Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
ghost is my all time GOAT and supreme was the definitive album of my teenage years. So nothing released in this era will top supreme just for that fact alone.
wait breh really in here arguing with a Ghost stan about SC... :mjlol:

thecoli.com

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
ghost is my all time GOAT and supreme was the definitive album of my teenage years. So nothing released in this era will top supreme just for that fact alone. But this album has the potential to have the same impact within this generation. Trust. Hip hop artists will be hailing this a classic very soon.

Nobody but Lupe stans will be calling this shyt classic. Trust.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Still tryna work out the details but, on this album of sequels(Stack That Cheese, Mural Jr, Alan Forever), I believe Haile Selassie is "The Cool pt. 2" :lupe:

KneeGrow.

Superstar
Daps
I don't like weirdo raps. This nikka makes the most insufferable, overly cryptic, pseudo intellectual raps I've ever heard. He's like those boring try hard backpack rappers from the late 90's/early 2000s but just not as good. I tried listening to this shyt but couldn't make it past 4 tracks.

I can't speak to his insufferability, because even as a Lupe fan, I don't always feel like hearing him. There are also times where I can understand people being annoyed by his want to be "clever"; there's a contrivance to it every once in a while. An air of "self importance" that can get tiring.

Overly cryptic? I don't get that critique completely. He conceptualizes things and may put them in a puzzle like format, but I don't think that's any different from most forms of art or literature. It's layered, but is that inherently "bad"? That seems like a matter of taste, really.

The claims of pseudo intellectualism is a common one, but I mainly see it when people seem to grow weary of the subject matter and less about what he's actually saying. The irony to me with that is Lupe isn't actually being as "deep" as his detractors seem to think he's being. He'll delve into a conspiratorial space every once in a while but that's a long held hip hop trope.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Breh actually listed Wiz and Migos as if those qualify as albums worth giving more than 1 listen to...

You should be negged to hell
Mentally challenged aggressive Lupe stans still alive in 2018 I see.

Who said anything about quality? Use that pea in your head and read it again. I COULDNT listen to them because they WERENT dope. I couldn’t give them an honest chance.

Additionally, the only Migos album I have given an honest chance, Culture, shyts on half of Lupes discography. According to me, millions and every person that’s paid to give their honest opinion.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
100 times? Ghost is a SSS tier MC. but hes not perfect, neither is lupe. Lupe is easily the most lyrical rapper ever. Only person whose close is Nas. thats almost unquestionable at this point whether you want to admit it or not. also who said lupe the greatest rapper ever? Thats nas. I got Ghost like...5th iirc and Lupe is in my top ten yes. I don't know where I even compared the two records beyond you crying about cryptic shyt when SC is full of literal ghost just seemingly going off top saying dope shyt.

Scientific, my hand kissed it, robotic let's think optimistic
You probably missed it, watch me dolly dikk it
Scotty, watty, cop it to me, big microphone hippie
Hit Poughkeepsie crispy chicken, verbs throw up a stone Richie

First damn lyrics of the album. You can't criticize Lupe for being cryptic (he really isn't) when you champion SC which is actually literally cryptic self contained if you know you know shyt. And I love that album but I'm also about being congruent.
Don’t use logic, you might hurt his brain :damn:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
@Zeu$

Ghost wasn’t anywhere near the MC Lupe is now by his seventh album

If the two were to work together right now, Ghost couldn’t keep up.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
@Zeu$

shyt like this is what I'm talking about. The delusion has to stop. You dudes are on an island that is so far separated from reality it's sad. Sad but funny at the same time.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
@Zeu$

Ghost has a great flow, voice, storytelling, and effortless flow. hes a godly MC

Yeah, now he'd probs get washed but overall we can't discredit his body of work which is amazing.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
shyt like this is what I'm talking about. The delusional has to stop. You dudes are on an island that is so far separated from reality it's sad. Sad but funny at the same time.

you not gonna reply to my post breh. Make too much sense for you :jbhmm: