Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
The album is very different, DO NOT EXPECT A TETSUO AND YOUTH, this is not that type of album at all
This is something like songs that lie somewhere between hailee salasee and mural in terms of sound, cadence and lyrical patterns, with jazzy type beats.
It is a fairly different type of Lupe album, one thing to set expectations, there is zero rappity raps here.
I love songs where Lupe just scorches the beat, he does not do that in this album.
Not in a bad way, but he takes a very different approach.
In a way this is somewhat an experimental album in terms of sound.
rapping-wise, it's like songs ft.Nikki Jean.

And for the album to end with Mural JR... damn, what a beat/flow. Majority of people will prefer Mural Jr over Mural.
But for the other songs, this is not what you expecting....

Many were saying this will be better than Tetsuo, to make that comparison will leave you dissapointed.
Don't do that comparison, this album is completely incomparable in terms of sound and creative direction.

Actually those that are saying this will be better than Tetsuo are people wanting another Tetsuo. That means these people will like Tetsuo more than this album.
Do not compare the two, it will leave you dissapointed.

This is not at all an album with bangers. It's a slow burn.
This is almost a concept album with a very consistent sound

Last edited:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Actually those that are saying this will be better than Tetsuo are people wanting another Tetsuo. That means these people will like Tetsuo more than this album.
Do not compare the two, it will leave you dissapointed.

This is not at all an album with bangers. It's a slow burn.
This is almost a concept album with a very consistent sound
Not true at all people want another good album tetsuo and youth is nothing like food and liquor and both are good. People just want good music

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Not true at all people want another good album tetsuo and youth is nothing like food and liquor and both are good. People just want good music
ya but you are talking in hindsight while this album is in the future for people.
It's not the same to say what you said

ReasonableMatic

Daps
It leaked.
Pardon Me, do you have any grey poupon? :feedme:
tenor.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is a fairly different type of Lupe album, one thing to set expectations, there is zero rappity raps here.
I love songs where Lupe just scorches the beat, he does not do that in this album.
Well, can't say it doesn't happen at least a few times, as I'm once again reminded of his insane breath control. He hasn't repped that midwest flow like this since The Cool.