Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Album is meh to me for the most part but Stronger and Imagine through King Nas are dope

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This nikka Lupe still promoting DROGAS Light on his youtube page. Bruh aint did a lick of promo outside of his IG and twitter.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Now all those reviews need to go back and listen to it correctly with the first concept ended at Alan Forever and the 2nd part as a another album

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I pretty much picked up on all of that, didn’t really need an explanation from Lu. But I guess the critics acting so obtuse to an obvious thematically shift inspired him to do so.

The album is nowhere near as convoluted as they try to depict it as. It’s basically a souped-up version of The Cool with better production, lyrics, and flows... and that album was praised as Lupe’s arrival as a star:heh:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Yall so naive thinking it's about the reviews, but nah these publications n media outlets really got it out for him for that anti semantic remark..it's deeper than rap. and especially him making a concept album about slavery.. doesn't sit too well with them cacs :francis:

I already discussed this two pages back champ

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Yall so naive thinking it's about the reviews, but nah these publications n media outlets really got it out for him for that anti semantic remark..it's deeper than rap. and especially him making a concept album about slavery.. doesn't sit too well with them cacs :francis:
It’s not even about slavery. Cacs don’t mind if you make some shyt recollecting slavery, cuz they want blacks to subconsciously believe that slavery is all there is to our history and that we are still slaves.

It’s the fact that Lupe incorporates a sense of empowerment into his mythological narratives of slaves, and seeks to establish pride in a unified culture and self worth among the African diaspora (and other disenfranchised folk) while exposing all the snake shyt by the powers that be is what got these muhfukkas black listing him :mjpls:

Cuz it ain’t just the cacs either, Lupe ain’t in the good graces of many blacks either... especially the liberal white pawn ones.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I pretty much picked up on all of that, didn’t really need an explanation from Lu. But I guess the critics acting so obtuse to an obvious thematically shift inspired him to do so.

The album is nowhere near as convoluted as they try to depict it as. It’s basically a souped-up version of The Cool with better production, lyrics, and flows... and that album was praised as Lupe’s arrival as a star:heh:

Yep.

The only thing is The Cool was a little more “accessible” lyrically and had the spoonful of sugar (Superstar, Paris Tokyo) to help the Medicine go down.

Drogas Wave is uncompromising, and with the subject matter being what it is, it should absolutely be so.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla

It’s just The Cool on steroids