Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I’m legit mad as hell this album ain’t getting the accolades it deserves.

I thought Nasir was criminally shyt on but THIS right here is just disgusting. Lupe literally gave you the Souls Of Black Folk in audio form and critics acting like albums like this drop every damn day.

Alan Forever by itself should be getting this nigha crowned the Best Lyricist Alive and people still talking about that HORRIBLE ass Eminem atrocity because he dropped a weak ass diss to another mediocre Cac rapper

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Yeah brehs, this shyt AOTY IMO. Amazing piece of work.

Manilla
WAV Files
Haile Selassie
Alan Forever (:to:)
Stronger
XO
Jonylah Forever (:mjcry:)
Stack That Cheese
King Nas
Happy Timbuck2 Day
Mural Jr.

I'd name more but I'd basically name the whole album :russ:

It's about time we acknowledge :lupe: as 1 of the most gifted lyricists of all time, he can't be denied anymore :wow:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Accessibility trumps all things when you're pumping out album reviews less than a week after an album has been released.

Some of these publications are giving Wave the same scores that they gave Drogas Light
:manny:

What more needs to be said?

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Give it time brehs. I wouldn't trust any review that hasn't at least given it a week to sit on their mind. You can't rush and write a review to something like this. It deserves your upmost attention and focus. This isn't microwave music. It requires time to haunt you.

I predict the praise to come towards the beginning of October onward (also physical copies). Regardless reviews can't take away from what Lupe has accomplished with the album.

Though I understand the frustration of him not getting his just due. Especially when others have albums deemed 'classic' within the first 24 hours. <---this is also something not to be trusted.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Breh. That post-coital rag XXL gave this fire a L rating:hhh:
Just read it. Very lazily written, rushed review.

His assessment of the music is as incomplete as he claims the concepts explored on the album are.

Imagine is a great song, but it isn’t the standout track of the album lmao. :mjlol:

He pretty much told on himself there, he picked the simplest song to follow as the album’s crowning achievement. :russ:

“Dense, convoluted, and monotonous” :mjlol:

I can understand not liking the album, but monotonous? :francis:

As many flows, varying production styles and cadences that’s on here it is monotonous? This nikka rapping in patois on some songs and it’s monotonous? :dead:

Just overall poorly examined.

Black Lightning

Superstar
Daps
King Nas

giphy.gif

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla