Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
:mjlol:

at that pandering ass open letter to Max B. Lupe remembered the Kanye pushback after Wiz mentioned it.

first joint he's rapping in Spanish, next he's Caribbean, he's not went too heavy on the rapping savant stuff (so far), production is pretty great..outside of the songs being too long, i'm up to Alan Forever and its pretty promising so far.

edit...the whole middle is shaky, went in his cheesy bag but finishes strong from Imagine to Mural Jr.

Last edited:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Generally, there's nothing wrong with putting "a lot of thought into music", but I believe you paint more poetic pictures with fewer strokes (especially in rap), just enough that allows the listener to think for themselves. He's corny because he went out of his way to needlessly expound his take of an organic sound simply for [pseudo] intellectual masturbation.

:manny:
I feel you not liking his music but confused why you care if he cares so much to put thought into whatever he making

I don’t fukk with Logic for instance but I do respect that he seems to put thought into his music

Y’all hate on mumble rappers for not trying and just Freestyling everything

Hate on lupe for trying to hard

hu3ypdadon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lupe is one of the best to ever pick up a mic..His lyrical ablitlity is on another level..He makes music that make you want to actually read the lyrics to each song.He truly is an Author/Rapper..His Music also makes me appreciate DMX in his prime. DMX was no where near lyrical as Lupe but DMX was able to keep it simple and still give you Raw emotion mixed with some knowledge you could understand easily. Lupe and Dmx have two totally different styles/Waves and both are incredible. This is what makes rap so diverse and different. There’s so many different styles in rap it’s similar to learning Karate. You gotta love HipHop, it’s forever evolving with new Styles

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
When he dumbed it down on Lasers and Drogas light people complained. Now he’s rapping to good and its a problem? Lol

It's not about rapping to good, It's about understanding what is being said.

This is way more perplexing lyrics than T&Y.

Some of it I get. A lot of it I don't.

I'm gone need a Genius decoder this time. :patrice:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
It's not about rapping to good, It's about understanding what is being said.

This is way more perplexing lyrics than T&Y.

Some of it I get. A lot of it I don't.

I'm gone need a Genius decoder this time. :patrice:

Son this is no where near as complex lol

How?

I take that back, the clear exception being the Spanish record.

What is complicated? Be specific

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Son this is no where near as complex lol

How?

I take that back, the clear exception being the Spanish record.

What is complicated? Be specific
I don't think it's on that level, but I can see people getting lost in the Helter Skelter section. That said, the hooks are direct enough that it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
Lupe connecting the story of the whole African Diaspora with this record. I was wondering to myself why there was so much use of patois, and then of course the Spanish record. Because those ships didn't just go to America. Lupe probably spends months putting charts together before he even starts writing a record. That's the only way I can see someone executing a story this complex this well. Such a great writer.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Zong-Massacre.jpg

1900sc_Postcard-Alligator_01.jpg