Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Per someone I was talking to the other day regarding Lupe’s bullshyt approach to rhyme:

A perfectly fine MC says:

“Dope on a rope, a bar of soap”

Lupe says:

“Ivory shavings attached to the cords that reeled the slave’s in/where do you drink and spend your savings? combine that with the aforementioned shavings”

If you all don’t come to grips with this goofy ass say nothing motherfukker already.

You know an MC ain’t shyt when cats argue if Skysnooze is on his level.
You got a link to that dope on a rope track?

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Dead ass I don’t know how you guys like this wack shyt. Like you need a mummy ass wrap style? A dude standing on a square beasting isn’t enough?

Imma play timbukaroo bonzai and see what it see.

Daps
So your hating a guy for putting a lot of thought into his music cuz it’s corny ?
Generally, there's nothing wrong with putting "a lot of thought into music", but I believe you paint more poetic pictures with fewer strokes (especially in rap), just enough that allows the listener to think for themselves. He's corny because he went out of his way to needlessly expound his take of an organic sound simply for [pseudo] intellectual masturbation.

:manny:

Last edited:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
"Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better but the frog dies in the process."

6dxv1c.jpg