Daps
giphy.gif

Did my best to get ‘em out the streets
So they don’t get killed by that bytch
Gotta keep moving can’t sit still in that traffic
It’s a savage
Dumb shyt, I ain’t wit it
But if you wanna run shyt then let’s get it
1 feature? What else you got? Back when he was actually trying to help some young nikkas ~ Lupe Fiasco

1 feature. Even on the song he was talking about trying to get rondo out the streets.

Rapper Lupe Fiasco: ‘It’s my job to shine light and expose the dark side’​

“ I will be blunt: I don’t like drill music,” he says of the dark sub-genre of rap that originated in Chicago and is built around warped basslines and morose lyrics. “The structure and segregation of Chicago means you could go from a Gangster Disciples to a Black Disciples hood just by crossing the street. These gangs are killing each other, so how am I going to drive through their neighbourhoods playing drill music out the window that boasts about their friends’ murders?”

The full article is posted in here.

Did you even listen to the first track?

So Lupe Fiasco making drill music? Come on man
I agree with what you're saying and see what he was trying to do but sometimes lines get blurred when you decide to play both sides of the fence.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Mos(t) would pull the trigger if the weapon's full of blanks
But when there's a pool of sharks and you step into the tank
That's the pool of art that got 'em headed to the plank"

The irony is that Lupe wishes the false bravado was still there when real guns are involved. Rappers die too much. The last bar is also probably another art reference to David Hockney's A Bigger Splash and his swimming pool mural at the Roosevelt Hotel.
WyIzhii.jpg

syx2qOU.jpg

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't believe we got this album cause Chill was bored lol. This interview was def less organic than the last couple, but basically confirmed the futility I was feeling from the album, like maybe you can't save the world anymore. The words from the commander tho, that's all it takes to keep you going.

Suspicions

All Star
Daps
So how does someone have a similar setup to Lupe with the $100 mic etc. I want one.

Also did anyone ever take all those freestyles he made and put them into a folder or somethin

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
So how does someone have a similar setup to Lupe with the $100 mic etc. I want one.

Also did anyone ever take all those freestyles he made and put them into a folder or somethin

The mic is relatively unimportant in the tracking chain, it's more about the acoustics of the room you record in. Common "workarounds" don't really work well either, mic shields for example give your vocals a "boxier" feeling due to the proximity of the reflections to the capsule so they don't work very well, especially if your delivery is on the louder end. You'd be much better off taking a bunch of sound blankets, some PVC pipe (or something similar) and building something like this:

AVB63-oneside-open1550-549x600-1.jpg

And even then, the frequency response is gonna be uneven and it will sound more "dead" in the midrange than it would in a properly treated room. This would be by far the cheapest way to record halfway decent rap vocals in an untreated room though, no matter what mic you're using.