Reppin
Carolina
IMG-6382.jpg
insane tbh

ridiculous

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Love how much room the beats have to breathe, allows Trakk and his team to do interesting stuff like the end of Precious Things. Idk what to call it in music terms, but it sounds like "funeral processionals increase their frequency".

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

giphy.gif

Did my best to get ā€˜em out the streets
So they donā€™t get killed by that bytch
Gotta keep moving canā€™t sit still in that traffic
Itā€™s a savage
Dumb shyt, I ainā€™t wit it
But if you wanna run shyt then letā€™s get it
1 feature? What else you got? Back when he was actually trying to help some young nikkas ~ Lupe Fiasco

1 feature. Even on the song he was talking about trying to get rondo out the streets.

Rapper Lupe Fiasco: ā€˜Itā€™s my job to shine light and expose the dark sideā€™​

ā€œ I will be blunt: I donā€™t like drill music,ā€ he says of the dark sub-genre of rap that originated in Chicago and is built around warped basslines and morose lyrics. ā€œThe structure and segregation of Chicago means you could go from a Gangster Disciples to a Black Disciples hood just by crossing the street. These gangs are killing each other, so how am I going to drive through their neighbourhoods playing drill music out the window that boasts about their friendsā€™ murders?ā€

The full article is posted in here.

Did you even listen to the first track?

So Lupe Fiasco making drill music? Come on man

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sad, he's still doing almost as much time as Chill. This was around the time Lupe gave up trying to preach to them and wanted to build a weird sense of unity, but he was too late. There's probably a Fredo collab in the vault, but I'm glad Lupe eventually moved on.

He fukked with Rondo but you could only do so much for one person. They gotta want that shyt too

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
nikka that's arguably 2 of the 3 best songs on the album :pachaha:

I have to take my opinion back on TRON.

Played the album yesterday & shyt was fireā€¦Iā€™ll talk the L there, b.

But for some reason I canā€™t fukk with the hook on Body of Work :yeshrug: