NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
We got Act 2, so...

(But I get what you're saying)
See what I’m saying? He waited so long to drop act 2 I forgot the nikka dropped Act 2 :mjlol:

And that was in 2020. Brothas was starving in 2009, 2010, etc. and Jay Elect killed his own hype

Lupe be killing his own hype sometimes. Y’all remember the retirement steez he had around 2016 when he announced 3 albums in a row then retirement?

He had listed Drogas, some album called ROY, and Skulls to all drop that year and then he’d drop the mic and walk away. This nikka shortly threw a fit on twitter and cancelled everything

Knowing damn well them shyts wasn’t gon drop. We all want Skulls fa sho but that album prolly don’t changed 50 billion times already

Daps
Reppin
NULL
See what I’m saying? He waited so long to drop act 2 I forgot the nikka dropped Act 2 :mjlol:

And that was in 2020. Brothas was starving in 2009, 2010, etc. and Jay Elect killed his own hype

Lupe be killing his own hype sometimes. Y’all remember the retirement steez he had around 2016 when he announced 3 albums in a row then retirement?

He had listed Drogas, some album called ROY, and Skulls to all drop that year and then he’d drop the mic and walk away. This nikka shortly threw a fit on twitter and cancelled everything

Knowing damn well them shyts wasn’t gon drop. We all want Skulls fa sho but that album prolly don’t changed 50 billion times already
The reason it caught my attention is Skulls was mostly stuck at the conceptual stage for like a decade and seemingly overnight, there's a complete album. I think Soundtrakk catching covid a while ago really scared Lupe and probably partially why he even attempted a 24-hour album. That said, my expectation is at minimum, a 5-year wait lol.

TezMilli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD via Brick City
It'll grow on you. Album amazing. Though I do wish Autoboto wasn't the ONLY uptempo song. Sequentially it could have used 1 or 2 more. Only personal issue. I assume that will be addressed in the deluxe version. The pace of Autoboto made me crave for another song with that aggression.

As for Drogas Wave, agreed. I don't people realize how fukking insane it is that a double disc album has zero bad songs. How often has that happened in history? I'll wait.

It doesn't happen often but Killah Priest's Psychic World of Walter Reed also falls into that category.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve seen others point out that the album cover is an upside-down mountain, but I think it could be specifically, Mount Zion. Right side up, the triangle pointing down is drilling for gold, monetizing the rappers who die too much and our other fallen soldiers. The skull is severed into two and they have no choice but to simply fall to their death. However, if the triangle pointing up is Mount Zion, the yellow portion changes into a lightning-filled sky. Like the Trilly & Truly slogan, “Lightning gave them life”. The two halves of the severed skull are now climbing Mount Zion to piece themselves back together at the summit, because lightning tends to strikes the tallest point. Maybe this is what Lupe really meant by “a nice finish to a series”. Tetsuo & Youth has an upside-down cross, Drogas Wave has an upside-down A and Drill Music in Zion has an upside-down mountain. Instead of resigning to your fate, it’s a series of taking control of your life, which you can only see from another angle.

“Those trusting in the Lord are like Mount Zion, unshakable, forever enduring” - Psalm 125:1

Daps
Reppin
NULL
“I get my signals from The Source
I can Twist and I contort”
Far from tongue twisting, but Autoboto is the most upbeat song on the album. The 100 Chicagos video has similar shades, watch and pinky ring to Twista’s in The Source. The Source was The Bible of Hip-Hop and The Matrix get its signals from the real bible. In The Matrix, The Source is also believed to be the central computing core for the entire machine mainframe. The Oracle gave Neo a signal before he knocked over the vase. Twisting/contorting like Transformers and also, “It is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself”. Zion is in you.

NMjd1n7.jpg

SgaLE4b.png

“I just feel like I’m a Porsche
I’m Carrera, error, error, error, error…”
“You lose all of the plots for the affections of a race”
Race as in racism, but carrera can mean “race” in Spanish. When you aim to get rich or die trying asap, you’re bound to forget where you came from. You can only live the fast life for so long and Ghoti has an implied bar of "ball til you fall".

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Wish 100 chicagos made the album. I would put it as track 2 or 3.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:heh: it just hit me that the leader of the Autobots carries the Matrix of Leadership. It's a conduit for the power of the Transformer creator god, Primus.

Autoboto. "I get signals from the source."

Drill music in Zion.

Like in The Matrix.

I can't with this nikka, man :pachaha:
“Nor does become inferior because you connect him to an ape”
Humans and apes are classified in the order of Primates/Prime-ates. Both Optimus and Prime mean “best”. The surface of the bar rejects racism and it’s also just objective truth through the leader of the Autobots' name. This would be a stretch for most rappers, but Lupe different lol.