kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Was wondering if there was a swing connection with Malcolm X and I found a lindy hop scene in the 1992 biopic:

Contrast that with the "end scene" and there are 10 kids saying they are Malcolm X:

X=10 in roman numerals and there are 10 phrases with the letter X
Roxbury
Malcolm X block
Malcolm X watched
Malcolm X stopped
Malcolm X-Box
Malcolm X ring
Malcolm X-Files
Malcolm X thing
Malcolm X mean
Malcolm X-Wing

Malcolm X's birthday is May 19 lol I'm really trying not to lose my mind with the dates magically lining up with Lupe's release schedule.

This shyt is crazy and that verse was dope

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
The track SEATTLE must be a reference to the former NBA-team Seattle Supersonics, as the hook mentions 'going supersonic'?
cECKiai.png

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I'm a huge lupe fan , I consider TnY an drogus wave both classics ifn not 4.75/5. I felt drogus wave to be maybe the most underrated album ever

with that being said I'm not being blown away here- is the music good YES and I do think this is a solid album but its too sleepy after 2 listens, too many similar tracks to me spec second half of album

Am I wrong? idk maybe

It'll grow on you. Album amazing. Though I do wish Autoboto wasn't the ONLY uptempo song. Sequentially it could have used 1 or 2 more. Only personal issue. I assume that will be addressed in the deluxe version. The pace of Autoboto made me crave for another song with that aggression.

As for Drogas Wave, agreed. I don't people realize how fukking insane it is that a double disc album has zero bad songs. How often has that happened in history? I'll wait.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
On Faux Nam a
I hadn’t listened to Bobby’s Hot Nikka in years. It came on yesterday and I’m surprised nobody feels like he snitched on them. I mean damn

And Truey on some hot nikka (hot nikka)
Like I talk to Shyste when I shot nikkas (what's good?)
Like you seen him twirl, then he drop, nikka (seen him drop)
And we keep them 9 millis on my block, nikka
And Monte keep it on him, he done dropped nikkas
And Trigger, he be wilding, he some hot nikka
Tones known to get busy with them Glocks, nikka

Like yooooo 😂 every dude he named is still doing real time
:deadrose: Holy shyt I just pictured Bobby on the stand saying that :russ:

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
It'll grow on you. Album amazing. Though I do wish Autoboto wasn't the ONLY uptempo song. Sequentially it could have used 1 or 2 more. Only personal issue. I assume that will be addressed in the deluxe version. The pace of Autoboto made me crave for another song with that aggression.

As for Drogas Wave, agreed. I don't people realize how fukking insane it is that a double disc album has zero bad songs. How often has that happened in history? I'll wait.
Agreed on Drogas Wave being a top tier classic, but XO is an unlistenable track to me. I can't stand that one. Mostly because of that god awful hook. The album flows better without it, so I just don't play it. Had to cut it from the playlist
:manny:

Still, it being a double album and only having one bad track equals an absolutely incredible album

Last edited:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On Faux Nam a

:deadrose: Holy shyt I just pictured Bobby on the stand saying that :russ:

Imagine the prosecutors reading this and it actually happened. Then Bobby’s lawyers asking him how does he know and he answers…… “I put it in my song.” 😂

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I'm a huge lupe fan , I consider TnY an drogus wave both classics ifn not 4.75/5. I felt drogus wave to be maybe the most underrated album ever

with that being said I'm not being blown away here- is the music good YES and I do think this is a solid album but its too sleepy after 2 listens, too many similar tracks to me spec second half of album

Am I wrong? idk maybe

Not blown away yet either.

Don't get me wrong this is dope af, but I'm still taking it in. What's good about Lupe is that his music is worth the adaquate amount of time needed to digest it. This is much more concise and monotone compared to T&Y which is the standard for me as a Lupe Fan.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
good album nothing more or less....everything doesn't have to be a classic, T&Y and drogas spoiled folks lol..Its like when nas and jay drop average or above average albums folks either call em classics or trash no in between

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Agreed on Drogas Wave being a top tier classic, but XO is an unlistenable track to me. I can't stand that one. Mostly because of that god awful hook. The album flows better without it, so I just don't play it. Had to cut it from the playlist
:manny:

Still, it being a double album and only having one bad track equals an absolutely incredible album

Xo is one of my fav songs on the album :banderas: