Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m digging the first 4 songs so far, but is the mixing/mastering a little off or something? I was listening to Duke Deuce before this and there was a major contrast in clarity
Kiosk makes it clear that it intentionally has an rough/inconsistent mix from song to song or even within the same song to give you a more raw feeling than any of his other albums. It makes sense as it builds up to a closer that's one of his most personal songs.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah for the “Lupe is too abstract/cryptic crowd to enjoy” the wind in their sails got took out

And like you said even Naomi is palatable for how smooth it is, and the lyrics aren’t super abstract. Only time I’d say he went Tetsuo mode on nikkas was the first half of his first verse on the title track

Now the narrative is the production is boring and Lupe shouldn’t rap over jazzy/boom bap/mellow production

It used to be Lupe shouldn’t work with anyone other than Soundtrakk. When you are as gifted and creative at writing as Lupe & Nas (not comparing the two head 2 head) there will never be a consensus on what production ppl want to hear them on

Cuz ppl have a certain image/attachment to a style that they once had although they’ve mastered formulating excellent songs with varying production
Yeah, I get it. Every once in a while, Nas will put out something like Magic and Lupe will drop The Cool references until the end of time, but they're gonna make whatever music they feel for the most part. And that's what makes them interesting. I have no clue what KD3 will sound like and Lupe's in the same boat.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was wondering if there was a swing connection with Malcolm X and I found a lindy hop scene in the 1992 biopic:

Contrast that with the "end scene" and there are 10 kids saying they are Malcolm X:

X=10 in roman numerals and there are 10 phrases with the letter X
Roxbury
Malcolm X block
Malcolm X watched
Malcolm X stopped
Malcolm X-Box
Malcolm X ring
Malcolm X-Files
Malcolm X thing
Malcolm X mean
Malcolm X-Wing

Malcolm X's birthday is May 19 lol I'm really trying not to lose my mind with the dates magically lining up with Lupe's release schedule.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Yeah, I get it. Every once in a while, Nas will put out something like Magic and Lupe will drop The Cool references until the end of time, but they're gonna make whatever music they feel for the most part. And that's what makes them interesting. I have no clue what KD3 will sound like and Lupe's in the same boat.
You can’t keep creative genius like theirs in a box. Sooner or later they’re going to branch off and try some off the wall shyt

It can result some ambitious missteps (Who Killed It?, Jarreau of Rap) (bytch Bad, a lot of F&L2) but those same minds gonna birth greatness like Rewind, I Gave You Power... Streets On Fire, WAV Files

Last edited:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can’t keep creative genius like theirs in a box. Sooner or later they’re going to branch off and try some off the wall shyt

It can result some ambitious missteps (Who Killed It?, Jarreau of Rap) (bytch Bad, a lot of F&L2) but those same minds gonna birth greatness like Rewind, I Gave You Power... Streets On Fire, WAV Files

I’m in the minority who loves Jarreau of rap :yeshrug:

It’s a creative record

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This was actually a good listen, not as complicated as some of his previous work lyrically, and the production is tight. I’ll spin it again because im sure theres some points that i missed

I was thinking about this a bit after hearing him say it was a 3 Day project. I think for lupe that actually helped him, It's not super duper deep or introspective like layers upon layers upon layers. But still probably more introspective and deep than most rap albums in the last 2 decades.
Him being on a timeframe probably helped him a lot.
The Production is probably some of my favorite from a Lupe album as a whole. Only song I actually don't like is the autoboto or whatever.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I’m in the minority who loves Jarreau of rap :yeshrug:

It’s a creative record
And I kinda like who killed it of Hip Hop Is Dead lol. And that’s the thing about it, that creativeness is going to hit someone like :ohhh:

So when it all comes together on a consensus record, where the beat, hook, lyrics, delivery all unite into one, everybody is going to be in awe of a masterpiece

Thankfully Lupe never let outside forces continue to stunt his artistic growth. If he woulda stayed a street rapper spittin gangster shyt like he was back in 2000-2004, he woulda been resorted to actual drill music 8 years ago and had nothing interesting to say

L $ C

Superstar
Daps
I'm a huge lupe fan , I consider TnY an drogus wave both classics ifn not 4.75/5. I felt drogus wave to be maybe the most underrated album ever

with that being said I'm not being blown away here- is the music good YES and I do think this is a solid album but its too sleepy after 2 listens, too many similar tracks to me spec second half of album

Am I wrong? idk maybe