Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Should I listen? Don't want to be disappointed :mjcry:

Lupe let us down 1 time in 2011 and it was not his fault, but his label.

Even if you're not a massive fan like we are, F&L, The Cool, Tetsuo & Youth, Drogas Wave, and now Drill Music in Zion are genuinely great albums.

Food & Liquor 2 was pretty good, just uneven and had some bad production/hooks, but it had loads of gems. Strange Fruition, Around My Way, ITAL, Put Em' Up, Form Follows Function, Hood Now and Lamborghini Angels are all terrific records. I personally loved Brave Heart too.

Edit: I forgot Drogas Light. I liked that one, but it was just a bunch of throwaway tracks that he wasn't realeasing seriously. We were aware of this BEFORE the album even dropped so I can't say I was disappointed there. Overall, he's 6 for 8. How many rappers do you listen to who have a discography that is batting .800?

If you count mixtapes/EPs, his percentage is even higher :pachaha:

Fahrenheit series, Enemy of the State, Friend of the People, Pharoah Height, Lost in the Atlantic, House EP are all :wow:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
giphy.gif

I was in Roxbury on Malcolm X block

giphy.gif

Talking that talk that got Malcolm X watched

giphy.gif

Tryna pick up where Malcolm X stopped

Only gave my players a Malcolm Xbox

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Look in the sky, see the Malcolm X ring

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Malcolm X-files, it's a Malcolm X thing

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

As you ask yourself, "What does Malcolm X mean?"

giphy.gif

I return to the force in a Malcolm X-Wing

giphy.gif

And scene

You know they want a slice of your dreams
But even Christ took a knife for the team, so….

SWING :wow:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ms. Mural/Ms. Pac-Man = Joan of Arc

“This isn’t normally allowed”
“A product of a Pontiff for the election of a saint
A gift from the read for the digestion of the can’t
A visual garnish for the confessions of the Frank”
“Martyrdom will call”
“It’s not really a beef, but conceptually, it’s steak/stake
Like do genitals and gender roles succesfully conflate”
"It never ceases to amaze, my mouth is medically agape
One day its raising up the brand, the next it's shredding it to flakes
And the velocity of trends is what referees the pace
Professionally accept what ethically I hate"
“Less like putting on some makeup, more like severing a face”
“How you articulated the nature and put it all on trial
Took it up to Heaven, then put it on the ground
The painter asked the patron, can you stand up on the pile/pyre”
“When your heart’s unknown in the Arc of Joan”

In Christianity, agape is "the highest form of love, charity" and "the love of God for man and of man for God". This is in contrast to philia, brotherly love, or philautia, self-love, as it embraces a deep and profound sacrificial love that transcends and persists regardless of circumstance. Jesus lived out agape love by sacrificing himself on the cross for the sins of the world. There is a specific painting being illustrated here, such as Joan of Arc’s Death at the Stake by Stilke Hermann Anton or Joan of Arc at the Stake in Rouen by Jules Lenepveu. Considering the namesake of Ms. Mural stems from Ms. Pac-Man, Joan of Arc led the French army in The Hundred Years’ War during a time when women did not normally fight in battle. The reason why they ultimately burned her to death was because she refused to stop wearing men’s clothes, at odds with her claims of receiving visions and voices sent from God. “A woman shall not wear a man’s garment, nor shall a man put on a woman’s clothing, for anyone who does such things is an abomination to the Lord, your God.” - Deutoronomy 22:5

Her imprisonment feeds into Lupe’s time at Atlantic and the sham of a trial connects back to Autoboto’s “I defend myself in court”. Despite being an illiterate peasant, she was able to outsmart the English’s manipulative tactics for the most part. After she was burned to death, they discovered her heart remained intact, which was seen as a miracle at the time. In 1456, King Charles ordered that Joan’s case be reinvestigated in the hopes of clearing her name, even after death. He declared her innocent of all charges and declared her a martyr for France. This sounds similar to the title track mentioning a DNA test posthumously proving one’s innocence only when it’s too late. On May 16, 1920, she was formally canonized as a saint on and on June 24, 1920, the French parliament decreed a yearly national festival in her honor on the second Sunday in May. June 24 is also the release date lol, but I wouldn’t put it past Lupe as he did something similar with Tetsuo and Youth.

I’m sure there’s still more like the words used to explain Ghoti are “enough women nation” and how it fits within other forms of hypocrisy across the album, but I’ve covered a lot already. Anyway, this is like when I found out Body of Work was walking you through Deep Cover, amazing.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
this shyt is mid af...honestly elevator music sounds way better than this shyt...

production boring af...nothing about this album stood out to me...
I liked Seattle and the closing track of the album....amazing intro but Lupe's cadence and energy mid af..:francis:

Damn nikka. You need rappers yelling and shyt over loud ass beats to keep your attention?

Who's your favorite rapper? Lil Jon?

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
I thought the album was ok, but its steadily growing on me. Its getting a lot of play, and its making the anticipating for the deluxe stronger.