Piffery

All Star
Daps
Nobody is going to agree with me but Ms > original > Jr.

I like Ms best because it's a more focused song
No that's my ranking too.
I like Ms.Mural because it's meta on the concept of the trilogy and takes a step back to observe to process of the creation/creation in general from the perspective of the painter and the patron and Lupe from our view, and the interesting interplay is interesting and builds to a quiet climax.
The subject matter is still sprawling but does so in a way that we can cogently link all the subject matter together and get something of an ethos statement on art and culture and Lupe's struggle; it's very much a mural still, but what goes behind the process of painting it and not the organized chaos of the other murals.

Edit: But I've also never liked Mural Jr

Last edited:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ve admired many cities through the windows of hotels
And from a window of a plane I’ve seen a window of a cell
The plane started to fly, the rain started to fell
That’s LaGuardia & Rikers, an airport next to a jail
I took a picture, it looked like my window was crying
Cuz it was sad that all they saw every day was somebody flying
And they was trapped…

james-brown.gif

I’ma need a moment :wow: hold ya head to my nikkaz that shouldn’t be n there
And, Martina Topley Bird sample:boss: makes the cypher complete:ohhh::wow::

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Verse 2 of DMIZ....he was in his bag on that one

I mean he was in his bag the whole album...still have two tracks to go..but that verse was beautiful

Now there are those that resoluted to wreck
Got caught, fought, lost, electrocuted to death
Came a little late for the rescue and the flesh
DNA exonerates posthumously whatever's left
No resurrection but reputation's correct
The revelation brings decorated regrets
All due respect, it's not really about fair
Collective sigh 'cause the real killer's still out there
Probably calling up police
Complaining 'bout his neighbors or just walking on the beach
Why should he have such views of the ocean?
And not be hanging from the gallows with his neck neatly broken?

I let it soak in, then I put the soap in
Then I put the boats in, then I play with both them
The hot tub's now lookin' like a yacht club
Makin' sure I get all of the shoes like a bot does
Neighbor is pissed
Tells the cops "if he wants to bathe like a sailor
Live on a container ship"
I party all night and the bangin' is intense
'Cause I know exactly what you did
And you gon' pay for it, you bytch

breh..... :wow:

Daps

Lupe didn’t waste a bar the entire album but this song is not only written with so many layers with artistic expression but he technically went off

The complaints about the production is lazy to me. This beat is beautiful and gives Lu the space needs to really tell the story

People who complain about production being "sleepy time" are the same people with short attention span and pretending they are HipHop fans when all they want is that favorite song to bump to and, again, act like theyre a fan.

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
Man, I don't know how to feel about this album.

Lupe never fell off lyrically, he's still Top 5 in the game, but his beat selection is always suspect. Why can't he pick decent beats?

He's Nas before Nas met Hit-Boy.....

The beats are aight but sound like they got straight jacked from a Youtube lo-fi chillhop channel.

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sonically, this is Lupe's best album imo. the beats and hooks (two area were Lupe's album aren't always great) are top notch.

the lyrics are dope as usual but I need more time to analyze and decode them. overall, I'm very impressed.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Lupe didn’t waste a bar the entire album but this song is not only written with so many layers with artistic expression but he technically went off

Not only did he go the fukk off lyrically, that 2nd verse is just about the most.... honest he's ever sounded on record. Even though he's speaking from the perspective of the painter, that is the most/closest we've ever gotten to Lu being emotional/vulnerable in discussing himself/his music on record.

"Professionally accept what ethically I hate
So in all of my work, you see this wrestling with fate"

It's just :mjcry:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I can never trust any of you nikkas who said you ain't like Autoboto. Oh my goodness this shyt slaps so hard. That 2nd verse LMAOOOOO.

"Do you need a lawyer? No hoe."

For those not in the know, "Carrera Lu" is his alternate persona, one he goes to when he's locked in and just spitting. So that 2nd verse is basically Carrera Lu dissing Lupe Fiasco.

I also love Nayirah's haunting, angelic part at the end. Love that song man. Top 4 on the album.

Daps
I can never trust any of you nikkas who said you ain't like Autoboto. Oh my goodness this shyt slaps so hard. That 2nd verse LMAOOOOO.

"Do you need a lawyer? No hoe."

For those not in the know, "Carrera Lu" is his alternate persona, one he goes to when he's locked in and just spitting. So that 2nd verse is basically Carrera Lu dissing Lupe Fiasco.

I also love Nayirah's haunting, angelic part at the end. Love that song man. Top 4 on the album.
This dude just blows my fukking mind with his lyrics. I assume the latter part of 2nd verse where he says he wants credit for it applies to this one right?