Nabs

Superstar
Daps
Might have to grab that hard copy. Assuming it's easily available.

2PhDJCA.jpg

Lupe Fiasco - DRILL MUSIC IN ZION [Indie Exclusive Limited Edition Opaque Blue 2LP] | RECORD STORE DAY the vinyl too

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
Ghoti is so fire. I love the imagery. Homie went back to 96 with that flow. So slick.

"They catching bait with fish..."

Ghoti is a play on how the English language isn't phonetic. Gh could sound like an F, O could sound like an I, and ti could be a sh sound. Fish.

Skip2

All Star
Daps
Ghoti is so fire. I love the imagery. Homie went back to 96 with that flow. So slick.

"They catching bait with fish..."

Ghoti is a play on how the English language isn't phonetic. Gh could sound like an F, O could sound like an I, and ti could be a sh sound. Fish.
“Trakk on the track, I ride all on the freights like I'm Shoestring”

:wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The current art world is just competitively opaque
It never ceases to amaze, my mouth is medically agape
One day its raising up the brand, the next it's shredding it to flakes
And the velocity of trends is what referees the pace
Professionally accept what ethically I hate
So in all of my work you see this wrestling with faith
Deceiving in the brushstrokes how aggressively I strafe
Less like putting on some makeup, more like severing a face
"Wow", said the patron with a smile
That's the most interesting diatribe I've heard in a while
How you articulated the nature and put it all on trial
Took it up to heaven then put it on the ground
The painter asked the patron, "Can you stand up on the pile?
I've had a flash of inspiration, my creativeness aroused"
The model took its place, the painter grabbed a lighter
Doused the shyt in gasoline and set it all on fire

Yeah Ms Mural is my favorite track. Just been listening to it over and over again. The Mural trilogy is probably my favorite song series in rap.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
One thing I love about DMIZ and Mr. Morale is that they both challenge the notion that rap albums have to have upbeat party anthems/club bangers/songs that bump in the whip or it's objectively a knock against it.

Rap music does NOT need to make you dance, feel good or wanna beat somebody's ass to qualify as being legit. It is not a flaw if an album lacks that. All that means is your limitations and expectations for what rap is supposed to be are being challenged. And that's a good thing as the genre desperately needs to be pushed forward.

This is why I love when Lupe did Dinosaurs. Folks were like "Wtf? This nikka rapping about the prehistoric B. He's lost it." but the song was amazing though. And wasn't he rhyming words together? Flowing? Wasn't there a concept? Okay then what's the problem? This is why Lu said the state of art (see: hip hop) is so opaque. Everybody wants to neatly put rap in the smallest, one size fits all (but it'll be a tight ass fit)suit out of convenience.

Kendrick still gave us Kn95 and Silent Hill to rock with and Lupe gave us Autobot, but for the most part these albums do not go off at a party and that's fine. Still masterpieces regardless, or maybe even in part BECAUSE of that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
One thing I love about DMIZ and Mr. Morale is that they both challenge the notion that rap albums have to have upbeat party anthems/club bangers/songs that bump in the whip or it's objectively a knock against it.

Rap music does NOT need to make you dance, feel good or wanna beat somebody's ass to qualify as being legit. It is not a flaw if an album lacks that. All that means is your limitations and expectations for what rap is supposed to be are being challenged. And that's a good thing as the genre desperately needs to be pushed forward.

This is why I love when Lupe did Dinosaurs. Folks were like "Wtf? This nikka rapping about the prehistoric B. He's lost it." but the song was amazing though. And wasn't he rhyming words together? Flowing? Wasn't there a concept? Okay then what's the problem? This is why Lu said the state of art (see: hip hop) is so opaque. Everybody wants to neatly put rap in the smallest, one size fits all but it'll be a tight fit ass suit ever :pachaha:

Kendrick still gave us Kn95 and Silent Hill to rock with and Lupe gave us Autobot, but for the most part these albums do not go off at a party and that's fine. Still masterpieces regardless, or maybe even in part BECAUSE of that.
People will compare Mr Morale and Drill Music In Zion but I don' think they compare. They each go in completely different directions. About the only way they compare is to how different they are from the typical rap album's content.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
On Mural “That's buried living? And cherry picking
Every lemon from your berry system
Then proceed with the Pac feeding”

giphy.gif

Then he teased a pic of Pac-Man and said 2 more to go on twitter, then after mural jr he said 1 more to go, and after listening to Ms mural that’s how all of them tie in together.

Pac-Man = Mural = Painting
Ms. Pac Man= Ms. Mural = Painter
Pac-Man Jr. = Mural Jr = Legacy of the artist and painting

Certain lyrics connect them too. Will post later

nikkas gotta go to HARVARD to be a Lupe Stan!

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Refreshing my memory with T&Y and damn, that's Precious Things in a nutshell:
"My opposition is not pretending when I work twice as hard to defeat myself"