The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I mess with it. I'm enjoying it. On Faux Nem probably my favorite track right now.

:russ: Hell nah breh. Arby's. I do fukk with their fries. The gyros ain't too bad.

Breh, the game got shut down when they decide to put the chicken cheddar ranch sandwiches on the 2 for 6 menu :wow: . Them fukkers are wild for that.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ngl, I only know this one off top cause of Liquid Swords.
"When heaven loses a job, hell wins staff"
n5QmEMU.jpg

Daps
I've had this on repeat for the past few hours. This album is a great balance for Lupe, and the perfect length for listeners nowadays. It doesn't overstay it's welcome, and the production is varied, yet cohesive. His lyrics are dense (as expected), but it comes across as effortless (Carrera Lu' era).

Can't believe he made this in three days.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
When the beat drops on Kiosk...wow

I know that Kendrick got the media backing him but this the better album by far. And it's not close

Breh this is what Kenny should have been doing on a dumbed down approach, instead we got whatever the hell the "messiah" was trying to babble about. This is the Criterion flick to a Netflix Exclusive.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
After sitting with this for two days, this feels like Lupe's most mature body of work to date. The album's short production window lends itself to the content being more blunt & direct, but Lupe's talented enough to avoid cliche even while being more concise (and less abstract). What's equally impressive imo is that none of the songs particularly sound alike, he covers a lot of ground ranging from storytelling verses to address-style verses to conceptual verses and his performances across the board match the energy of the production, none of it is phoned-in or meandering. Subject matter-wise, this is the most outward-looking album he's made in a long time. It has moments where it feels like a state-of-address but more often it feels like Lupe is openly mourning the (sad) state of the culture.

The production is cohesive, at first it felt too low-key (and especially for a summer album) but it complements the back-to-the-basics feel of the album. Nothing on here feels operatic or overproduced, there's no thump either though so I think a lot of people won't give it a proper chance from just skimming through it.

This is a very good album, no filler and the highlights are very strong. 8/10

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
After sitting with this for two days, this feels like Lupe's most mature body of work to date. The album's short production window lends itself to the content being more blunt & direct, but Lupe's talented enough to avoid cliche even while being more concise (and less abstract). What's equally impressive imo is that none of the songs particularly sound alike, he covers a lot of ground ranging from storytelling verses to address-style verses to conceptual verses and his performances across the board match the energy of the production, none of it is phoned-in or meandering. Subject matter-wise, this is the most outward-looking album he's made in a long time. It has moments where it feels like a state-of-address but more often it feels like Lupe is openly mourning the (sad) state of the culture.

The production is cohesive, at first it felt too low-key (and especially for a summer album) but it complements the back-to-the-basics feel of the album. Nothing on here feels operatic or overproduced, there's no thump either though so I think a lot of people won't give it a proper chance from just skimming through it.

This is a very good album, no filler and the highlights are very strong. 8/10

Perfectly said