D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
After the first listen…

Wow..the production on this is putting me to sleep.. Soundtrakk did this!? This the first time he’s let me down.

Only songs that I really rock with are Naomi, Drill Music and Seattle..

There’s not one song on here that would be worthy enough to be on Drogas Wave

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He did it!!! Album is flat out amazing
jMFgvFw

Grand_Verbalizer

All Star
Daps
That Precious Things into Kiosk was rough on first listen. Not feeling either on the initial listen.

The first 2 minutes of Kiosk has some of the worst shyt I've heard in a looong time though I did bust out laughing when he hit those high notes so he gets points for that and the content itself

I'll keep it short and say it in the nicest way possible, Hearing it's going to be 10 tracks and jazz influenced I thought it would be way better (Not a first impression, I had the leak early)

+ he needs to cut out his crooning all together, 6-8 are pretty good beats though

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
The first 2 minutes of Kiosk has some of the worst shyt I've heard in a looong time though I did bust out laughing when he hit those high notes so he gets points for that and the content itself

I'll keep it short and say it in the nicest way possible, Hearing it's going to be 10 tracks and jazz influenced I thought it would be way better (Not a first impression, I had the leak early)

+ he needs to cut out his crooning all together, 6-8 are pretty good beats though

Lowkey that's the point of the intro on Kiosk though, he's rapping from the point of view of a bootsie mall jewelry merchant who knows waaay too much about the inner workings of flossing while being a broke rapper lol. It's meant to sound bootsie because in reality it really is :mjlol:

This is actually one of my favorite beats on the album though tbh, really evokes the mournful & jaded quality of the lyrics. Really is amazing how much drama people are willing to put themselves through just to stunt

CAVEMAN

PyrexPyramid
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans/Bay
Ghoti is so fire. I love the imagery. Homie went back to 96 with that flow. So slick.

"They catching bait with fish..."

Ghoti is a play on how the English language isn't phonetic. Gh could sound like an F, O could sound like an I, and ti could be a sh sound. Fish.
explain more on this? Gh makes sense but I cant think of examples of O sounding like an I, or Ti sounding like a "sh"

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
This shyt is so dope after multiple listens. Hard to say which track is a favorite yet, but the whole album vibes from start to finish. Perfect backyard smoking album for me

He entering the conversation of being in my top 5. Nikkas on here called me crazy for saying lupe got 4+ classics in his catalogue.

He might be a weirdo, but his pen game is flawless. It’s not even fair to lupe to compare him to his competition. He is miles ahead.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
This shyt is so dope after multiple listens. Hard to say which track is a favorite yet, but the whole album vibes from start to finish. Perfect backyard smoking album for me

He entering the conversation of being in my top 5. Nikkas on here called me crazy for saying lupe got 4+ classics in his catalogue.

He might be a weirdo, but his pen game is flawless. It’s not even fair to lupe to compare him to his competition. He is miles ahead.
Lupe has heavily influenced me as a writer/artist to push myself harder when it comes to lyrics and concepts. Gotta be top 10 at the very least

Grand_Verbalizer

All Star
Daps
........ lol. It's meant to sound bootsie because in reality it really is
aaaah so it's wack on purpose like the rest of his singing here, well that's much better.

Anyways I'm not one of those stans that will spam album threads of albums/artists I don't like, I said my peace and honestly went easy on him. Let's leave it that

I prefer positivity, and on that note, Props for being maybe the only poster I've seen mention L*roneous who is so low-key that multiple albums slipped under my radar. I think it was seeing a post of yours that gave me a reminder :cheers:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Feels like the production was inspired by Nujabes. Hell I think the title track sampled a Nujabes track.

Anyways this might be Lupe best sequenced album. Easy quick listen, smooth jazzy production with sick flows and deliveries. It’s amazing how easy he makes it. Lyrically he still one of the goats. It’s going to be fun catching new shyt the more I listen but excellent album. I really could’ve used another minute on NAOMI AND GHOTI. Felt like Nayirah killed her hooks on each track She was on, she has a really nice voice.

Favorites off four listens…

GHOTI
NAOMI
SEATTLE
DMIZ
ON FAUX NEM