‘Luke Cage’ Actor Michael Colter Responds to Fans Criticizing Him for Marrying a White Woman

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Even though he claims he loves his wife for the goodness of her character and her support and while that may just be the case, real life has taught me that 9 times out of 10 the black people who marry out do so because of long internalized feelings of self hate and white worship. I hope him and his family the best but knowing this he definitely looking funny in the light. And I find it funny how the character he portrays has been marketed as the paragon of the black communities struggles and values when he's on some :mjpls: shyt too
Those internalized conflictions are often at the hands of black people and chiefly black women. I seen it.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Nope. Those same grad school chicks are checkin' for Dante, the club promoter, when grad school breh is struggling to get by.

Once grad school breh finally makes it, then she wants to get on.

Then, she wants to call him a c00n for entertaining the women who show him love!

It's as if these women want Black men to put their lives in pause and be readily available when they are ready to have their storybook wedding and house with a picket fence!
Yeah. I see it on Facebook all day.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
I doubt it but whatever. I'll be happy one day when black women stop making a big deal over this shyt. It's annoying, and I hate how pathetic it makes us look.

It is pathetic.

Black women's self-esteem is at an all-time low, despite all the IG fame and bad bytch talk.

If #BlackGirlMagic were a legitimate thing, we wouldn't see Black women losing their minds over the smallest things!

Who one Black male celebrity is married to shouldn't be a commentary on the value of Black women.

Yet, these conversations always end up being a pity party for Black women not being coveted and valued the same way as other women.

If Black women were so confident and #BlackGirlMagic were real, they'd brush that shyt off and keep it moving.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It is pathetic.

Black women's self-esteem is at an all-time low, despite all the IG fame and bad bytch talk.

If #BlackGirlMagic were a legitimate thing, we wouldn't see Black women losing their minds over the smallest things!

Who one Black male celebrity is married to shouldn't be a commentary on the value of Black women.

Yet, these conversations always end up being a pity party for Black women not being coveted and valued the same way as other women.

If Black women were so confident and #BlackGirlMagic were real, they'd brush that shyt off and keep it moving.

I think it's about them feeling thag white women have everything they want and now they are going to take the only thing they have.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
the coli would
We have a small, minute voice compared to the bw who are all up in arms when a black male celeb dates or marries out.

The outrage will cross ALL social media platforms and comment sections.

Black males dont have that rage or is not as loud and consistent as bw when it comes to bw dating and marrying out.

Where was the outrage from black males when Halle, Eve, Paula Patton, Eartha Kitt, Rutina Wesely, Venus and Serena WIlliams, Bria Myles, etc dated or married out?

Hell most of them STILL receives love from black men. Compare that to someone like Heidi Klum. Who was dissed by Trump.

Last edited:

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Nope. Those same grad school chicks are checkin' for Dante, the club promoter, when grad school breh is struggling to get by.

Once grad school breh finally makes it, then she wants to get on.

Then, she wants to call him a c00n for entertaining the women who show him love!

It's as if these women want Black men to put their lives on pause and be readily available when they are ready to have their storybook wedding and house with a picket fence!

This exactly what they want. If you can't handle her at her worst then you don't deserve her at her best but if she's not checking for you when you struggling then you owe it to her to check for her when you get through your struggle and she's in hers :skip: