‘Luke Cage’ Actor Michael Colter Responds to Fans Criticizing Him for Marrying a White Woman

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Luke Cage married a white woman because he wanted a white woman.
Naw Luke Cage married a white woman becuz Brian Michael Bendis (the comic book writer) made him marry a white woman lol

The original Luke Cage wasn't married to a white woman. Jessica Jones was introduced in the 00s and they just shoe stringed them together

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
DevinBooker_MA3.jpg

When the only black people around look like this remember this thread.

fukk this bedbuck. Imma still watch the show

LMFAO. dude looks like a NBA2k character back when they couldn't really get the human likenesses down that well

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I agree with this.

Black women follow white women's lead.

If they see that a white woman values a Black man enough to be his wife, they then assume that he must be valuable. If she's willing to risk her standing among white men to love a Black man, said Black man must be valuable---that's their logic.

If the Black man does indeed turn out to be valuable, the Black woman lashes out, knowing that she missed out on a valuable man.

I hate that I'm agreeing with this.

But let's be real.

Aforementioned black women are more than likely wary of said black man because they've been done dirty by black men in the past.

It's less "Black men ain't shyt" and more "My guard is up" than you're saying.

Once black man turns out to be of quality (which they weren't going to uncover on their own due to their guard being up), hatred is the only response left. They're more angry at their judgment than they are that a brother they don't know married a white woman that they don't know.

To be succinct, this happens to everyone.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Have you heard this nikka speak? :skip:

If nikkas thought Kanye was bad when he was on Kris Jenner's show. This nikka sound white. Hell no black women weren't checking for him.
Yeah, dude is a cornball. This isn't a Nate Parker situation.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
He should have answered just like this," we all know black women love thugs and playas and i was a nice guy to them. Next question :leostare:"

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Have you heard this nikka speak? :skip:

If nikkas thought Kanye was bad when he was on Kris Jenner's show. This nikka sound white. Hell no black women weren't checking for him.

Yeah, dude is a cornball. This isn't a Nate Parker situation.

I just wanna make sure I'm understanding what ya'll are saying here.

You're saying that, in your opinion, a dude who speaks the way Michael Colter speaks, is undesirable for black women (because it's "corny")?

Is that your understanding of black women foreal?

Daps
Reppin
Canada
I just wanna make sure I'm understanding what ya'll are saying here.

You're saying that, in your opinion, a dude who speaks the way Michael Colter speaks, is undesirable for black women (because it's "corny")?

Is that your understanding of black women foreal?

I've been called white condescendingly by black women in the past, I even said "awesome." to a West Indian chick and was laughed at. I'm not great at Toronto slang, which is really a mixture of Jamaican and Canadian English. With that said, I can't speak patois to save my life.

Pawgs/Paags never say shyt though, they don't ask me why don't I speak Jamaican so I get in where I fit in.