Votes: 7 11.3%
  • No

Votes: 55 88.7%

• Total voters

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I’m starting not to believe those African “HIV” numbers they been spouting since this faq disease first appeared..since Africa doesn’t have adequate medical facilities there should be MILLIONS dying from AIDS every year..I haven’t heard about massive AIDS deaths in any African nation

:unimpressed:

Your comment explains a lot about the American public’s reaction to COVID.

Here’s a peer-reviewed scientific paper on how many people have died, for instance, in South Africa of AIDS. Read it if you’re capable:

HIV/AIDS in South Africa: how many people died from the... : AIDS

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
A Coli myth like black people being immune to COVID

Then explain the 35 million people in Africa who’ve been infected in Africa. The vast majority of whom contracted HIV through heterosexual sex…
It's not a myth, it's a fact.

A meta-analysis of 10 studies exploring the risk of transmission through vaginal sex was published in 2009.4 It is estimated the risk of HIV transmission through receptive vaginal sex (receiving the penis in the vagina) to be 0.08% (equivalent to 1 transmission per 1,250 exposures).

A meta-analysis of three studies exploring the risk from insertive vaginal sex (inserting the penis into the vagina) was estimated to be 0.04% (equivalent to 1 transmission per 2,500 exposures).

Having sex with a high risk woman - for instance a prostitute who may have other STDs - increases the risk of penis-in-vagina sex. But the overall, normative risk is very low. Especially when compared to penis-in-anus sex.

The fact that HIV rates for circumcision are so high in sub-Saharan Africa tells us everything we need to know IMO. Poor health and medical practices, contact/exposure to blood, etc. And let's be reality on the sex front: there is risky sexual behavior there with respect to men who have sex with women and other men. Same thing happens in the US and drives HIV rates, we just have lower levels. Wherever you go, when you look at sexual HIV/AIDS rates it boils down to men giving it to women. I'm not saying you "can't" possibly get it from women. It's a 2-3 times higher risk for anal sex....

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It's not a myth, it's a fact.

A meta-analysis of 10 studies exploring the risk of transmission through vaginal sex was published in 2009.4 It is estimated the risk of HIV transmission through receptive vaginal sex (receiving the penis in the vagina) to be 0.08% (equivalent to 1 transmission per 1,250 exposures).

A meta-analysis of three studies exploring the risk from insertive vaginal sex (inserting the penis into the vagina) was estimated to be 0.04% (equivalent to 1 transmission per 2,500 exposures).

Having sex with a high risk woman - for instance a prostitute who may have other STDs - increases the risk of penis-in-vagina sex. But the overall, normative risk is very low. Especially when compared to penis-in-anus sex.

The fact that HIV rates for circumcision are so high in sub-Saharan Africa tells us everything we need to know IMO. Poor health and medical practices, contact/exposure to blood, etc. And let's be reality on the sex front: there is risky sexual behavior there with respect to men who have sex with women and other men. Same thing happens in the US and drives HIV rates, we just have lower levels. Wherever you go, when you look at sexual HIV/AIDS rates it boils down to men giving it to women. I'm not saying you "can't" possibly get it from women. It's a 2-3 times higher risk for anal sex....

Your claim was that penis-vagina transmission of HIV was, in your words, “exceptionally rare”. HIV demographics in sub-Saharan Africa prove that not to be the case.

It’s not “exceptionally rare”. It’s just less risky for transmission compared to anal sex. Language matters. TLR is full of impressionable fools who will read your statement and won’t wrap it up.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Your claim was that penis-vagina transmission of HIV was, in your words, “exceptionally rare”. HIV demographics in sub-Saharan Africa prove that not to be the case.

It’s not “exceptionally rare”. It’s just less risky for transmission compared to anal sex. Language matters. TLR is full of impressionable fools who will read your statement and won’t wrap it up.

I would call 1 out of 1000 rare. If you want to knock me for "exceptionally" fine, I'll take that off my statement and stick to rare. Because it's a fact.

In no way would I tell people not to use condoms. There are worse things than HIV/AIDS, especially if you live in the US and have decent money/healthcare. But there is no real medication solution for genital herpes, or the "super" gonorrhea that's immune to antibiotics. If you get that shyt your life is fukked, whereas you can live a relatively normal life with HIV/AIDS now due to medication.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I would call 1 out of 1000 rare. If you want to knock me for "exceptionally" fine, I'll take that off my statement and stick to rare. Because it's a fact.

In no way would I tell people not to use condoms. There are worse things than HIV/AIDS, especially if you live in the US and have decent money/healthcare. But there is no real medication solution for genital herpes, or the "super" gonorrhea that's immune to antibiotics. If you get that shyt your life is fukked, whereas you can live a relatively normal life with HIV/AIDS now due to medication.
Cut the bull shyt. Would you willingly have unprotected sex with an HIV positive woman. Yes or no ?

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's
Why do people get on forums and type out long ass made up shyt :mjlol: I use to work in the medical field as a lab tech ,this happens all the time but this….is cap

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
A Coli myth like black people being immune to COVID

Then explain the 35 million people in Africa who’ve been infected in Africa. The vast majority of whom contracted HIV through heterosexual sex…

It's not a myth when it's backed by science and numbers. You can't just throw out African numbers as some sort of gotcha and not explain why things are the way they are. If it's such a myth, why aren't those insane numbers represented anywhere else in the world?

You mention Hetero Sex, but what happens when something like Dry Sex is practiced (where the vagina is intentionally dried out)? Something you definitely won't find here, but is popular in some parts of Africa. Some of these countries, like Botswana, have large numbers of teen girls preyed on by grown adults, leading to them outnumbering positive teen boys 2-to-1. You have extreme poverty, and poor health care, but you will also find social practices that lead to higher HIV rates. Even something as simple as long-term concurrent partners being the norm can jack up the positivity rate in a country.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
I don't give a damn where the info comes from
Warn a Brotha :picard:
nikka could have face first in some Aidsy p*ssy
Not aidsy pusse....only on the coli

But she should've told the man sooner...actually right before they kissed but especially afterward since they were in the making out phase. Shyt can happen so quick so she should've disclosed that and it shouldn't have gotten to this point.

Her sister should've just pressed her to tell but it should've been disclosed way before

Daps
Reppin
St louis
The Sista did the right thing.
The Un-Wedables ya'll.
gJiHJ9D.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Cut the bull shyt. Would you willingly have unprotected sex with an HIV positive woman. Yes or no ?

I don't think you understand the point here. If I had unprotected sex with an HIV positive woman, I more than likely would not get HIV. That's just a fact. Does that mean I want to fukk HIV women raw? No. The point is that THIS is not what's driving HIV in the US. It's being driven by men having sex with men - who then have sex with women.

tater

Superstar
Daps

Are you saying herpes and gonorrhea are worse than AIDS/HIV?

Come on man lol

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Are you saying herpes and gonorrhea are worse than AIDS/HIV?

Come on man lol
I'd rather have HIV than GENITAL herpes or SUPER gonorrhea. At least with HIV you're taking medicine and are good. Magic Johnson has as much HIV in his blood stream as we do: zero. With genital herpes the medication options are limited and you're gonna go weeks or months where you're breaking out. Or depending on how bad it is, maybe you just have it present forever. And with super gonorrhea you basically have that shyt for months (or forever) since it's immune to antibiotics. Both those things sound worse to me breh.