Lowkey, the Arkham series didn't live up to it's potential.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
The 1 Game They Took A Risk On People Rioted Over lol Y’all Wonder Why The Developers Try To Keep You Happy With Familiarity

No One bytched Till The Batmobile Came Into Play And Before That All People Said Was “When Are We Gonna Get To Use The Batmobile” lol
How is their poor implementation on the fans? :gucci:

Gee Mello

Pro
Daps
Since someone brought up McGinnis, I'm thinking that IF Warner Bros and Rocksteady wanted to... there's still enough material for Batman where they could throw a remake of AK and make it a true successor to AC where Joker is still alive and reboot the series. They can still include the Batmobile/ Batwing, etc without enforcing the missions to the game. There's a fan somewhere working to do exactly that.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
You're right...but OP is still valid.

Games got worse with each release :manny:
Yeah, but none of them were "bad" games. I even enjoyed Origins quite a bit.

Arkham Knight was a little underwhelming considering how long it took to really play with the batmobile, but it was still a solid game.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Disagree mostly...

I agree they should've found a way to cameo some of the Justice League... that would've been :banderas:.
And the lack of boss battles in Arkham Knight was... unjust.

But otherwise I loved those shyts.
I didn't mind the batmobile.

Daps
Arkham Asylum was still the best in the series, the more linear nature actually works for that series don't @ me

I think Origins is the best in the series. Best combat and story. But to answer the OP, Arkham has the best combat in an open world fighter. If you look at how many games have copied its combat, you can see that there's clearly something being done right by the series. Mad Max, Shadow of Mordor/War, Assassin's Creed, etc.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Arkham asylum is pretty much flawless aside from the final boss.

It's a 10/10.

Taking it open world ruined the series. It added absolutely nothing. Just a big empty world full of boring mission design and time padding.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Couldn't even finish that missions because of the bat tank missions

And the batmobile was horrible :hhh:

Do your self a favor and stay away from Arkham Knight

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
The 1 Game They Took A Risk On People Rioted Over lol Y’all Wonder Why The Developers Try To Keep You Happy With Familiarity

No One bytched Till The Batmobile Came Into Play And Before That All People Said Was “When Are We Gonna Get To Use The Batmobile” lol

Let Be Real Though This Series Has Set The Bar For Super Hero Games
My point is; they didn't take a chance with something we wouldn't expect

Crying fans have wanted a bunch of bad things...they don't have the best basis for "wanting"

For example; Mass Effect fans are the reason they went with a story that was totally disconnected with the trilogy when they obviously didn't have new ideas instead of a prequel based on all the lore