Lowkey, the Arkham series didn't live up to it's potential.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Still waiting on them to release origins on new consoles, til then I'm gonna hold off on arkham knight

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
I would argue less the series disappointing and more so arkham knight failing

Arkham Knight is a bad game point blank period. Heinously boring.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Only one you can really knock is AK.
AA was good and AC had the most replay value with the extra characters and challenge maps.
I knock Origins too. That shyt was boring as fukk, twenty steps back from City.

Gee Mello

Pro
Daps
Those nightmare parts in the OG were my favorite in the whole series. I was blown away at that time because I believe that was 2008.

That was an incredible year in gaming

I agree, I've never seen a game based on comic characters take such an approach to gameplay, story and creativity. The Killer Croc sequence was top notch as well in AA...the applause scene where you're about to fight Joker, all of the little things like updated character art and bios for all of them. Arkham Asylum is certainly a classic game that changed the way games were made and raised expectations from there on. Arkham City...between Catwoman, the Mr. Freeze fight along with the riddlers challenges from the original game were all repeating the standard set from AA.

Last edited:

darryl

Superstar
Daps
I agree, I've never seen a game based on comic characters take such an approach to gameplay, story and creativity. The Killer Croc sequence was top notch as well in AA...the applause scene where you're about to fight Joker, all of the little things like updated character art and bios for all of them. Arkham Asylum is certainly a classic game that changed the way games were made and raised expectations from there on. Arkham Asylum...between Catwoman, the Mr. Freeze fight along with the riddlers challenges from the original game were all repeating the standard set from AA.
Yea I agree man. AA really was ahead of its time. Hard to believe that game came out in 2009

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The 1 Game They Took A Risk On People Rioted Over lol Y’all Wonder Why The Developers Try To Keep You Happy With Familiarity

No One bytched Till The Batmobile Came Into Play And Before That All People Said Was “When Are We Gonna Get To Use The Batmobile” lol

Let Be Real Though This Series Has Set The Bar For Super Hero Games

Gee Mello

Pro
Daps
The 1 Game They Took A Risk On People Rioted Over lol Y’all Wonder Why The Developers Try To Keep You Happy With Familiarity

No One bytched Till The Batmobile Came Into Play And Before That All People Said Was “When Are We Gonna Get To Use The Batmobile” lol

I hear you, but controlling that thing was horrible, they force fed the batmobile portions to you and you simply could not progress. Had the feel and movement of the batmobile been better then AK would have it's place next to last gen games. Honestly they could've left the batmobile out and everthing else would be fine.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

Arkham Origins had problems too. It was and still is a bugfest. Warner Bros said that they had no plans to fix it. But buy our new dlc. It also had input lag in combat. It is not a bad game but could've been better.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
The first fukk up was the 3 stage boss fights...as classic as it was....they reminded me why I hated the formula. To that, it was also their biggest delivery, The Mr. Freeze fight is still the best boss fight in all incarnations of the game. Unfortunately, it was also their biggest downfall, the Arkham Knight fight/predator room was so lame, especially for a final showdown.

- Using the Joker as boss...a really bad boss. This was just a huge mistake to begin with, we don't need Monstro-Joker to tie everything up. You can just have Bruce come in and cut scene that bad boy...I would be okay with that.

Then there's Arkham Knight; Tank Simulator. While yes, we all screamed for the Batmobile, no one wanted it to be the Batmobiles game, wherein you took on hordes of tanks...they even used it for the Riddler puzzles :snoop:. Incorporating bosses into Batmobile fights was also a huge mistake. The Deathstroke "fight" was probably the biggest slap in the face to fans. Everything else about the game was fine, but the narrative was a huge let down. They could've done more with Azrael instead it was lose-lose scenario (why even present it in the first case?) and the 100% endings wasn't worth the struggle.

Honestly, if they had teased at Terry McGinnis, they might've had something.

Thoughtspeak

Joke ting blood
Daps
Reppin
London under protest
Arkham made superhero games good again. It literally rebirthed a genre that still hasn't matched it's lows never mind it's heights.

There is always room for improvement but what it did do was dope.

And fukk the haters. The batmobile was lit.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
i didnt ask for no empty ass city full of goons. i wanted to be the motherfukking batman:francis:

imagine you had a game where you spent the day smashing thots as bruce wayne then at night you cracked skulls and thwarted the plans of these p*ssy ass villains

like persona but for real nikkas