Lowkey: Game Cube was a fun ass system

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I remember when the 3 systems came out, everybody got a PS2 or a Xbox. My parents bought me the Wii. And everybody at school laughed at me :mjcry:

I grew to appreciate it later on. Had some great games. Including the GOAT

Lmbox.jpg

:ohlawd:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, the Cube was a great machine. It had the GOAT Super Smash bros Melee, not to mention other classics like Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, Tales of Symphonia, Paper Mario 2, F-Zero GX, Soul Calibur 2, and Viewtiful Joe. Wind Waker was also pretty decent.

Mario Sunshine felt pretty rushed and could have been much better though. It had too few levels, a disappointing final level and boss, blue coin hunting was tedious, and they also gutted Mario's moveset (no long jumps, punches or kicks, and you couldn't even crouch!). Sunshine wasn't horrible, and I respect it for trying something new with the locale and the new characters, but it could have been worked on a bit more.

Daps
The gamecube is my favourite system... the only time I could play a game like Def Jam FFNY and Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess on the same system.

I still have mine and still play it from time to time, in 2014 I bought Metal gear Solid Twin Snakes, Killer 7 and Paper mario Thousand year door.

I skipped the Wii because of the Gamecube I expected higher standards from nintendo, my logic was that I had a system that is just as powerful ( or at least you wouldn't be able to tell) so why do I need to move on?

I got a Wii U to play some of the top rated Wii games though eventually.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Nothing low key about it at all. It had some great games

Zelda twilight princess
Zelda wind waker
Mario party
Metroid prime
Smash bros
Paper Mario
Resident evil 4
Eternal Darkness
Viewtiful Joe
Luigi's Mansion
Custom Robo
Soul Calibur
Bloody Roar
Mario Kart
Metal Gear Solid

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Gamecube had 3 of my top 10 games of all time.

Resident evil 1
Resident evil 4
Eternal darkness.

Wavebird was the fukking goat and brought wireless controllers that worked flawlessly to the market.

I dont think people really remember the impact wavebird had. Everybody was bugging out when i got that controller.

Super monkey ball and luigis mansion kept me well fed on launch day. I loved that fukking system. Got so much burn.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I remember when the 3 systems came out, everybody got a PS2 or a Xbox. My parents bought me the Wii. And everybody at school laughed at me :mjcry:

I grew to appreciate it later on. Had some great games. Including the GOAT

Lmbox.jpg

:ohlawd:
I loved when you hit a button he called for mario and if he was scared his voice change and crack. Its thenlittle things that make nintendo, nintendo.

Malcolm Joseph

Microphone Checka
Daps
Reppin
Chi
My goodness the GC was fire. I had a PS2 but, having 4-player support right out the box made my GC more memorable seeing as cousins and friends used to stay over on weekends.

-Melee is the best fighting game I have ever played. Period.
-Phantasy Star was fukking bliss as a young nerd in the ghetto
-Four swords adventures
-Animal Crossing
-Custom Robo
-Tales of Symphonia surprised the shyt out of me with its substance
-Double Dash
-Met Prime
-Viewtiful Joe
-RE:4

wrestlemania_xix_6.jpg

^This shyt here, is a underground hit - I can admit HCTP is the best wrestling game I've played, Mania XIX is the most fun.

I loved this joint. :mjcry:

Malcolm Joseph

Microphone Checka
Daps
Reppin
Chi
The gamecube is my favourite system... the only time I could play a game like Def Jam FFNY and Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess on the same system.

I still have mine and still play it from time to time, in 2014 I bought Metal gear Solid Twin Snakes, Killer 7 and Paper mario Thousand year door.

I skipped the Wii because of the Gamecube I expected higher standards from nintendo, my logic was that I had a system that is just as powerful ( or at least you wouldn't be able to tell) so why do I need to move on?

I got a Wii U to play some of the top rated Wii games though eventually.

GC was scary flexible because of having much better 3rd Party Support and even more Nintendo-only star power. A full version Madden'04, RE:4, Soul Calibur 11, Twin Snakes and some shyt like Skies of Arcadia all on the same Gamestop console rack at some point. :whew:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Nahhhh that controller was trash. I clearly remember having to press two buttons to do simple things in a lot of the multi plats games because the controller lack enough buttons. The trigger, c stick (straight ass for fps), the z button, the d pad were all trash. There only games playable with the GameCube controller were Nintendo made games.

You crazy. Gamecube controller is the most comfortable controller ever made in history. Why the hell do you think they still selling them over 10 years later?