Low-key...Miami sucks and is overrated

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
my homegirl from Kentucky likes that place and also likes peniscola or w/e it’s called
Pensacola*
:dame:

Yeah, Pensacola has some beautiful neighborhoods that sit on these high bluffs and hills that overlook the Escambia Bay. But Pensacola is way up there at the Northwest tip of Florida. It’s so far up there, that Pensacola is in the central time zone while the rest of Florida is in the eastern time zone.

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
I’m fully convinced now

37-E30-AB1-2-D5-A-422-E-8-E98-46-F9-C54-EAA0-A.png

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Pensacola*
:dame:

Yeah, Pensacola has some beautiful neighborhoods that sit on these high bluffs and hills that overlook the Escambia Bay. But Pensacola is way up there at the Northwest tip of Florida. It’s so far up there, that Pensacola is in the central time zone while the rest of Florida is in the eastern time zone.

:laff:

I didn’t catch that pause B

invalid

Banned
Daps
Wayment, I thought I was the knowitall.

You haven't been introduced to me. :mjgrin:

Sarasota has an upscale black crowd? Wealthy black retirees or snowbirds from Martha’s Vinyard? And a black arts scene? I would’ve never known. :dahell:

Yep. Vineyarders are either buying second summer homes in Sarasota or are selling their summer homes on the Vineyard for Sarasota all together. It's become the new black elite hotspot.

My aunt and uncle had a cottage in Vineyard Haven. We just went there a year ago to spread their ashes (they died about a few weeks apart) but their son and grandkids didn’t want the place, opting for another house they had in Sarasota. They sold it and living off the fat of the lamb.:wow:

They already had long money though so it ain’t really make much of a dent.

This is just an excerpt of the link that Banneker dropped.. It's a longer read..

BBP_1523_fnp4lo.jpg

THE NEW MIGRATION

A New Wave of Prominent African-American Retirees is Enriching and Changing Our City.

A welcome wave of African-American retirees is making its mark on our city.

By Susan Burns Photography by Barbara Banks 4/29/2016 at 3:55pm Published in the May 2016 issue of Sarasota Magazine

On a chilly Saturday night last February, the valets at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota were scurrying around as usual, parking the long line of shiny Lexuses, Mercedes and BMWs lined up for yet another black-tie gala. What wasn’t so usual was the crowd. More than 500 guests were arriving for the inaugural fund raiser for the Sarasota chapter of the black fraternity Gamma Xi Boule, and about half of them were African-American. That’s an unfamiliar sight in Sarasota County, where 5 percent of the population is black (the national average is 13 percent) and only a smattering of African-Americans appears at most high-profile events. But it wasn’t just the range of skin colors that felt novel. Many of the African-Americans in the ballroom were recent newcomers, part of an influx of retired black professionals who are beginning to make a mark on their new hometown.

Black professionals are not new to Sarasota, of course. There have been black teachers, doctors, attorneys and business people here for generations. Many of them were born and raised here, and they retire here as well. But the new arrivals have increased black professionals’ numbers and visibility. “It’s a definite critical mass,” says Eleanor Merritt-Darlington, 82, an African-American artist from New York who has lived in Sarasota since 1982. “I’m glad to see it happening, and I’m really pleased to see Sarasota grow up.”

The newcomers include college professors and administrators, doctors, corporate executives, ambassadors, politicians and journalists. They’ve lived in major cities, mainly in the North and Midwest, and enjoyed impressive careers that have taken them all over the country and world. They come with wealth, talent, experience and connections.

Among their ranks are Emmy- and Peabody Award-winning journalist Charlayne Hunter-Gault and her husband, Ronald, a retired banker; James A. Joseph, former ambassador to South Africa and his wife, Emmy Award-winning television journalist Mary Braxton-Joseph; former Detroit Mayor Dennis Archer and his wife, retired Michigan District Court Judge Trudy DunCombe Archer; Donald Reaves, a director of Amica Mutual Insurance and formerly the CFO of Brown University and the University of Chicago; Robert Wood, a past CEO of Chemtura (formerly Dow) Corporation and now a board member of the U.S. Olympic Committee; and retired Harvard Business School professor James Cash Jr., who has had board positions with Microsoft and Wal-Mart and is a member of the Boston Celtics ownership group.

Why are they coming? Most say that’s simple: It’s for the same reasons other successful people retire to Sarasota.

“It was the perfect mix of everything we were looking for,” says Michelle Davis, 57, who moved to Sarasota from New Jersey five years ago with her husband, ABC executive Preston Davis—the first black divisional president in the ABC network. (He died in 2013.) “It had direct flights to Newark at the time, an excellent hospital system, close proximity to the beach, good restaurants, arts and theaters. The icing on the cake was no state income tax.”

Greg McDaniel, 64, who retired as president of Chemtura AgroSolutions, moved here in 2011 with his wife, Hannah, who was the director of fund development for the Indianapolis Neighborhood Housing Partnership. They had considered Charleston, Savannah and Hilton Head, but St. Armands Circle reminded him a bit of southern France, where his work often took him. “But it was more affordable here,” he says. “And Sarasota had the arts, jazz and civic activities. It’s a small town with big-city attributes.”

And McDaniel found one more asset. “I caught the bug to get involved in civic affairs again after being so involved in my corporate career,” he says. Active in the local Boule chapter and its scholarship program, McDaniel says, “Sarasota is a city where you can make a difference.”

Reaves, the university CFO, and his wife moved here from Vero Beach last year. “Being African-American, there was a big cultural void there,” he says. “[In Sarasota], there’s a welcoming atmosphere for African-Americans. We’ve lived all over—Boston, Chicago, North Carolina. This is the best move we’ve ever made.”

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
when the hell did I say this?

my joking response doesn’t even imply that

I said all you need is one bad bytch in response to the idea of a city having the most. To which you said that was a dumb retort.

A city of 1 million dimes doesn’t mean much since you can only be with one and even if you juggle a bunch at once, it’s still a drop in the bucket compared to the ones you will never smash.

U could love in bumfukk Oklahoma, but if you got a bad bytch what difference does it make.