Love Don't Live Here Anymore: The Official 2014-15 Minnesota Timberwolves Thread

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kevin Martin scoring 20+ pts on 48 FG%, 48 3pt% in just 30 mins a night

Why ya'll hate him so much?

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin

Can't consistently create his own shot, injury prone as fukk, overpaid. Inconsistent veteran leadership at best on a young team that sorely needs it.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

I don't hate Martin. I just don't want him in a role that requires him to be an alpha dog scorer. I hate his contract, but is it really hurting us yet? Not really.

Too many nights where he'll start like crazy shooting the ball and then is nonexistent late in games.

Bazz seems to be the only guy on the team that isn't dependent on Ricky for his production. Bazz is earning these minutes by doing the shyt no one else seems to do. If he continues to learn how to pass and stay with his man, he'll be fine and I wouldn't mind him starting in the meantime

Gregg PopaBitch

A new testament in basketball
Daps
Reppin
RTT
cropped-rTT-Banner_Leaderboard-728x90-B.jpg

Zach LaVine hopes to continue UCLA Bruin success in the NBA

The Seattle SuperSonics took a gamble by using their 4th pick in the 2008 NBA Draft on an athletic point guard out of UCLA named Russell Westbrook. The risk of pairing he and Kevin Durant was well worth the risk.

The Minnesota Timberwolves are hoping for similar results after joining Zach LaVine with the 2014 number one overall draft pick Andrew Wiggins.

LaVine shocked basketball analysts when he declared early for the draft after a mediocre freshman year at UCLA, which included being benched during the final part of the season.

But LaVine’s draft stock quickly rose after displaying uncanny athleticism at the combine.
The Los Angeles Lakers were amongst teams considering selecting him with their top-ten selection after a remarkable workout.

LaVine is averaging six points a game while getting acclimated to the NBA.

“It’s a learning process, no question. It’s a learning process with Zach,” coach Flip Saunders said. “He made some mistakes. He made some plays. We just have to keep on working with him.”

But recent history is in the T’Wolves favor. UCLA Bruins like Kevin Love, Trevor Ariza, Jrue Holiday, Arron Afflalo, Darren Collison, and Jordan Farmar have all had major impacts in the NBA.

But LaVine must learn to be effective without simply relying on his athleticism.
Playing alongside Wiggins, as Westbrook with Durant, should relieve him of any immediate pressure to produce, and give him time to develop into another heralded UCLA Bruin NBA player.