Lou Will says Sacramento is trash. What's wrong with Sac town?

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
No my desert comment was about Phoenix, which I haven't been to, and Vegas, which I have been to and is overrated...

I've been to Dallas multiple times, including this past summer. It's a larger city than Sac but much more sprawled and suburban. I also don't like Texas weather, or Texas culture. You nikkas are not the wave 🤣...
I ain’t a Texan I just moved here just like the rest of California :skip:

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This is the kina guy you don't listen to. He'd rather live in Victorville or Redding than Sacramento. The hyperbole with you dudes is insane...

There is nothing Midwestern about Sacramento. Some of you sound like you've never been to the Midwest. There is nothing about Sac that looks or feels like the Midwest and its a far more appealing city than wack ass KC...

That's the thing though, it's only a handful of NBA cities that people hype up. Outside of those same 8 or 9 cities Sac shots on the rest...

I truly believe the fact that I've traveled the country and am from California gives me an objective perspective on California Cities that other Californians don't have...

Man ain't nobody saying this shyt no more unless they really from The Bay. Ain't nobody really from Sac would rather be from The Bay...

The Bay is so fukking overrated...

Guys, here's another nikka you dont listen to. He lives in Elk Grove and self-admittedly doesnt get out much, youre talking to a recluse who isnt even in tune with the city like that...

Just like Sac, Charlotte is better than The Bay too...

By the way, where in The Bay are you from again bruh? Its always wild to me to hear you gas ACTUAL SUBURBS in The Bay which is sprawled like a mf...

Everywhere that isn't Frisco is a suburb, some with some decent urbanism but virtually all are sprawled out...

Sac has both LA and Bay type gangs...

Crips been in Sacramento since 1979, Bloods since 1980, and Bloods and Crips are a California thing, 70s era. There are actuve black Bloods and Crips turfs in The Bay roght now, in San Francisco right now, etc...

Sac has its own unique culture but its definitely got a lot of crossover culture from The Bay. There are no LA or Bay gangs in Sacramento, every set in th3 city is a Sacramento hood..
Neg pending for this amount of cap and caping.

fukk Sacramento and fukk you.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Sac ugly as fukk.. I take the train(zephyr) to Oakland couple times a yr from RENO..

There a stop in SAC. U leave Reno go all throughout the Sierra Nevada .. then after the mtns it's ugly ass central valley.. till the bay

Ltta Asians go to sac from Reno for Asian markets

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Sacramento got zero bytches :mjlol:

It’s the equivalent to going to Rochester NY :mjlol:
Don’t sleep on upstate :hubie:
Sacramento would be the biggest city or second biggest city in any other state besides Cali, Florida, and Texas. It's in Cali so mf's underrated how strong of a city it is, I'm never gonna let these bullshyt narratives pass. If Sacramento was in NC or Wisconsin or Massachusetts or New Mexico or any of the 47 states that's not the three I mentioned, it would get front page access. Imagine thinking somewhere like Kansas City is more popping than Sac---->KC is a Midwest city and the 2nd biggest city in its state, it would be an afterthought if it were in California...

Somewhere like New Orleans would be less prominent if it wasn't the biggest city in a backwoods rural state, it wouldn't register in California...

I'm not letting this bullshyt fly 🤣
Nah, bro you bugging with that New Orleans comment.

New Orleans is a goated city if anything it being in a backwoods rural state prevents it from being one of the best cities in the world.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
My boy, my best friend, is from the bay. He says Sac is wack and not worth visiting. I have no intentions of ever visiting lol. He agrees with Lou Will.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
meh getting paid millions of dollars a big house and amenities

buffalo is one of the WOAT cities to me but besides willis mcgahee most bills players love it there, jim kelly, thurman thomas still live in buffalo
i heard the wealthy parts feel like wisconsin levels 'cism. any truth to that?

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Off top, before I even read this thread...

Lou Will spent his first 11 years of his life in Memphis. I lived in Memphis my 8th grade year and have been many times...

Sacramento shyts on Memphis in almost every measurable way. Nobody from Memphis can say anything bad about Sacramento, fukk outta here 🤣...

He moved to Atlanta when he was 11 but lived in Gwinnett, I used to live there too...

Objectively Atlanta is a more popping city than Sacramento. As a guy who has lived there though, the pretentiousness and fake balling got old to me quick, as well as the Georgia weather and behind doors racism, white folk in Metro Atlanta are definitely closet racists in general...

But yes if you're more inclined to a larger nightlife and entertainment destination, you may enjoy Atlanta more. The problem with these "shyt on Sac" threads is the portrayal is that there is no entertainment or nightlife or culture in Sacramento, which is also an objective lie...

Look at the NBA cities he's played in

ATL, Philly, Toronto, LA (2x), Houston

He's literally only played in places with nukka shyt going on.

Also he might have spent the first 11 years of his life in Memphis but he came of age in ATL during the crunk era. Jermaine Dupri was at his high school games and shyt.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Don’t sleep on upstate :hubie:

Nah, bro you bugging with that New Orleans comment.

New Orleans is a goated city if anything it being in a backwoods rural state prevents it from being one of the best cities in the world.
Never been to New Orleans so I won't say anything first person...

But this is an easy call from an outsider's perspective...

Nola's claim to fame is its unique local culture that is a combination of cuisine, dialect, and entertainment (festivals, nightlife, and the like)...

One thing that traveling this country has taught me, is that every city with any reasonable size has some unique flavor, and even many small cities, towns, and places have unique local customs. New Orleans rise to prominence was as one of the biggest cities of the 19th century, and one of the earliest immigration destinations of the early colonized US...

It is a legacy city, all cities that were popular pre-1900 have a level of branding that comes from their early relevance in history that cities that rose later don't have...

Without ever having been to NO, I doubt I'd view as "the" most unique city I've seen because I don't think there is a "the" most unique place. Everywhere is unique abs special to its location and entertainment, local food traditions and regional dialect aren't unique in and of themselves, these things vary everywhere...

New Orleans is not really a "big city" by any objective metric but is the biggest city in its state---->it's also the biggest city going east until you reach Atlanta, and the biggest city going north until you hit St Louis. Going west you run into the influence of the big Texas cities pretty quickly, but just think of the impact being the largest city for multiple states around, going north and east, has on the perception of New Orleans as a place...

It wouldn't have this advantage in California or most other states, and you wanna know an indicator that I'm right about this? Mardi Gras is a European holiday, and it's origin as a celebration domestically was in the significantly smaller Mobile, Alabama...

But whose Mardi Gras do you hear get front page news annually, generation after generation? It ain't the European ones nor the Mobile one...

New Orleans is a big fish in a small pond. I dont think it would be irrelevant in a state with larger cities, but that big fish in a small pond helps its branding tremendously and always has. Because on its own, nightlife and entertainment and regional speech and regional food isn't something New Orleans has the market cornered on...

I'm not a fan of San Francisco because of the willful erasure of black history in that city, among other things, but it's a substantially bigger city than Nola with all the ingredients people laud Nola for...

And while Sacramento doesn't have the branding or historical impact New Orleans has, it has those ingredients as well. nikkas not knowing about Sacramento's culture is one thing, but it certainly exists and if Sacramento were in Louisiana it's brand would be larger period...
My boy, my best friend, is from the bay. He says Sac is wack and not worth visiting. I have no intentions of ever visiting lol. He agrees with Lou Will.
🤣 both he and Lou Will are wrong...

Your boy is from The Bay. Yall don't understand it even though I've said it for years because yall not from out here; but Coastal Californians are the worst people to base your opinion of Sacramento from. These people are from the largest, most people-diverse, most ecologically diverse state in North America. These mf's are spoiled and don't realize it, the spoils of growing up in Coastal California...

Sac draws strong opinions on here but I've yet to meet any native eastern era or southerner in real life, who has been to Sac, who calls it "wack". Never seen it, keep in mind I've lived and been all up and down the east Coast. I'm 34, over the years I've met a decent number of people who have been to Sac for one reason or other...

I've met eastern/southern people who "prefer" other Cali cities, hell it's no secret that I prefer LA myself. But in my real actual life, I'm a well-traveled man, domestically anyway, I have not met ONE person who called Sacramento "wack" upon actually visiting themselves, and the vast majority thoroughly enjoyed themselves...

I wouldn't dar take the word of a transplanted Coastal Californian...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Look at the NBA cities he's played in

ATL, Philly, Toronto, LA (2x), Houston

He's literally only played in places with nukka shyt going on.

Also he might have spent the first 11 years of his life in Memphis but he came of age in ATL during the crunk era. Jermaine Dupri was at his high school games and shyt.
You're right and that's really all that has to be said. His perspective is colored from playing in cities all larger and busier than Sac...

The reality is most cities, not just NBA cities, most US cities are not bigger, more urban, or more lively and energetic than Sac...

So if your background is from mostly spending your life somewhere like that, Sac can be a downgrade, it's understandable. Though even that meets hyperbole on here, because Bay and LA transplants have been coming here for years and in real life many of them love it in Sacramento...