Lou Will says Sacramento is trash. What's wrong with Sac town?

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Sac is a midwesternish city located in Cali, with Cali weather, an hour drive to the bay and an hour flight to LA/Vegas. It’s a cool city to be in if you don’t care about poppin nightlife. Btw y’all have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the women :mjlol:

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Never been but a lot of folks I've met from the Bay are adamant about not claiming Sactown lol....
With that said you gotta take in context this LouWill, the average player just tryna chill, stay healthy and work towards the next contract besides AS wknd they not really partying like that during the season...But yeahh when your getting paid millions and got connections you'll make it work..Plus the Kings got a dope bball environment and the team has had plenty of players who have stayed even during the shxtty years..It was always a matter of when they where gonna get it back together..

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I'm originally from Fresno, and the whole Central Valley of California-- Bakersfield, Fresno, Stockton, Sacramento-- gets trashed for decades. Theses are inland big cities that are more Midwest like in nature are a big contrast to the heavyweights along the coast -LA, The Bay Area, San Diego, etc. These cities hugging the Pacific ocean have the weather, beaches, tourism, industry, fortune 500 companies, pro sports teams, etc. The Central Valley isn't on television and not in movies like their more popular big brothers & sisters along the coast. They're the b*stard stepchilden of the state. But low key the CV cities are growing like crazy theses days as a lot of people can't afford The Bay & LA anymore. If they're not moving to Texas, Phoenix, or the south, they're moving to Bakersfield, Fresno, and Sac.

Bakersfield and Fresno are trash cities and dumb MAGA lands. Clovis is nice though.

Honestly Sacramento is very nice if you wanna live a laid back type of lifestyle in the suburbs

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Sac is a midwesternish city located in Cali, with Cali weather, an hour drive to the bay and an hour flight to LA/Vegas. It’s a cool city to be in if you don’t care about poppin nightlife. Btw y’all have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the women :mjlol:

I know right. Sacramento is full of beautiful women. Even Bakersfield has gems

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Never been to New Orleans so I won't say anything first person...

But this is an easy call from an outsider's perspective...

Nola's claim to fame is its unique local culture that is a combination of cuisine, dialect, and entertainment (festivals, nightlife, and the like)...

One thing that traveling this country has taught me, is that every city with any reasonable size has some unique flavor, and even many small cities, towns, and places have unique local customs. New Orleans rise to prominence was as one of the biggest cities of the 19th century, and one of the earliest immigration destinations of the early colonized US...

It is a legacy city, all cities that were popular pre-1900 have a level of branding that comes from their early relevance in history that cities that rose later don't have...

Without ever having been to NO, I doubt I'd view as "the" most unique city I've seen because I don't think there is a "the" most unique place. Everywhere is unique abs special to its location and entertainment, local food traditions and regional dialect aren't unique in and of themselves, these things vary everywhere...

New Orleans is not really a "big city" by any objective metric but is the biggest city in its state---->it's also the biggest city going east until you reach Atlanta, and the biggest city going north until you hit St Louis. Going west you run into the influence of the big Texas cities pretty quickly, but just think of the impact being the largest city for multiple states around, going north and east, has on the perception of New Orleans as a place...

It wouldn't have this advantage in California or most other states, and you wanna know an indicator that I'm right about this? Mardi Gras is a European holiday, and it's origin as a celebration domestically was in the significantly smaller Mobile, Alabama...

But whose Mardi Gras do you hear get front page news annually, generation after generation? It ain't the European ones nor the Mobile one...

New Orleans is a big fish in a small pond. I dont think it would be irrelevant in a state with larger cities, but that big fish in a small pond helps its branding tremendously and always has. Because on its own, nightlife and entertainment and regional speech and regional food isn't something New Orleans has the market cornered on...

I'm not a fan of San Francisco because of the willful erasure of black history in that city, among other things, but it's a substantially bigger city than Nola with all the ingredients people laud Nola for...

And while Sacramento doesn't have the branding or historical impact New Orleans has, it has those ingredients as well. nikkas not knowing about Sacramento's culture is one thing, but it certainly exists and if Sacramento were in Louisiana it's brand would be larger period...

🤣 both he and Lou Will are wrong...

Your boy is from The Bay. Yall don't understand it even though I've said it for years because yall not from out here; but Coastal Californians are the worst people to base your opinion of Sacramento from. These people are from the largest, most people-diverse, most ecologically diverse state in North America. These mf's are spoiled and don't realize it, the spoils of growing up in Coastal California...

Sac draws strong opinions on here but I've yet to meet any native eastern era or southerner in real life, who has been to Sac, who calls it "wack". Never seen it, keep in mind I've lived and been all up and down the east Coast. I'm 34, over the years I've met a decent number of people who have been to Sac for one reason or other...

I've met eastern/southern people who "prefer" other Cali cities, hell it's no secret that I prefer LA myself. But in my real actual life, I'm a well-traveled man, domestically anyway, I have not met ONE person who called Sacramento "wack" upon actually visiting themselves, and the vast majority thoroughly enjoyed themselves...

I wouldn't dar take the word of a transplanted Coastal Californian...
Come on, man. Be honest with yourself. You haven’t been to New Orleans & you’re really trying to talk it down to prop up fukking Sacramento. Come on, dog. Do better :mjlol: New Orleans is easily a top tier city for its food & culture :ufdup:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Come on, man. Be honest with yourself. You haven’t been to New Orleans & you’re really trying to talk it down to prop up fukking Sacramento. Come on, dog. Do better :mjlol: New Orleans is easily a top tier city for its food & culture :ufdup:
No bruh, this isn't even about Sacramento so much as it's an illustration how New Orleans is in a position to take advantage of being the only show for states around...

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
It’s the Houston of California :pachaha:
I've been to Houston twice and their freeways remind me of The Sacramento Metro Region's (Sacramento including all the suburbs) :lolbron:
Bakersfield and Fresno are trash cities and dumb MAGA lands. Clovis is nice though.

Honestly Sacramento is very nice if you wanna live a laid back type of lifestyle in the suburbs
This is facts. Had a homie from Clovis and he said the same shyt about Fresno. Good people, great food but I like where I'm at geography wise with Sacramento.Bakersfield has the worst air I've ever been in (including smoke from nearby wildfires) Felt like my skin was crawling when I drove through there two years ago on my way to L.A. in the Summer.As for Clovis, I've been to some wild parties there :stylin:

Last edited:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I've been to Houston twice and their freeways remind me of The Sacramento Metro Region's (Sacramento including all the suburbs) :lolbron:

This is facts. Had a homie from Clovis and he said the same shyt about Fresno. Good people, great food but I like where I'm at geography wise with Sacramento.Bakersfield has the worst air I've ever been in (including smoke from nearby wildfires) Felt like my skin was crawling when I drove through there two years ago on my way to L.A. in the Summer.As for Clovis I've been to some wild parties there :stylin:

Bakersfield and that Valley fever is deadly bro. You can be at the park and catch it too.

I had people sell their homes because of the bad air quality. The new homes they’re building are straight copies from Texas and Florida. They really need to fix Bakersfield. Also, now they’re dealing with homelessness as well

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Bakersfield and that Valley fever is deadly bro. You can be at the park and catch it too.

I had people sell their homes because of the bad air quality. The new homes they’re building are straight copies from Texas and Florida. They really need to fix Bakersfield. Also, now they’re dealing with homelessness as well
I rode through the city again last year coming from Vegas and I was shocked to see a whole new community being built. shyt is crazy.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps

This is facts. Had a homie from Clovis and he said the same shyt about Fresno. Good people, great food but I like where I'm at geography wise with Sacramento.Bakersfield has the worst air I've ever been in (including smoke from nearby wildfires) Felt like my skin was crawling when I drove through there two years ago on my way to L.A. in the Summer.As for Clovis, I've been to some wild parties there :stylin:
I lived in Fresno while I was in college, Clovis was cacville. Basically an area created so they didn’t have to interact with Mexicans/Brehs. They didn’t really have anything over there that wasn’t in North Fresno.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Never been but a lot of folks I've met from the Bay are adamant about not claiming Sactown lol....
With that said you gotta take in context this LouWill, the average player just tryna chill, stay healthy and work towards the next contract besides AS wknd they not really partying like that during the season...But yeahh when your getting paid millions and got connections you'll make it work..Plus the Kings got a dope bball environment and the team has had plenty of players who have stayed even during the shxtty years..It was always a matter of when they where gonna get it back together..

Sacramento is an ideal city for introverted players, guys who care about nothing but basketball, and players trying to stay out of trouble.

You put a dude like Harden in Sacramento, and he's gonna invest the majority of his time and energy into getting everything the city doesn't have.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
It literally has nothing to do with that :gucci:
If what you say is true, why is New Orleans Mardi Gras more established in American pop culture than Mobile's?

Objectively speaking, tell me what makes New Orleans food more noteworthy than Portland, Maine's? Don't tell me about what your taste preferences are, explain to me what makes New Orleans cuisine more unique than any other regional fare?

New Orleans has nightlife. I lived in Charlotte, multiple times a bigger city than Nola with probably at least as much nightlife as Nola, but why is Nola's more heralded?

New Orleans' brand and perception in pop culture has everything to do with 1, the age of the city---->again it was the 7th largest US city in the 1810 Census (17,000 people), peaked as high as 3rd biggest city in 1840, was a Top 10 largest city thru the 1880 Census; and was a Top 25 largest city thru the 1990 Census. This gives it some historical relevance as an important place, it was a "big city" in US standards for 180 years...

2, the popular conception of New Orleans has everything to do with it being a big fish in a small pond. It's never had a challenger in size or cultural appeal within its own state, nor in neighboring Mississippi or Arkansas, nor in Alabama, the birthplace of Americanized Mardi Gras. It has all this room working in its favor as the sole place of prominence...

1990 was almost 34 years ago, and it certainly isn't 1890 anymore. New Orleans isn't considered a "big city" by any metric of value today, but the perception of it lives on when comparing it to somewhere like Sacramento because Sacramento isn't as old as a notable place or destination (Sacramento really didn't begin growing until the 80s, and has only been larger than Nola post-Katrina)...

Sacramento has the 20th largest media market in the country but is somehow a "small market" when millions more people love in the Greater Sacramento region than in Greater New Orleans...

And Sacramento will never have that "big fish, small pond" thing to boost branding because California is quite literally the biggest pond of North America, the most culturally expansive and culturally influential place in North America, it's impact on the development of this country and our exports across the world are massive. New Orleans would not have the same cache if it were located here, it wouldn't be any more unique than Oakland or Los Angeles or San Diego or....Sacramento. It would be just another unique twist of California...

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Sound like my kind of city. :ehh: Low key, but able to take a weekend trip to visit other big cities/areas if I feel the need.

Not trying to have my city be a big ass tourist destination with all the traffic and crime and shyt that that brings.