Lost 41 lbs since July 8 ... come in here and talk to me

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Good shyt OP.

Trying to lose weight myself.

Down 25 so far.

Man it's a struggle. Stepping on that scale everyday I go through so many damn emotions.

fukked up and went to golden coral last night and smashed out. This morning at the gym I weighed myself and I had gained a pound. I know I can lose it cause I've done it before, but man you feel the depression/regret when that scale tells you :ufdup:

Gonna do a double today to make up for it, then steer clear of any buffets for a while.
Stepping on the scale once a day is a motivation killer. Once a week at most.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Goes both ways for me. Was down 1.5 pounds today since yesterday. Feeling good :blessed:

When it goes up its usually a motivator for me to go harder on my workout that day.
You can't gain a pound of fat overnight lol

One bad meal won't ruin you

To gain weight you have to consistent eat more calories than you burn.

That 1 lb was just water retention breh

catskill247

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MADDDD props to you OP. I've gained 15lbs since my son was born 8 months ago. I just feel like I don't have the time or energy to start working out. I plan on going on vacation in 3 mths so I would like to drop it by then. It doesn't help that as I type this I'm eating 10 nuggets from BK for $1.99 :mjcry:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Taking a couple weeks off from the gym to let my hamstring and shoulder heal.

It's been a month now and I still have more pain than I should. I slowed down a lot, but it seems everytime i go, my pain level goes back to where I started. Gonna give it a substantial amount of time and hopefully i heal all the way before i go back.

Trying to reduce my calories for these days, but it's a struggle. Hopefully I don't gain any over this two weeks.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Taking a couple weeks off from the gym to let my hamstring and shoulder heal.

It's been a month now and I still have more pain than I should. I slowed down a lot, but it seems everytime i go, my pain level goes back to where I started. Gonna give it a substantial amount of time and hopefully i heal all the way before i go back.

Trying to reduce my calories for these days, but it's a struggle. Hopefully I don't gain any over this two weeks.

Im not trying to play doctor but where does it hurt? When did it start and how long has it been around?

You might need to tweak something. For instance, when I was training hard specifically for pull ups. After about a month and a half my neck started hurting. I was like :manny: I was just working hard today, then after the rest and the next workout the pain came back and it kept coming back worse and worse. It got to the point where not only could I not so pull-ups or lat pull downs. Long story short I just tweaked my positioning and all the pain went away.

It happened again at tue beginning of toward the end of July. I was jumping rope everyday for an hour. My right lower calf started hurting. Again I was like :manny: "I just got a good workout in" then of course the pain kept coming back. At first it would appear maybe 40 minutes in, then 20, then 15, then 10. Now at 25+ minutes I could push through my workout. When the pain came between 10 and 20 minutes I knew something was wrong and it was intolerable. My feet would go completely numb and my leg would leg below the knee was numb. You know if you wrap a rubber band around your finger or fall asleep on your arm? Imagine that on your lower leg.

Anyway I recorded myself jumping rope and my feet were flaring out. So when I jumped I purposely had to focus on turning my feet in which in turn made them face straight and the pain went away my leg stopped being numb. After a week or two of that pain started radiating up my knee into my femur. I started sweating, at first I was like "osteoporosis?" "Arthritis?" I was jumping in the gym and I noticed my feet were going too inward so I was jumping pigeon toed. Once again I focused on my posture and movement and all the pain went away.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Im not trying to play doctor but where does it hurt? When did it start and how long has it been around?

You might need to tweak something. For instance, when I was training hard specifically for pull ups. After about a month and a half my neck started hurting. I was like :manny: I was just working hard today, then after the rest and the next workout the pain came back and it kept coming back worse and worse. It got to the point where not only could I not so pull-ups or lat pull downs. Long story short I just tweaked my positioning and all the pain went away.

It happened again at tue beginning of toward the end of July. I was jumping rope everyday for an hour. My right lower calf started hurting. Again I was like :manny: "I just got a good workout in" then of course the pain kept coming back. At first it would appear maybe 40 minutes in, then 20, then 15, then 10. Now at 25+ minutes I could push through my workout. When the pain came between 10 and 20 minutes I knew something was wrong and it was intolerable. My feet would go completely numb and my leg would leg below the knee was numb. You know if you wrap a rubber band around your finger or fall asleep on your arm? Imagine that on your lower leg.

Anyway I recorded myself jumping rope and my feet were flaring out. So when I jumped I purposely had to focus on turning my feet in which in turn made them face straight and the pain went away my leg stopped being numb. After a week or two of that pain started radiating up my knee into my femur. I started sweating, at first I was like "osteoporosis?" "Arthritis?" I was jumping in the gym and I noticed my feet were going too inward so I was jumping pigeon toed. Once again I focused on my posture and movement and all the pain went away.

Ironically I'm just getting back home from the gym reading your post.

I hurt my shoulder playing with my kids. Was doing push-ups and I let my kids jump on my back, my arm collapsed and I had sharp pain in my shoulder.

Me leg got hurt from running. I don't really know the proper form of running, but I know I wasn't stretching correctly, the injury has taught me the importance of proper stretching.

Today I didn't run, I want to keep stretching and healing my leg before I do. My shoulder was pretty OK, I went through my normal strength training routine with minimal pain.

Most importantly I still lost a pound this past week:whew:

Gonna go light for the rest of this week, then pick it back up next Monday.

Thanks for the advice:cheers:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ironically I'm just getting back home from the gym reading your post.

I hurt my shoulder playing with my kids. Was doing push-ups and I let my kids jump on my back, my arm collapsed and I had sharp pain in my shoulder.

Me leg got hurt from running. I don't really know the proper form of running, but I know I wasn't stretching correctly, the injury has taught me the importance of proper stretching.

Today I didn't run, I want to keep stretching and healing my leg before I do. My shoulder was pretty OK, I went through my normal strength training routine with minimal pain.

Most importantly I still lost a pound this past week:whew:

Gonna go light for the rest of this week, then pick it back up next Monday.

Thanks for the advice:cheers:

Eh..stretching is the truth. When my leg was acting up I'd stretch for 15 mins before and after, including myofascial massage (which would hurt like a bytch) but it wasn't the cure. I did feel much better but once I paid attention and isolated what movements were causing pain I was able to change it. Definitely not trying to play WebMD. If you have a camera record your workout or exercise that causes pain or closely monitor your form in a mirror at the gym and see if that helps.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Eh..stretching is the truth. When my leg was acting up I'd stretch for 15 mins before and after, including myofascial massage (which would hurt like a bytch) but it wasn't the cure. I did feel much better but once I paid attention and isolated what movements were causing pain I was able to change it. Definitely not trying to play WebMD. If you have a camera record your workout or exercise that causes pain or closely monitor your form in a mirror at the gym and see if that helps.
Will do. I just don't know what proper form should be.

You know of some YouTube videos showing proper form of something?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Will do. I just don't know what proper form should be.

You know of some YouTube videos showing proper form of something?

Just look up a YouTube video of whatever exercise you are doing that causes pain. Typically you'll find some cat that's like "This is the proper way to squat...". Or " this is the proper way to perform a dumbell row" just youtube the exercises that are causing you pain and critique what your doing to what they are doing. Try to watch multiple vids to make sure your not getting shytty advice.