Losing their religion: why US churches are on the decline

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
How could they even bring it west Africa if you claim you didn’t say they created it then? Where would they get it from
One of the 10 commandments is thou shall not kill and another is do not commit adultery, if these people went about raping and killing how could you be Christian when the very god they claim to serve says don’t do that? I don’t get the logic
:gucci:

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I stopped believing when I was 14, but I did enjoy going occasionally because my church members go long back, and they're like an extended family to me. I think the communal aspect of churches is very powerful. Meeting once a week with like-minded people who look like you and share your beliefs...imagine what could be accomplished with a more focused directive. The members of my church range from families of doctors to minimum wage workers, but we're all equals under the banner.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I kid you guys not there are churches having jersey sundays on some come as you are. Churches are getting desperate. Some arent even preaching on sin,salvation.

I blame the Sunday Brunches these ypung black women are attending to, while skipping church altogether.

Black women are the backbone of the black church, and now a great portion of them aren't even going there anymore. Guess this is a long term consequence of pursuing higher education and being overworked in this financially oppressed American workforce.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No where did I say white peoples made Christianity. They are the ones who brought it to west Africa and used it to justify the slave trade and strip Africans of their indigenous languages and religions. Black folks in the US are not orthodox Christians (what you find in the middle east where Christianity started), they follow the denominations taught to them by white people
African indigenous religions justified and promoted capturing and selling prisoners of war as slaves

how does Christianity promote slavery? Europe got rid of slavery on its own continent when it Christianized

Daps
African indigenous religions justified and promoted capturing and selling prisoners of war as slaves

how does Christianity promote slavery? Europe got rid of slavery on its own continent when it Christianized
Other than passages that lay out the laws of slavery that Christianity borrows from the Torah? :skip:

The European powers certainly outlawed slavery at home, but only after they outsourced the need for slavery to their colonies - and they certainly used Christianity to justify making the African/indigenous majorities an economic and political working underclass in those colonies, not really that far off from the Antebellum slavery and then Jim Crow of the United States.

And even then, they only did so well after they Christianized, literally hundreds of years after they first did so, actually.

I believe in God, but let's keep it a buck here. You don't need to deny or stay ignorant about the history of Christianity as a colonizing and oppressing tool for Western Europe to stay faithful.

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
The Bible literally tells you about how there will be a great falling away in the end times
2 Thessolonians 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Modern churches are often diluting the gospel and attempting to mix in with the world. Why go to an imitation of the world when you can just go there full blast?

Most major religion have pretty much the same narrative about time and how it impacts the spiritually of the masses. Things degenerate. Gravity has a downward pull, not upward. The myth of progress is a massive deviation from this fact. So yes, the decline of religion in the modern age is not surprising to ppl of religion. Even cyclical religions like Hinduism believe that the world enters into different eras. Scholars from that tradition that I've looked into would state that we are in the Kali Yuga. And era of materialism and moral decay.

This is nothing to celebrate brehs. Expect great upheavals.

Daps
I think Christianity was a detriment to the black community. It made us too soft, and we spend too much time praying for miracles, instead of taking action to improve our lives.

Plus, religion is taught as if God is going to punish you if you do anything wrong. We see too many bad people getting away with things.

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
The Bible literally tells you about how there will be a great falling away in the end times
2 Thessolonians 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Modern churches are often diluting the gospel and attempting to mix in with the world. Why go to an imitation of the world when you can just go there full blast?
shyt already fell off

funny how every gen thinks their time is the last days

I guess every one was holy during slavery-jim crow days

these faiths will die off once all the boomers and old gen xers are dead

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
You can’t pray away racism

God isn’t saving black people from being murdered by police

Kids are being molested in churches and the pastors/preachers/priests are getting away with it.

And never forget THIS happened

Also THIS

And a whole bunch of THIS

Church ain’t nothing but a scam

That Eddie Long situation is why a lot of black parents withdrew from the Church altogether.

Some of these smaller black churches now are more than half-empty every Sunday. Even young black women are skipping church for those bottomless mimosas in those ratchet brunches.

invalid

Banned
Daps
about 30,000 converting to Islam annually in the United States. According to The New York Times, an estimated 25% of American Muslims are converts

living inside of animals :dead:

Who lived inside of an animal?

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Alot of things look great when you live in a place where lawlessness and anarchy and chaos are somewhat tempered by laws and government and police.

I know folks here in NYC who come from places where actual genocide took place.

That right there is some shyt that will test your religious fervor.
nikka talking about NYC it's the set of mad max. :to: