Losing their religion: why US churches are on the decline

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Becusse morons like Tony Dungy insist are dragging that shyt into the depths of obsolescence amongst the youth :manny:

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
The US GOVT confirmed UFOs and you still got muthafukkas who still believe in god.

Why?

I swear if Aliens finally communicate with us and they dont have a belief system in the higher power, then when yall let this outdated theology perish?

My fictional jesus! Its 2023 and muthafukkas still wanna believe in children tales...smh
In all fairness that can actually go both ways. It may turn some away. Then again, some can say God obviously come from somewhere. :yeshrug: I believe in God but also believe there is life outside this planet.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
The Bible literally tells you about how there will be a great falling away in the end times
2 Thessolonians 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Modern churches are often diluting the gospel and attempting to mix in with the world. Why go to an imitation of the world when you can just go there full blast?
Death Cult Christians Been Begging For The “End Times” For 2000 Years :mjlol:

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I reject those statistics.

Speak honestly here,do you believe you had to be smarter to get to college pre internet,or post internet era?

I dont deny people are able to get the information they need faster. I reject the idea that they have the intelligence to do anything substantive with it overall. Oooh oooh you can code a website:krs:. Oooh oooh you can make an app where we can slice up fruit as if we were ninjas:wow:?

And the average person cant even do those things. The average person cant even hold an intelligent convo. Being able to repeat the info theyve been indoctrinated with is a struggle. Letalong being forced to think outside the margins on a whim:respect:
In the past society valued skills over education.
Now society values education over skills.
You need both so people have to do 2x the work to be a functional human being nowadays.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I don't need religion to be a moral person or for structure.

I am religious because I know G-d is real.

Most people walk the path to destruction, only a few walk the path towards life.

:manny:
The balak and balaam dynamic I’m more cognizant of than ever

Paradoxx

All Star
Daps
I won't slander older people for believing, but if you're 30 and under with all the amount of actual Black history, popular science, and what should be common knowledge available in your pocket and still choose to believe in a middle eastern diety interpreted by cacs, then you ain't living right
It’s was black history that made me agnostic. Reading through Caribbean, Black American and African history, I just don’t believe the Abrahamic god exist.

Geode

All Star
Daps
Seems like there are a lot of different arguments going on in here. Church, religion and spirituality are 3 different things and all of them are being debated, despite the topic being about church.

There are lots of non- big3 belief systems out there that consist of a higher power(s). Are those off the table as well?

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
I blame the Sunday Brunches these ypung black women are attending to, while skipping church altogether.

Black women are the backbone of the black church, and now a great portion of them aren't even going there anymore. Guess this is a long term consequence of pursuing higher education and being overworked in this financially oppressed American workforce.
Alot of the black women or some are now going into witchcraft as well.Women dominates the church all these years. Now they are more liberal. Its crazy how it is now.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Alot of the black women or some are now going into witchcraft as well.Women dominates the church all these years. Now they are more liberal. Its crazy how it is now.

When this black church I went to recently, was 75% empty, I knew organized religion is in trouble. Even 10 years ago, there were a lot more young black women attending church regularly. Now.....forget it.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
When this black church I went to recently, was 75% empty, I knew organized religion is in trouble. Even 10 years ago, there were a lot more young black women attending church regularly. Now.....forget it.
Even the mega churches are shrinking. I went to this church for a Mens Day Conference. They were talking about how average age of congregation is 55 and how there are no choirs anymore.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
It's been the end times for literally centuries. Any poster bringing up 'end of days' loses a lot of credibility off top. No man knows the hour until it's time to make a point.

With that said the church is the definition of never updating with the times. Then they'll say, "bu bu bu it's God's word and it should never change'. Yet there are numerous versions of the Bible and they all claim to be right while the others are lying.

You don't need a church to believe in a higher power. :francis:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Even the mega churches are shrinking. I went to this church for a Mens Day Conference. They were talking about how average age of congregation is 55 and how there are no choirs anymore.

In the next 10 to 15 years, a lot of churches gonna be shut down. America is going to be the more ratchet version of Western Europe.

Men's Day Conference? (Black) men still go to church that's under retirement age?

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
Ok. We ran into another issue.

How is a person not "living right" by following a religion that has helped them (and many others) transform their lives for the better?

Also, define "Black" without invoking race.
It makes as much sense as you and me following Hinduism or Jainism; if Black folk didn't act like Abrahamic religion wasn't foreign and used it constructively, I wouldn't mind at all

As to the bolded, it means people who don't look like they're from Europe, Asia, or indigenous to the Americas :hhh:

I'm Black, I'm assuming you are too and you can't skirt around our history. If you're AA or WI, there is little to no Ethiopian, Kushyte, Biblical era-Egyptian in us; our ancestors are from the exact other side of where the Bible's set: Coastal Niger-Congolese Africa

It’s was black history that made me agnostic. Reading through Caribbean, Black American and African history, I just don’t believe the Abrahamic god exist.
Exactly, that and geography, I think if people realized how huge and diverse the whole African continent is and how far away the middle east was from everything going on with our actual ancestors/how close to Europe it is, we wouldn't be debating wannabe jews and arabs in 2023

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
The US GOVT confirmed UFOs and you still got muthafukkas who still believe in god.

Why?

I swear if Aliens finally communicate with us and they dont have a belief system in the higher power, then when yall let this outdated theology perish?

My fictional jesus! Its 2023 and muthafukkas still wanna believe in children tales...smh
The govt confirmed unidentified aieral phenomenon :francis: doesn’t mean it’s Aliens.

As someone who actually believes in God and also life on other planets come on I notice people who are atheist are fukkin desperate for another species to come down here and expose themselves, like they can’t stand the thought of it only being us. shyts weird