Lori Harvey Explains Why She Dates on Her 'Terms': 'I Almost Got Married Very Young'

Dontdoit3

All Star
Daps
Well she’s free to do as she pleases. She’s allowed to have all the fun in the world.

I just wished that when people are dating they make their intentions known up front. Some people like healthy fulfilling long term relationships and some just like jumping from people to people. If only those two groups could find a way to stop dealing with each other…

I’ve never believed in that casual dating stringing people along stuff. I don’t wanna waste anyones time and don’t want mine wasted. And the “growing” or “life experiences gained” with each new partner thing is overrated to me. I’m sure for some that just leads to them always longing for that ex when she/he finally settles down or they become more jaded as they run into bad partner after bad partner. I know I could’ve missed the nonsense I encountered and still have been fine…

Now the issue is gonna be when women like her want to settle down (well not Lori exactly because she’ll get away with her looks most likely) in their late 20s or 30s and they start desperately harassing people nonstop asking if I have any friends or family that are single.
:snoop:

The problem is it takes many men a little longer to hit their stride (financially personality looks style confidence etc) and when some finally do THEY now want to have their fun way into their mid to late 30s and waste your time so I can never recommend them and have that backfire on me.

:skip:

Then you get left with the inexperienced or not so attractive men who will take the first women that seeks him out. They may not check most of the boxes you have and if you’re cool with that then more power to you.
:yeshrug:

it’s rough out there for both sexes the older you get. And I’m not exactly saying that marrying young is that magic answer. I personally know of three couples that started dating in their early teen years and marriages going on pretty strong. Even my parents met in elementary and have been married forever. However others that married young were not as successful sadly. There is no right answer. Some people marry later and everything’s great. It’s just that in my opinion you might be able to get a better quality uncorrupted partner with less baggage earlier in life rather than later. Whether they leave or stay…..
:yeshrug:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I mean if you a real one, you know most people in general are still finding them selves at that age. Very few ppl can do a real relationship and it not be somewhat toxic in ya early 20s.

Being in my 30s, When I talk to chicks around that age I already know it’s just a fun time. Don’t expect much from them.
Don’t take any woman under 25 seriously.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
It's not anecdotal when you leave the country and the majority of the women on this planet are married by that age.
It is anecdotal. You started off saying “my mother” and it’s from your pov, your experience.

The numbers state different.

For countries with populations over 5 million, slightly over half of the countries (30 out of 56) had women get married at an avg age of 25 or older.

Even more to your specific point, only 10 out of 56 countries had women getting married at 21 or younger.

The article notes there is a correlation to wealth and high age of marriage. Where, in developed countries, people tended to get married later than in less developed countries.

So it’s not as simple as leave the country. Obviously there’s other elements involved.

Legend27

Pro
Daps
lets be real, 25 aint young. MOST people aren’t “growing” between 25 and 30+, they just reliving the same experiences over and over again until they end up hurt and tired from it

i wish the good sis well. but she reminds me of jada, will smith and MBJ are like the prototype of every womans dream man and they still can’t be happy with them. its a mental illness
Tf are you talking about:dahell:

Jahbarri

Banned
Daps
Reppin
MONTREAL

Lori Harvey Explains Why She Dates on Her 'Terms': 'I Almost Got Married Very Young'​

The model sat down with Teyana Taylor to talk about dating, saying, "Don't give your power away to anybody"​

Amanda Taylor
Digital News Writer, PEOPLE
People Editorial Guidelines
Published on August 10, 2022 10:24 PM

Lori Harvey is changing the way she dates.

The model, 25, spoke about her approach to relationships on Bumble's Luv2SeeIt YouTube series with Teyana Taylor.
During Wednesday's episode, Harvey and Taylor had an intimate conversation about their philosophies for relationships of all kinds, from romantic to platonic to professional. The pair discussed never compromising one's core values, but focused a lot on change.
"I almost got married very young," Harvey revealed. "I felt like I hadn't really experienced anything. I didn't really know myself, I didn't really know what I liked, what I didn't like. I just feel like I hadn't really experienced life."

She said she eventually came to a point where she wanted to "date on my terms." She added, "However I want to move, whatever I want to do, I'm going to do it. And if it's no longer serving me, I'm going to move on."

Earlier in the episode, Harvey said that change is "the beautiful part of growth," noting that she doesn't want the same things at 25 that she wanted at 21. "Two different mindsets. Like, I don't even know her anymore."

"She's not here anymore," Harvey said. "This is who we're dealing with today."
Lori Harvey Launched Skincare Line After Longtime Desire to 'Replicate' Her Mom's 'Glowy' Skin
The SKN founder said she lives a life without regrets, no matter what other people think.

"You can't live your life based on what other people are going to think, how other people feel, because at the end of the day it's your life — so what's going to make you happy?" Harvey asked.

She also said she wouldn't change her past because she "learned so much in the process" of her personal experiences.

When Taylor asked what makes her feel powerful in a relationship, Harvey replied, "My values, standards and my requirements."
She added, "There are some superficial requirements, and you can cut down on those ... but don't compromise on core values and beliefs."
Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human-interest stories.
Harvey also said she takes more control now, saying she is in a space where she's not doing anything that will "compromise my peace and happiness."
"Don't give your power away to anybody," Harvey said. "That I feel is the key to being truly happy in or out of a relationship."
Taylor described herself and Harvey as cups of tea, with Harvey agreeing by saying "sip with caution." The two said they deserve to be handled with care, and if they aren't, there's a chance you'll get burned.
Lori Harvey attends the 2022 Essence Festival of Culture at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center

Paras Griffin/Getty Images for Essence
"It burned, didn't it?" Harvey joked, while Taylor called it a "pinch of hell."
The duo then sat down with a fan to talk to her about her dating life. Harvey shared another piece of advice, saying, "I feel like if a situation's no longer serving you, there's nothing wrong with leaving that situation."
Lori Harvey Celebrates Sweet Moment Between Her Parents Steve and Marjorie Looking Sharp
Harvey was most recently linked
Michael B. Jordan. After a year and a half of dating, a source close to the former couple told PEOPLE that Jordan and Harvey split in June.

"Michael and Lori are both completely heartbroken," the source said at the time. "They still love each other."

"Michael matured a lot over the course of their relationship and was ready to commit for the long term. He let down his guard with her, opening up emotionally in a romantic relationship for the first time," added the source. "They had great times together and brought out the best in each other."

A source close to the model and influencer told PEOPLE that Harvey "wasn't ready to commit," adding, "She is very focused on her career."

According to the insider, Harvey "realized that they weren't on the same page" while she and Jordan "were making plans for their future."

"She still wants to have fun and be free," the source said. "Michael is a great guy. She is sad that their relationship didn't work out, but she is moving on

Feminine bullcrap cant wait to see these women childrenless at 35 wishing they woulda coulda shoulda

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
She’s basically saying she’s selfish.

She doesn’t know the concept of being in a partnership. She likes the idea of a relationship and the comforts/perks that comes with it. But she doesn’t want to work and/or sacrifice to ensure a long lasting/healthy survival
She's got enough family money that partnership for survival isn't even a need and won't ever be a need.

She's perfectly fine to move like this because when she's 80+ years old and living by herself she will have a team of nurses and caretakers to help her.

Her needs are not the needs of the average woman. There's no reason to shame her

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Exactly she living her best life and simps will provide all her needs

And why settle when her mom the best example she needs

She dated and married 2 former drug king pins had kids by them as well

And than married Steve Harvey in mid 30's

She Kno a simp will be there in 10 years lol
You right. But that works for the girls who actually know the game.

You have to have a pretty spotless record and look GOOD to pull it off. And even then, if you actually look good you’re still probably getting scooped up as a single mom.

If you look at her mom, you see that Lori has been raised by a woman who taught her well. Lmao

Hell, IIIIIII’m trying to look like that in 25+ years 👀

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
She about to be the new Amber Rose or Nicki. These women start high then eventually date at the bottom 😂 Ain't nothing to celebrate. She foolish for not cashing out now. Black folks with this delayed adulthood bullshyt. This is not empowerment.
Bolded is definitely a problem, but I’m not comparing her to a literal sex worker and a rapper who presents herself as a sex worker who WILLING married a r@pist.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I can tell you’re an OLD HEAD.

Woman now between 20-26 are all about travelling, having fun and a “hot girl summer”, building their instagram followings, and making some make up or fashion brand.

They ain’t tryna settle down.

MBJ was either a fool to think it was a possibility with Lori or he possibly played one of the greatest chess moves which is getting with a black woman who he knew had no intentions of committing and trying to push for marriage knowing she was always gonna say no. Which has repaired his images with sistas

If it’s the latter :whew:
I think that’s exactly what this was, and it was well played! But I think they were hooked up/introduced for that reason.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:dahell:

Breh you may want to marry a woman with 100+ body count, STDs, possible kids, but don't put that on other men. :mjlol:
What are you, a 12 year old kid at bible study? I said nothing about STDs or single mothers. I don't even date single mothers. If you are in your 20s you should fukk as many people as you want because that's what single adults do. You're old enough to have sex, why wouldn't you fukk people you like. I had a blast in college, why would I judge a chick for doing the same in her 20s.

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
What are you, a 12 year old kid at bible study? I said nothing about STDs or single mothers. I don't even date single mothers. If you are in your 20s you should fukk as many people as you want because that's what single adults do. You're old enough to have sex, why wouldn't you fukk people you like. I had a blast in college, why would I judge a chick for doing the same in her 20s.
Telling women to "fukk as many dudes as possible" tends to lead to STDs and single parenthood, stop being dense :why:

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
I don't get it :what:

I don't get the obsession with lori Harvey..

Yes she's beautiful and sexy.

And okay she's dated some celebrity nikkaz..

I just dont understand every time the bytch says something its gotta be broken down and analyzed...

9 pages of nikkaz analyzing what she meant lol

Some of you mfs typing paragraphs .. Jesus

Last edited: