Lords of The Fallen, PS5/Xbox/PC

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah, pretty much. The weapons and differences in playstyles with them is the main thing that it bests souls games with. It's like a combination of Ninja Gaiden games with Soul games and then something else altogether with stance systems and ki management. I need to finish those games already. My track record is totally terrible at any souls game completions tho, the actual ones or any of its clones that I've played.
So you don’t even have extensive experience playing the games but wanna tell me i’m wrong :mindblown:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, pretty much. The weapons and differences in playstyles with them is the main thing that it bests souls games with. It's like a combination of Ninja Gaiden games with Soul games and then something else altogether with stance systems and ki management. I need to finish those games already. My track record is totally terrible at any souls game completions tho, the actual ones or any of its clones that I've played.
EXACTLY! Like I said in the Nioh 2 thread ONCE YOU UNDERSTAND how to play the game it’s muthafukkin fire! I’m not even about to go back and forth with the other guy. It’s pure ignorance breh don’t know how to play

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nioh doesn’t even have shields. In dark souls you can beat the entire game with a shield.

And even if you decide to beat the game with a shield there’s a bunch of different shield builds you can use.

You can be a mele shield user. Magic shield user, Tank, Black fire, Poison, and more. You can combo the shield with a weapon and multiply the different styles of play you can experince.

Then we have not even gotten into talking about dual wielding in DS which again multiplies the effective play styles available.

Even by the numbers nioh has like 12 weapons classes. DS3 has 24.

There’s just so much more variety in a souls game, i’m not even sure why saying that is controversial to y’all.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
So nioh has the play style variety of a souls game?

:stopitslime:

I swear some of you just like to argue with me on here.

Just check out youtube. There’s like an entire community of people playing around with builds in the souls games and still figuring stuff out to this day.

Nioh was closer to something like bloodborne or sekiro. There are builds, but the game itself is focused on a more fast/action based play style than having the variety of a souls game.
There's a community to Nioh that does the same with Nioh tho, lol.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
So you don’t even have extensive experience playing the games but wanna tell me i’m wrong :mindblown:
Not sure how you figure in that quote that I don't have extensive experience. I've had 100s of hours between them all. I just often "waste" more time either exploring or leveling up that I never get around to completing the games. I get far and away enough into them to know what I'm talking about in any of the games that I've played in the series.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not sure how you figure in that quote that I don't have extensive experience. I've had 100s of hours between them all. I just often "waste" more time either exploring or leveling up that I never get around to completing the games. I get far and away enough into them to know what I'm talking about in any of the games that I've played in the series.
You said you have a “horrible track record” on sticking with them.

I was just going by what you said

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I get it now, my bad breh :ehh:

You still ain’t did shyt till you beat them tho cause those late bosses(and dlc) are usually the biggest challenges of the game
Yeah, I usually get to like a couple bosses or so away from finishing then just OD on levelling up or exploration of optional shyt and before I know it, other games come out that I also want to play. And thus, the backlog continues to grow.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Nioh doesn’t even have shields. In dark souls you can beat the entire game with a shield.

And even if you decide to beat the game with a shield there’s a bunch of different shield builds you can use.

You can be a mele shield user. Magic shield user, Tank, Black fire, Poison, and more. You can combo the shield with a weapon and multiply the different styles of play you can experince.

Then we have not even gotten into talking about dual wielding in DS which again multiplies the effective play styles available.

Even by the numbers nioh has like 12 weapons classes. DS3 has 24.

There’s just so much more variety in a souls game, i’m not even sure why saying that is controversial to y’all.

Bro Japanese people historically didnt use shields like that, especially Samurai because it was dishonorable. You was a hoe if you didnt get out there and put in work with that katana/naginata :ufdup:

I like Souls more but hating on Nioh is crazy, Im actually trying to see whats up with Wo Long cause that shyt looks crazy but people say Nioh 2 is bettee im not sure where to go