Lords of The Fallen, PS5/Xbox/PC

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
Never heard of this game/franchise :ohhh:

I don't mind it being a blatant Elden Ring copycat since i loved ER... but that you guys are saying the 2014 game was somewhere between trash and mid, well that gives pause. Releasing in a very crowded fall this October as well.
Yeah, the first LotF was one of the first games to ape Soulsbourne games but ended up being mediocre best. This new one however looks to be on another level, it’s being rebooted by different developers but same publishers.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LORDS OF THE FALLEN - Extended Gameplay Presentation | Pre-Order Now on PC, PS5 & Xbox Series X|S

Hmmm of course the graphics look good but something about the player and enemy movement looks stiff like when they turn to another direction, and the audio needs some work. I’ll keep watching this game i really want it to be good

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Which souls clone has been really good?

Like none of them. As a souls fan it did it well enough to deserve my attention :manny:
Nioh. Tho we already know what you're going to say about that.

It also is one of the best clones to deviate considerably from souls games while still sharing some of its more core principles and actually succeed as a series. It actually immensely improves upon souls style of combat. Unfortunately, its level and enemy designs (aesthetically) definitely aren't on par with souls games. Nor is its loot system.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It also is one of the best clones to deviate considerably from souls games while still sharing some of its more core principles and actually succeed as a series. It actually immensely improves upon souls style of combat. Unfortunately, its level and enemy designs (aesthetically) definitely aren't on par with souls games.
Nioh 2 holds the throne on how you ingratiate yourself into the genre without being a total ripoff like this game. Don’t get it twisted I still want this to good but I can’t ignore the total blatant ripoff of Dark/Demon Souls

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

It also is one of the best clones to deviate considerably from souls games while still sharing some of its more core principles and actually succeed as a series. It actually immensely improves upon souls style of combat. Unfortunately, its level and enemy designs (aesthetically) definitely aren't on par with souls games. Nor is its loot system.
Nioh was good, not great.

Same for Wo Long.

Level design in those games is not that good and tho they have lots of weapons none of them feel very unique or instill a specific play style or “build” it’s just kinda heavy medium or light no matter which weapon you use.

And i think that’s the problem with most souls clones. They can get the combat to feel good, but they miss on level design world building, and the idea of an “RPG” I.E. playing a “roll” or playing the game how you want to.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Same for Wo Long.

Level design in those games is not that good and tho they have lots of weapons none of them feel very unique or instill a specific play style or “build” it’s just kinda heavy medium or light no matter which weapon you use.

And i think that’s the problem with most souls clones. They can get the combat to feel good, but they miss on level design world building, and the idea of an “RPG” I.E. playing a “roll” or playing the game how you want to.
You don’t know how to play Nioh if you say there’s no builds or the weapons feel the same

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You don’t know how to play Nioh if you say there’s no builds or the weapons feel the same
We are comparing this to dark souls. There’s nowhere near the depth of choice in nioh compared to souls games.

In nioh you chose a katana build or a spear build, hammer, etc.

In Dark souls there’s like a dozen different katana builds to play around with alone.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We are comparing this to dark souls. There’s nowhere near the depth of choice in nioh compared to souls games.

In nioh you chose a katana build or a spear build, hammer, etc.

In Dark souls there’s like a dozen different katana builds to play around with alone.
Lol ok you don’t know what you’re talking about have a good day sir :francis:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Same for Wo Long.

Yeah, pretty much. The weapons and differences in playstyles with them is the main thing that it bests souls games with. It's like a combination of Ninja Gaiden games with Soul games and then something else altogether with stance systems and ki management. I need to finish those games already. My track record is totally terrible at any souls game completions tho, the actual ones or any of its clones that I've played.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So nioh has the play style variety of a souls game?

:stopitslime:

I swear some of you just like to argue with me on here.

Just check out youtube. There’s like an entire community of people playing around with builds in the souls games and still figuring stuff out to this day.

Nioh was closer to something like bloodborne or sekiro. There are builds, but the game itself is focused on a more fast/action based play style than having the variety of a souls game.