Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Did Tolkien write any material on it? As far as i knew he wrote only lord of the rings and the Hobbit, the rest is just stuff references in the appendices.
This is basically a brand new story set in the same universe i guess.
I’m not sure, but when they released there teaser ( a map) people could tell it was in the 2nd age based on the names of the nations . So there is probably some source material somewhere .

The only reason I know this is because I been following Amazons fantasy adaptations, I’m patiently waiting for them to drop the Wheel of Time adaptation .

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I’m not sure, but when they released there teaser ( a map) people could tell it was in the 2nd age based on the names of the nations . So there is probably some source material somewhere .

The only reason I know this is because I been following Amazons fantasy adaptations, I’m patiently waiting for them to drop the Wheel of Time adaptation .
I think i may have read wheel of time back in the day, or tried to.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Last edited:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Did Tolkien write any material on it? As far as i knew he wrote only lord of the rings and the Hobbit, the rest is just stuff references in the appendices.
This is basically a brand new story set in the same universe i guess.
Tolkien wrote The Silmarillion which served more as an encyclopedia of Ea(the universe his books are set in) than a plot driven narrative. A lot of history before The Hobbit and LOTR is there.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya'll heard about this? I wondering what else can be done with this. The movies pretty much covered all of Tolkien's work already. Is this a remake or some expanded universe type stuff?

Breh Tolkien has other books outside of The Hobbit and LoTR. He wrote an entire detailed history for the 1st and 2nd ages.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Played shadow of war. I am in for this show.

They better diversify middle earth though.
We need a Shadows of Mordor trilogy. The first game can cover 2 films. The 2nd film can end with Talion being screwed and making the :demonic:decision. The last film can be Talion still fighting back that:demonic:and using it to destroy the orocs before eventually succumbing :wow: