Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
They have game of thrones and plan spin offs.

Why dump that much money into a lane you already are dominating.

Don't forget wb is currently trying to go through a merger.
WB is Time Warner which is HBO.
Do you mean Time Warner is trying to spin off and sell WB? I haven't heard that.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Game of Thrones changed the game. We're entering the era of big budget television. GoT is at $10M an episode, Star Trek is $8.5M, Disney is producing a Star Wars series and I can only imagine how pricey that will be, now this. And this is while computing power goes up and the price for SFX goes down.

:ahh:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
‘The Lord Of The Rings’ Amazon TV Series Casts Will Poulter As A Lead – Deadline

Young British actor Will Poulter (the Maze Runner franchise) is poised to star on Amazon Studios’ high-profile The Lord of the Rings TV series, Deadline has learned. Amazon would not comment.

The series hails from writers JD Payne and Patrick McKay and director Juan Antonio (J.A.) Bayona. Set in Middle-earth, it will explore new storylines preceding J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring.

Amazon cast a wide net in its talent search for the big-budget project, reading actors around the world with casting directors in the US, UK and Australia. Deadline reported in July that young Australian actress Markella Kavenagh had been cast.

No details about the characters are being revealed but it is believed that Poulter and Kavenagh play the two leads, referred to as Beldor and Tyra, respectively.

The Lord of the Rings series is produced by Amazon Studios in cooperation with the Tolkien Estate and Trust, HarperCollins and New Line Cinema, a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment, which produced the 2000s Peter Jackson trilogy.

Poulter, whose casting was first reported by Variety, is coming off lead roles in Netflix’s Black Mirror: Bandersnatch and horror film Midsommar. His other feature credits include the role of Gally in The Maze Runner franchise, as well as Detroit and The Revenant.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Game of Thrones changed the game. We're entering the era of big budget television. GoT is at $10M an episode, Star Trek is $8.5M, Disney is producing a Star Wars series and I can only imagine how pricey that will be, now this. And this is while computing power goes up and the price for SFX goes down.

:ahh:
I think Mandolarian ended up being 10 million an episode.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They have a lot of great writers, producers, and a big director involved. I think this series is gonna be epic.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Robert Aramayo To Star In ‘The Lord Of the Rings’ Amazon TV Series – Deadline

Game of Thrones alum Robert Aramayo has been tapped for the lead in Amazon’s The Lord of the Rings TV series, I have learned. He replaces Will Poulter, who had been in negotiations for the young hero role, referred to as Beldor, until he recently exited the project due to scheduling conflicts. Reps for Amazon and Aramayo declined comment.

Amazon in November moved ahead with an early Season 2 renewal for the sprawling adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s fantasy novels. In conjunction with that renewal, the series will be going on a 4-5-month hiatus after filming the first two episodes from Season 1 to map out and write the bulk of the scripts for Season 2.

Set in Middle Earth, the LOTR TV series will explore new storylines preceding J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring. The show’s cast, which has yet to be confirmed by Amazon, is believed to include Ema Horvath, Markella Kavenagh, Joseph Mawle and Morfydd Clark.

The Lord of the Rings series is produced by Amazon Studios. Showrunners J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay executive produce with director J.A. Bayona and his producing partner Belén Atienza, Lindsey Weber, Bruce Richmond, Gene Kelly,
Sharon Tal Yguado as well as writers Gennifer Hutchison; Jason Cahill and Justin Doble.

English actor Aramayo played Young Ned Stark on seasons six and seven of HBO’s fantasy blockbuster series Game Of Thrones. He also starred as Bill Harley in Discovery’s Harley and the Davidsons miniseries and co-stars in the upcoming Netflix miniseries Behind the Eyes. His feature credits includes Nocturnal Animals, Eternal Beauty and the upcoming Antebellum, The Empty Man and The King’s Man. He is repped by UTA and MJ Management.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Ya'll heard about this? I wondering what else can be done with this. The movies pretty much covered all of Tolkien's work already. Is this a remake or some expanded universe type stuff?

Made Man

All Star
Daps
I’m not a huge Tolkien/ LOR fan but just watch the movies , but supposedly this takes place in the 2nd age, if that means anything to you . I guess the current movies take place in the 3rd. So it’s a prequel .

@Luke Cage

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I’m not a huge Tolkien/ LOR fan but just watch the movies , but supposedly this takes place in the 2nd age, if that means anything to you . I guess the current movies take place in the 3rd. So it’s a prequel .

@Luke Cage
Did Tolkien write any material on it? As far as i knew he wrote only lord of the rings and the Hobbit, the rest is just stuff references in the appendices.
This is basically a brand new story set in the same universe i guess.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
All I’ve read that it’s already the most expensive massive budget ever for Television. Including Thrones. So amazon is going all in on this
They trying to do their own Game of thrones. Personally i'm a fan of all three properties, (GOT, The WItcher, and LOTR) but i need to know more about this show before i can get onboard the hype train.