Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Enjoying this more than the new GOT
At it's best, I would say RoP is exceeding it - that Hobbit arc just needs to pay off. I guess I know where they're going with it but I'm not convinced by that yet either.

They need to convince me it was worth introducing Hobbits here rather than in...The Hobbit.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At it's best, I would say RoP is exceeding it - that Hobbit arc just needs to pay off. I guess I know where they're going with it but I'm not convinced by that yet either.

They need to convince me it was worth introducing Hobbits here rather than in...The Hobbit.
Harfoots are ancestors to the hobbits we see in the. LOTR and Hobbit.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
I hope they phase the hobbits out. They're gonna get in the way of the god tier fukkery that went on in those days.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It's decent, the Hobbit plot is weakest of the story but I'll take the little bit of humor I can with fantasy shows. Something HoTD is missing severely.
Oh shyt! The got Naevia from Spartacus in this :blessed:
There's quite a few Spartacus alumni in the third episode. Crassus and Barca showed up.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Can't trust the reviews for this show, it has many different hating factions against it.

People hating because black people are in it.

People hating because there's a strong female protagonist.

People hating because they're book stans.

People hating because they're movie stans.
Yep, there are also Game of Thrones fans hating on this i've notice as well. Comparing everything to that prequel series for GOT.

Overall this show is piff, possibly the best looking sets and cgi i have ever seen in tv streaming ever. Acting is on point, and it's a story set in tolkien lore. so as long as they avoid too much filler it should work.