Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First two episodes were beautiful to watch but they should’ve invested most of that budget into the scripts.
Yeah the dialog sound like something out of elder scrolls that not a bad thing it just remind of a lot western fantasy rpg I grew up playing.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First episode the pacing seemed off. After a really compelling intro things slowed down a bit too much for me though I enjoyed the world building, especially with the harfoots.

I thought the second episode was a big improvement. Loved everything about Khazad-dum. Besides the visuals and production design I thought they really nailed the demeanor of the dwarves with their bluntness and pride. But I also liked how Durin's anger toward Elrond stemmed from him simply not being there for his wedding and birth of his children. Showed how much loyalty meant to him as well as the differences between the elves and dwarves regarding how they viewed the passage of time.

The goblin scene was well-done, gave me some early PJ/Sam Raimi zany horror movie vibes. And I'm enjoying Nori's story with meteor man.

Galadriel is a bit one note for me so far but I think her single-mindedness regarding her quest for revenge and finding Sauron is the point of her character so far.

Only story thread that isn't really working for me so far is the whole Arondir-Bronwyn forbidden love story. Reminds me of how lame I found the Aragorn-Arwen and Tauriel-Kili romances in the LOTR and Hobbit trilogies. Love stories just seem like a weakness for LOTR media.

Overall I thought it was good, not great. Enough for me to keep watching.

Also I thought the meteor dude was Gandalf but some people are saying it's actually
Sauron

Last edited:
Daps
Before I click play, can a brotha with good taste :dame: tell me if it's lit or not?

I don't want to chance getting spoiled by reading through the thread.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Before I click play, can a brotha with good taste :dame: tell me if it's lit or not?

I don't want to chance getting spoiled by reading through the thread.

First episode is slow and will be a struggle to get through unless you're a massive LOTR fan. Second episode is much better and the pacing picks up considerably.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First episode is slow and will be a struggle to get through unless you're a massive LOTR fan. Second episode is much better and the pacing picks up considerably.
Massive LOTR fan. I didn't mind the first episode. About to binge through now. The sets are beautiful and I am enjoying it. To compare it to GoT is problematic I think. LOTR isn't necessarily and adult themed series, so it will always lack that edge.

Jorvan

All Star
Daps
Very strong start. I absolutely enjoyed the first two episodes, and I think this show will be well-received by anyone who loves fantasy, outside of some of the LOTR lore purist who are hell-bent on being whiny and miserable.

What was slow about it? I found the "calm before the storm" setups with the various characters refreshing. It's annoying when fantasy stories just rush into the action with no build up or world-building.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
They did the same thing House of the Dragon did: first episode, no title sequence, second episode had a title sequence and theme from Howard Shore. I was hoping we'd get something from Shore. This was like some Obi-Wan Kenobi shyt with John Williams coming outta retirement to score the title sequence. Ludwig Goransson did the same thing with The Book of Boba Fett. But I'll take Bear McCreary tho. If u ever played God of War then you'd know that he had that Lord of the Rings sound already down. That Kazad-dum theme was dope.

I got no use for the Brandyfoots and their quadroon aboriginal daughter.

I've seen the dude who plays Elrond in Behind Her Eyes and I did not like him in that show. I don't mind him in this so far tho :manny:

I like Galadriel so far and found myself waiting for her to pop up more.

Brehgolas / Hombrehgolas was cool.

That lil Attack of the Clones Boba Fett Sauron bringing demon child is gon fukk Middle Earth straight to the Void.

Durin IV seemed like he's been in the LOTR universe since the beginning. He woulda fit right in in Fellowship or one of them Hobbit movies flawlessly. Peter Mullan showing up as his pops brought some much needed gravitas. Matter fact, the dwarf sequences seemed like the most authentic scenes and the truest to the LOTR.

I liked the transistions from the maps to the real world, especially the transition from the Sundering Seas with the map title being swallowed up by the waves in the water.

I'm not gon compare this show with House of the Dragon in terms of content. I liked GOT and LOTR a lot. House of the Dragon grabbed me right away and is must watch. This didn't that. I mean, the prelude of episode one did, but that subsided. I wasn't engaged with these episodes like I was with LOTR, HOTD or GOT. Who knows? It might just be a lil bit of a slower starter.