Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
Is this the best looking show of all time? HDR and atmos on peak level. This show looks like its price tag

That supposed intro posted earlier was bullshyt
It really is the best thing I’ve seen to showcase OLED Dolby vision features…downside is given how clearly they are shown, one cannot unsee how most of the teeth are yellow or rotten, even some of the elves got them.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Damn this show looks amazing
You can tell the difference with how the budget went into this vs some of the Marvel shows

Tyrantus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was lukewarm on it, but after watching the first episode I'm in. This show looks amazing.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Watched ep 1, was good but some of the dialogue....ooof.

"This place is so evil that our torched won't warm us" don't know why but that shyt had me rolling. :mjlol:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Watching now (ep 1)
Show has come alive with the Hobbits .

Its possible the Elves just arent interesting as lead characters.
But why, is my question. I'm a Tolkien nerd and don't get the pre-hate. nikkas that know me on this forum know I don't hype up shyt like that. Ok, minus HBO, but I ain't even done that in a bit :pachaha:
Show might be bad (idk) but yea I hate the "Its bad cause its woke" takes all over youtube and twitter about everything. shyts bad cause its bad.

Its almost like they blame worse writing and directing because "black person in the corner talking" :why:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This is maybe the most beautiful production I've ever seen for a tv show.

However, I think I'd sacrifice 10 or 20 million to get stronger actors. Ian McKellan, Andy Serkis, etc etc helped sell the shyt out of those Lord of the Rings films

Edit: To be fair Game of Thrones hired a lot of unknowns who turned out great. Some of it is just luck of casting. However, those characters also had great established material to draw from. Not figure it out as they go.