Lord Jamar DEMOLISHES KRS-One's claim of Latinos pioneering Hip-Hop

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Herc didnt originate either so whats your point

And your right, HERC HAS BEEN VOCAL ABOUT WHAT HE DID...................................Which is where the major red flag comes from in the first place, with observers switching up the narrative

Whole top to bottom fictions have been created around herc. The sound sytems,jamaican origins, breaks, toasting ,the first hip hop party etc

Cmon breh :mjlol:

FACTS!

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Herc didnt originate either so whats your point

And your right, HERC HAS BEEN VOCAL ABOUT WHAT HE DID...................................Which is where the major red flag comes from in the first place, with observers switching up the narrative

Whole top to bottom fictions have been created around herc. The sound sytems,jamaican origins, breaks, toasting ,the first hip hop party etc

Cmon breh :mjlol:

Bro, if Herc was just biggin' himself up all day about his influence, that would be another story. I don’t care about documentaries and articles written by outside third parties, and voicing their opinion. I want to hear from the people that were actually there. The founders and pioneers who witnessed sh*t in real-time. Not cacs and random nobodies doing "research" and throwing their own opinion out on sh*t they weren't there for. When I was at Def Jam, I spent a lot of time building with Caz. His stories always went back to Herc being the one. Every other legend I've known who was around back then, same story.

So for 50+ years, Caz, Flash, Bam, Coke, Red Alert, and all the other OG's who saw it happen as it was happening, credit Herc. Point blank. This isn't about who "invented" breakdancing. That was being done during slavery. It's not about discovery. What it is about, is who took elements pre-Hip-Hop and brought them together to create an entire culture. We all know that's Herc.

I get the hoteps want to rewrite sh*t. That's what hoteps do. But that's not gonna change the history or any of the stories of the people who saw the culture actually shift to what it is today. So we can go back and forth all day about this, but I'm only going with what the actual legends who were there in person say. Y'all can keep the opinions and articles written by coffee shop cacs and weirdos to yourself, lol. That's never gonna fly. It never has.

Last edited:

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
That's what the entire Herc myth is based on, you just don't know your HipHop history

He wasn't the first to do that

Herc is credited with looping breaks and in order to loop breaks on 2 turns with 2 copies of the same record, you have to cut

You clearly have trouble reading. So I'll write it again, so maybe someone in the room with you can tell you what's on the screen.

I said Herc was playing breaks, not cutting them. I didn't say he was the first. I said he was the first to go break to break to keep them continuing in what he calls his "five minute loop of fury". He was the one playing records for breaks that no one ever heard before. Which is why he would cover his labels, so people couldn't see the record titles. Flash and all the OG's credit him with being the first to do that. So Flash and everyone else is lying now too? The pioneers don’t know their own history?

And no, you do NOT have to cut to play breaks back to back. You do that with blending. You have clearly never been on turntables a day in your life. HAHA! Cutting has absolutely nothing to do with playing records back to back. Herc was using tables that didn't even have faders early on. How TF was he gonna cut records? It's wild to see outsiders trying to speak on sh*t they really don’t have a clue about. Stick to watching YouTube videos, fam. You don’t know a thing about this or even the history of this culture. That's clear.

And you should never speak on Hip Hop again, after saying that Herc didn't have any skills. Yet, dude has inspired generations of legendary DJ's. Y'all dudes from outside the culture are way too comfortable speaking on it. With no knowledge.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
You clearly have trouble reading. So I'll write it again, so maybe someone in the room with you can tell you what's on the screen.

I said Herc was playing breaks, not cutting them. I didn't say he was the first. I said he was the first to go break to break to keep them continuing in what he calls his "five minute loop of fury". He was the one playing records for breaks that no one ever heard before. Which is why he would cover his labels, so people couldn't see the record titles. Flash and all the OG's credit him with being the first to do that. So Flash and everyone else is lying now too? The pioneers don’t know their own history?

And no, you do NOT have to cut to play breaks back to back. You do that with blending. You have clearly never been on turntables a day in your life. HAHA! Cutting has absolutely nothing to do with playing records back to back. Herc was using tables that didn't even have faders early on. How TF was he gonna cut records? It's wild to see outsiders trying to speak on sh*t they really don’t have a clue about. Stick to watching YouTube videos, fam. You don’t know a thing about this or even the history of this culture. That's clear.

And you should never speak on Hip Hop again, after saying that Herc didn't have any skills. Yet, dude has inspired generations of legendary DJ's. Y'all dudes from outside the culture are way too comfortable speaking on it. With no knowledge.

That Ether

:whew:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Bro, if Herc was just biggin' himself up all day about his influence, that would be another story. I don’t care about documentaries and articles written by outside third parties, and voicing their opinion. I want to hear from the people that were actually there. The founders and pioneers who witnessed sh*t in real-time. Not cacs and random nobodies doing "research" and throwing their own opinion out on sh*t they weren't there for. When I was at Def Jam, I spent a lot of time building with Caz. His stories always went back to Herc being the one. Every other legend I've known who was around back then, same story.

So for 50+ years, Caz, Flash, Bam, Coke, Red Alert, and all the other OG's who saw it happen as it was happening, credit Herc. Point blank. This isn't about who "invented" breakdancing. That was being done during slavery. It's not about discovery. What it is about, is who took elements pre-Hip-Hop and brought them together to create an entire culture. We all know that's Herc.

I get the hoteps want to rewrite sh*t. That's what hoteps do. But that's not gonna change the history or any of the stories of the people who saw the culture actually shift to what it is today. So we can go back and forth all day about this, but I'm only going with what the actual legends who were there in person say. Y'all can keep the opinions and articles written by coffee shop cacs and weirdos to yourself, lol. That's never gonna fly. It never has.

:snoop:

this is 100% completely wrong … if anything

Bam was the one who identified and cultivated the elements into becoming a culture

Bam was the one who named the culture hip-hop via DJ Sinbad/Lovebug Starski

listen , i’m not trying to take anything away from Herc he should get his rightfully respect as he deserves, but you are trying to give him damn near all the credit which is disturbing

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY

To the first in bold- Thats exactly what microphone check is :why: . Literally the only documentary to have successfully done that, on a high level. You're babbling in circles at this point

To the second- If anything "hoteps" are the ones who would rather go with the false romanticized version of hip hop origins, not the black american one

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
What's this argument about? I thought it been established already that Hip Hop as a culture was a black American culture with black American roots participated in and contributed by others.

Yeah, we got that part established.

But now dudes are saying Kool Herc wasn't skilled, was wack on the turntables and is overhyped. It turned into the Idiot Hour in here.

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
To the first in bold- Thats exactly what microphone check is :why: . Literally the only documentary to have successfully done that, on a high level. You're babbling in circles at this point

To the second- If anything "hoteps" are the ones who would rather go with the false romanticized version of hip hop origins, not the black american one

Bro, leave it alone.

The OG's and pioneers who were there are way more certified than any hotep research you can Google. History ain't changing because you don’t like the stories the founders tell. Have some respect and chill with all this "the legends are lying" nonsense. You wildin'.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Bro, leave it alone.

The OG's and pioneers who were there are way more certified than any hotep research you can Google. History ain't changing because you don’t like the stories the founders tell. Have some respect and chill with all this "the legends are lying" nonsense. You wildin'.

My dude, let me explain something to you. You are going back and forth with posters who do this thing where if you don't 1) Co sign everything IllmaticDelta says even when he's wrong, trolling, bullshytting,lying or playing dumb or 2) if you don't suck "Mr Kool Herc started Hip Hop tweet in 2018" Tariq Nasheeds dikk, they will gang up on you and just negate anything & everything you say. You will never get a resolve or see any middle ground with these phonys. Everything you say will be wrong even when you are right and they will just go in circles. They will ignore any excellent points you make and never admit you made a good point. Tariqs documentary had discrepancies that even the '71 Youtube channel called out but they ignore that to continue praising his documentary as the end all be all. And most in this thread never even saw the documentary. You're going back and forth with dikk riders who don't care about building on hip hop history, they just wanna say the opposite of anything you say because you didn't co sign IllmaticDelta or you don't wanna suck Tariq Nasheeds dikk. Trust me, I been on the road you are currently on and it's the same hitchhikers every time.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Bro, leave it alone.

let me try something different:snoop:

THE DOCUMENTARY MICROPHONE CHECK WAS FULL OF ORIGINAL PIONEERS WHO CORRECTED THE RECORD. NO GOOGLE SEARCH OR HOTEP shyt. SO YOUR ARGUMENT DOESNT HOLD ANY WEIGHT

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
let me try something different:snoop:

THE DOCUMENTARY MICROPHONE CHECK WAS FULL OF ORIGINAL PIONEERS WHO CORRECTED THE RECORD. NO GOOGLE SEARCH OR HOTEP shyt. SO YOUR ARGUMENT DOESNT HOLD ANY WEIGHT

Fam, increasing the font size in bold isn't changing the nonsensical message.

You need to just leave that one alone, lol. You're wasting your time.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
My dude, let me explain something to you. You are going back and forth with posters who do this thing where if you don't 1) Co sign everything IllmaticDelta says even when he's wrong, trolling, bullshytting,lying or playing dumb or 2) if you don't suck "Mr Kool Herc started Hip Hop tweet in 2018" Tariq Nasheeds dikk, they will gang up on you and just negate anything & everything you say. You will never get a resolve or see any middle ground with these phonys. Everything you say will be wrong even when you are right and they will just go in circles. They will ignore any excellent points you make and never admit you made a good point. Tariqs documentary had discrepancies that even the '71 Youtube channel called out but they ignore that to continue praising his documentary as the end all be all. And most in this thread never even saw the documentary. You're going back and forth with dikk riders who don't care about building on hip hop history, they just wanna say the opposite of anything you say because you didn't co sign IllmaticDelta or you don't wanna suck Tariq Nasheeds dikk. Trust me, I been on the road you are currently on and it's the same hitchhikers every time.
yes as far as "believe me bro" history and non sensical arguments, your actually right you and him walk down the same yellow brick road