Lord Jamar DEMOLISHES KRS-One's claim of Latinos pioneering Hip-Hop

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
There is no way you're this slow.

The "merry-go-round" was when Herc would take breaks and extend them for minutes by playing just those parts of the record and switching from break to break in his parties. He called that his "five minute LOOP of fury". He wasn't cutting records, he was just playing the breaks back to back. How do you not know this after all of your Googling?

BTW, Smokey is older than Herc. And he calls Herc "the master" and says Hip Hop started with Herc. You need to do your homework and stop just posting random videos you don’t even watch.

200w.gif

except he NEVER attempted this until like 1975/1976:mjpls: but he's credited as doing that in 1973!!

this is why Flash is like when they attribute certain dj things to Herc:childplease:

even Raheim said Herc wasn't doing none of that:pachaha:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I take it you haven’t seen microphone check:francis:

Literally the “pioneers” saying otherwise and is the only documentary of its kind in existence

I have.

And Tariq wasn't there either. That doc speaks on the so-called "hidden" history of the game that conspiracy theorists want you to believe about the culture. And in that one, you won't see any of the people I've mentioned in this thread speak about Herc not being the one. I don’t get my knowledge from people who weren't there or from docs made by people who weren't there. There's millions of interviews with the founders and pioneers speaking on the history. But weirdos would rather ignore all of that and then grab a random comments by outsiders and act like that's the new gospel. Doesn't work that way. The OG's who were there and are certified have the credibility. That's who the culture stands with.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
You're in here having a conversation with yourself at this point, bro.

It's clear you're being selective with what you post, and you're not even reading the millions of articles you're copying and pasting. No one said dude started playing records or breaks. You've been responding to sh*t that nobody's said since you started in this thread. And ignoring facts that people have been posting. Just throwing wild random sh*t in the thread that doesn't change the history or even speak on what dudes are saying in here. Stay off of Google and actually spend time doing the knowledge on the topics you're mad thirsty to be a part of. Because right now, you're looking very remedial. LOL!!

Dude, that's literally Herc's claim to fame as the so-called "Start of HipHop"

^straight
giphy.gif

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
except he NEVER attempted this until like 1975/1976:mjpls: but he's credited as doing that in 1973!!

this is why Flash is like when they attribute certain dj things to Herc:childplease:

even Raheim said Herc wasn't doing none of that:pachaha:

Dude, Herc and Flash were two different kinds of DJ's.

Nobody ever said that Herc did what Flash would end up doing later. We all know Herc wasn't up there cutting. But Flash will tell you that Herc was his inspiration too. He always speaks on being inspired by the Herculoids. Which was Flash's crew.

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Dude, that's literally Herc's claim to fame as the so-called "Start of HipHop"

^straight

No. That's what you're finding in your weird manic Google searching. :mjlol:

His claim to fame was playing breaks back to back. There is a MAD difference between playing breaks and actually cutting breaks, fam. Again, you REALLY need to do your homework.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
No. That's what you're finding in your weird manic Google searching. :mjlol:

His claim to fame was playing breaks back to back. There is a MAD difference between playing breaks and actually cutting breaks, fam. Again, you REALLY need to do your homework.

His claim to fame was that he isolated the break of a record and then looped it on 2 turns for bboys. This is HipHop History 101:comeon:

Clive Campbell (born April 16, 1955), better known by his stage name DJ Kool Herc, is a Jamaican American DJ who is credited with being one of the founders of hip hop music in the Bronx, New York City, in 1973. Nicknamed the Father of Hip-Hop, Campbell began playing hard funk records of the sort typified by James Brown. Campbell began to isolate the instrumental portion of the record which emphasized the drum beat—the "break"—and switch from one break to another. Using the same two-turntable set-up of disco DJs, he used two copies of the same record to elongate the break. This breakbeat DJing, using funky drum solos, formed the basis of hip hop music. Campbell's announcements and exhortations to dancers helped lead to the syncopated, rhythmically spoken accompaniment now known as rapping.

93016279_3037379712950661_7517148853489893376_n.jpg

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Dude, Herc and Flash were two different kinds of DJ's.

DUH!! Herc wasn't any kind of skilled DJ

Nobody ever said that Herc did what Flash would end up doing later. We all know Herc wasn't up there cutting. But Flash will tell you that Herc was his inspiration too. He always speaks on being inspired by the Herculoids. Which was Flash's crew.

see my last post

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
His claim to fame was that he isolated the break of a record and then looped it on 2 turns for bboys. This is HipHop History 101:comeon:

Dude, that's what cac journalists are saying. In these weird articles you're Googling.

That's not his "claim to fame". Stop posting what third party outsiders are saying about Hip Hop. This is about what the actual people who were there are saying. Nobody cares about NPR and Rolling Stone articles. LOL!! Herc has always been vocal about what he did.

Playing breaks is what he did. He wasn't cutting breaks. So either English isn't your first language, or you're just trolling. But you know damn well what the founders credit him with.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
In this same talk with them, bro clearly states that everything with him and his OG's started with Herc, lol. All of the founders credit dude. No one said he was the first DJ ever. They clearly credit him with founding Hip Hop as a culture and a whole. Not that he invented breaking or deejaying. These are his contemporaries. We all know what they credit him for. So any interview any of us can pull up from any founder or pioneer, you won't find one saying otherwise about Herc. Anywhere. Because they all give him the respect he deserves as being the father of this.

He literally says that Herc was the one that started it and Smokey gets on the phone and says that Herc is "the master". If you check his other interviews, he says the same thing. He even goes as far as to say all the other pioneers "followed Herc's lead" and that "there is no Hip Hop today the way we see it, without Herc". Go to any interview with DXT and Smoke, they say the same. Check any interview with Caz, Red Alert, Raheim, or anyone from that era. They all the say the same.

None of us were there. But they were. So we're gonna start calling the founders and OG's liars now? This is what I meant by respecting the people that were actually there. There isn't one interview with any legend where they would dare not mention Herc and say he wasn't the one. So why are people who weren't even there, or even born yet mad comfortable with discrediting the people who would know best? Sh*t is comical. And wild disrespectful.

breh
did you actually watch the clip that I posted because literally DXT says to smokey who’s on the phone - that he(DXT) was down with him(Smokey) & his brother … where are u getting this DXT being under Herc from ? and for the record Smokey & the Smoketrons pre date Herc & the Hercalords

and u keep saying all the pioneers and people who were there seem to place Herc as the father of the culture - but when I posted the YouTube channel, Michael Wayne TV aka the culture since 71 … you completely skipped over & ignored that
Because that channel for 12 or even 13 years has been debunking the so-called founding father of the culture (and I’m pretty much sure you’re familiar with the channel. If not, then my bad …. if so, then tell me honestly what do you think about it?)

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
I have.

And Tariq wasn't there either. That doc speaks on the so-called "hidden" history of the game that conspiracy theorists want you to believe about the culture. And in that one, you won't see any of the people I've mentioned in this thread speak about Herc not being the one. I don’t get my knowledge from people who weren't there or from docs made by people who weren't there. There's millions of interviews with the founders and pioneers speaking on the history. But weirdos would rather ignore all of that and then grab a random comments by outsiders and act like that's the new gospel. Doesn't work that way. The OG's who were there and are certified have the credibility. That's who the culture stands with.
what part of the "pioneers" were in that documentary do you not understand. You act like it was a one man show with tariq doing all the talking

Tariq himself is irrelevant to the actual truth in that documentary

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Dude, that's what cac journalists are saying. In these weird articles you're Googling.

That's not his "claim to fame". Stop posting what third party outsiders are saying about Hip Hop. This is about what the actual people who were there are saying. Nobody cares about NPR and Rolling Stone articles. LOL!! Herc has always been vocal about what he did.

Playing breaks is what he did. He wasn't cutting breaks. So either English isn't your first language, or you're just trolling. But you know damn well what the founders credit him with.
Herc didnt originate either so whats your point

And your right, HERC HAS BEEN VOCAL ABOUT WHAT HE DID...................................Which is where the major red flag comes from in the first place, with observers switching up the narrative

Whole top to bottom fictions have been created around herc. The sound sytems,jamaican origins, breaks, toasting ,the first hip hop party etc

Cmon breh :mjlol:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

That's what the entire Herc myth is based on, you just don't know your HipHop history

Playing breaks is what he did.

He wasn't the first to do that

He wasn't cutting breaks. So either English isn't your first language, or you're just trolling. But you know damn well what the founders credit him with.

Herc is credited with looping breaks and in order to loop breaks on 2 turns with 2 copies of the same record, you have to cut