Lord Jamar DEMOLISHES KRS-One's claim of Latinos pioneering Hip-Hop

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Stop spreading LIES.

People can't have a serious discussion for shyt.

:stopitslime:

Get this clown the fukk out of the thread. He has the nerve to talk about having a "serious discussion" and tellling others to "stop spreading lies" when this clown has called me a ;white Latino.' Just made this nonsense up and stood on it.

To everyone who dapped this post

This poster is a white hispanic

He called me a white Latino and if u follow the link and see I responded by posting a hand pic showing a very brown hand, instead of being humble and admitting to being wrong he switched it up and called me Dominican. GTFOH

@Plankton ain't black.

He's some mentally deranged Dominican fakkit.

:camby:

GTFOH

Anyone who just makes up lies and stands on it even after being corrected should not be taken serious when having a serious discussion. This clown does not have any credibility.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Question for all you outsider non-New York, online pseudo-Hip Hop historians trying to rewrite 50-year old history. If Herc isn’t the founder, then WHO is?

I’ll wait.

In all actuality, it wasn't started by a single person because it emerged out of already pre-existing AfroAmerican cultural traits/practices which consisted of:

dressing style

verbal-oral traditions

the music

the dance

the street knowledge

in summary:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
In all actuality, it wasn't started by a single person because it emerged out of already pre-existing AfroAmerican cultural traits/practices which consisted of:

dressing style

verbal-oral traditions

the music

the dance

the street knowledge

in summary:

Yeah, the idea an entire genre of music was created by 1 person is pretty unrealistic.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
In all actuality, it wasn't started by a single person because it emerged out of already pre-existing AfroAmerican cultural traits/practices which consisted of:.

the street knowledge

No. You are not going to spread this lie. The 5% influence was not influential on the origin of hip hop. That didn't happen till hip hops "development" not it's "birth." The video you posted even says "Golden Age" and the Golden Age doesn't start till the mid/late 80s. I actually got my 1 - 10s in 1994 having actually gone to the school and being handed the lessons in person. The school is in Harlem.The influence across the city itself was not on that level by the early 70s. The Supreme Wisdom is used by both the NOI and the 5% and Malcolm X and Muhammad Ali had more of an influence on the streets to the point that the NOIs influence would be bigger then the 5%. So you telling this lie as if the 5% influence had this big contribution to early 70s hip hop while totally ignoring the NOI is wrong. And there is nothing in that video you posted that says otherwise. This is where you not being from NYC backfires on you because you can't experience NYC culture from watching a bunch of videos.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
No. You are not going to spread this lie. The 5% influence was not influential on the origin of hip hop. That didn't happen till hip hops "development" not it's "birth." The video you posted even says "Golden Age" and the Golden Age doesn't start till the mid/late 80s. I actually got my 1 - 10s in 1994 having actually gone to the school and being handed the lessons in person. The school is in Harlem.The influence across the city itself was not on that level by the early 70s. The Supreme Wisdom is used by both the NOI and the 5% and Malcolm X and Muhammad Ali had more of an influence on the streets to the point that the NOIs influence would be bigger then the 5%. So you telling this lie as if the 5% influence had this big contribution to early 70s hip hop while totally ignoring the NOI is wrong. And there is nothing in that video you posted that says otherwise. This is where you not being from NYC backfires on you because you can't experience NYC culture from watching a bunch of videos.

It was there along with NOI influences from the start

tFOozcB.png

4s0vwF8.jpeg

uFg1G05.png

ARfDjYx.jpeg

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
It was there along with NOI influences from the start

:stopitslime:

Now u playing games. You cut and pasted this but you left in the beginning:

Whatever book you u got that from is acknowledging Maat which is Metu Neter/Ancient Egyptian not Islam or NOI or 5% so they are obviously acknowledging all the spitritual influences on Black Counsessness. You cut and pasted the little part with Hip Hop at the end when it is obvious that is a reference to Black Consciousness because there is no reason for Maat to be in that mix with Islam or the NOI because even the Ancient Egyptian influence was sporadic within Hip Hop culture and we didn't start to see that till the late 80's. Are you gonna truy to tell me next that the Metu Neter was there in the origin of Hip Hop as well? :comeon:

Now this part right here really bit you in the ass:

This article has absolutly nothing to do with 5% influence on Breakbeats and BBoying. The true origins of Hip Hop. It only speaks of 5%ers being at the partys. And it also says that Kool Herc kicked it with 5%'ers. You tried it tho. You put that fluff in there as a distraction like you always do.

The cultural impact of the 5% influence itself wasn't really a thing until the mid/late 80's like I said. With the likes of Rakim, Kane, Just Ice and Lakim Shabazz. Even the part where the article u posted speaks on the "slang" they use the term "dropping science." Marly Marl and Craig dropped the song "Dropping Science" in 1988. Because that 5% slang stuff was a mid/late 80's thing in Hip Hop. You don't really here that slang in early 80's Hip Hop records. FACTS.

Prior to the that biggest spiritual influence in the early 80's came from The Zulu Nation which implimented various aspects of African and Religious influences including Islam/NOI/5% but not just secluded to Islam/NOI/5%.

But

You said Hip Hop "In all actuality, it wasn't started by a single person" and then you used a video about the 5% being the "street knowledge" as a reference to "pre-existing AfroAmerican cultural trait/practice" .......but now u are posting a reference to Kool Herc being the mediator between "5% slang and science. " :mjlol:

The very article u posted used Kool Herc as the starting point. That would contradict what you said about it not being started by a single person. The article YOU posted is basically saying if it wasn;t for Kool Herc there would be no Hip Hop for the 5% to later influence.

:sas2:

Atleast you admitted the NOI's influence on the streets......I'll give u that much but I had to say it for u to acknowledge it.

Shahcronz

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any essentialist arguments in this context are nonsense. Hip Hop is obviously mostly african American. But without there being the urban Environment they were in there's no Hip Hop as it happened, that includes caribean influences, wich are technically afroamerican too.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
:mjlol:

Lord Jamar is like Tariq Nasheed were those old tweets acknowledging Kool Herc are coming back to haunt his contradiction. This is just another reason why I originally said Lord Jamar isn't the go to guy for this topic.

Sees the year 2016

What part of “that’s a stupid talking point” do you not understand :gucci:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Any essentialist arguments in this context are nonsense. Hip Hop is obviously mostly african American. But without there being the urban Environment they were in there's no Hip Hop as it happened, that includes caribean influences, wich are technically afroamerican too.
What are those influences

Just a bunch of people just saying anything

No matter the ethnic background they were all using a fba based music operating system

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom

I told you a while back to put me on ignore and never alert me because you don't know anything about Hip Hop.

"Stupid talking point this, stupid talking point that." meanwhile I watched you co sign lies and misinformation on numerous occasions. :camby:

You do that "I'm gonna just dap anything said against him" nonsense and you never add anything to the convo. I don't respect your opinion nor do I respect you as a poster. I'm asking you nicely again....Please put me on ignore and never alert me again. Thank you.

And this is my last comment ever towards you. I will never respond to you again ever, no matter what thread or topic.

*Edit
Matter fact, I'll put you on ignore myself , that way I never see any of your comments again. Done. :ehh:

Last edited: