Look I'm a straight drank-a-holic and I'm sipping my last drink as we speak.

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
I've done 3 weeks straight of only drinking Saturday and lightly on Sunday. HUGE step for me as a former daily drinker! I never wanted to stop drinking completely I just wanted to stop the daily cycle. Hopefully I can keep this going, I feel healthier and have lost some of that alcohol weight. :takedat:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
College student who was drinking heavily.

I quit because I started to feel off and i realized my decision making became illogical. Felt like I was also getting close to becoming crazy.

first week of quitting was scary af. It was a 24/7 issue where I had a headache feeling like I was about to have a seizure.

I’m way better than what I was even tho sometimes I feel shytty still, just not as bad and scary. Around 20 days so I’m close to a full month of no booze.

I will never sip again yo.

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

I quit because I started to feel off and i realized my decision making became illogical. Felt like I was also getting close to becoming crazy.

first week of quitting was scary af. It was a 24/7 issue where I had a headache feeling like I was about to have a seizure.

I’m way better than what I was even tho sometimes I feel shytty still, just not as bad and scary. Around 20 days so I’m close to a full month of no booze.

Just take it one day at a time brother.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Keep it up.

Bout 3 years ago, I drank literally 2 beers at this bar I always went to. Now the beer was like 10%, ended throwing up going home. Felt queasy for like 2 weeks straight.

After that was never a real drinker again. Other then the occasional wine and by occasional maybe like once every 3/4 months. Best thing I ever did

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Keep it up.

Bout 3 years ago, I drank literally 2 beers at this bar I always went to. Now the beer was like 10%, ended throwing up going home. Felt queasy for like 2 weeks straight.

After that was never a real drinker again. Other then the occasional wine and by occasional maybe like once every 3/4 months. Best thing I ever did
I used to LOVE beer. Out of nowhere, I got fat as fukk to the point I became obese levels. I could drink 12 beers at a bar, order some pizza and eat the entire thing that night by myself. This shyt was a weekend weekly ritual. I never got any bad side effects from the abusive beer consumption besides obtaining rolls and man titties.

I said fukk that shyt and lost so much weight and haven’t had a beer in months. Even though I ate clean, I still wanted to drink so I switched over to hard liquor on my weekly adventures. If you needed someone to drink and smoke with then I’d be your guy. Throw half on a bottle with you before we go out to drink at the bars. The lifestyle was smooth at first with no problem.

shyt was hitting me hard the last few months out of nowhere. My words would slur and sometimes I couldn’t even pronounce shyt. I’d have memory loss. I often lost my train of thought. Anxiety was at an all-time high. I couldn't even control my blinking. The drinking has even given me major ED. Like I said earlier, shyt was starting to make me crazy so I was doing wild shyt in person and posting outlandish shyt on social media. But for the life of me, I could not connect my misfortunes with my drinking. I guess I got no choice but to call it a blind spot.

I love the drinking culture more than I love actually drinking. Yeah, there's a lot of negatives that come with drinking but when shyt is right and you're around the right people it's a great time. I think it's a great way for people who have absolutely nothing in common to become buddies. You might be of a different race, gender, or from a culture that no one in your area can relate to. But we all can relate to enjoying getting fukked up and having a great night. I'm a sociable dude who loves making friends and most importantly I love going out talking to women. Drinking just came along with it and that shyt eventually caught up with me.

I thought I was a goner for sure in recent weeks with how I had been feeling. Reddit's subreddit on alcoholism scared the fukk out of me tho. There are people out here having major hallucinations and sweating through their bedsheets and a bunch of other wild shyt smh. I figured my pain of getting sober couldn't be any worse than that so I remained strong through the withdraws.

I still hang with my drinking buddies because I have to be in areas to talk to the ladies ya know?! At first, they thought that I was just going through some pretend phase but it seems to be that they have finally accepted I have changed my lifestyle.

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
Negative reinforcement worked as well.

My girl left some old shrimp alfredo that stunk and it was by the beer. I equate that smell with the beer every time I want a drink.

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/GA
:francis: this winter/covid fukked up my whole wave

i was sober from sept 2019- march 2020 when we started lock downs ... then sober again from july-nov just sticking with weed occasionally

was sober Jan. now its almost march and i fell off the wagon :francis:

Im so glad its getting warmer and sunny in the south sitting in the house trying to hop back on the wagon is hard af

Here's to another day 1 :ehh:

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:francis: this winter/covid fukked up my whole wave

i was sober from sept 2019- march 2020 when we started lock downs ... then sober again from july-nov just sticking with weed occasionally

was sober Jan. now its almost march and i fell off the wagon :francis:

Im so glad its getting warmer and sunny in the south sitting in the house trying to hop back on the wagon is hard af

Here's to another day 1 :ehh:

Good for getting back up and taking steps to get back! That is all that matters bro.:obama: