Look I'm a straight drank-a-holic and I'm sipping my last drink as we speak.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Anyone ever went to rehab? I've been offered a 30 day program to try to get sober.
I’ve been twice. The first time didn’t take and all I could think about was leaving the facility. I relapsed a few weeks later and I kept going further and further down, drinking all day, everyday. I realized I had a big problem when I noticed the shakes and always blacking out from getting obliterated every day. I wanted that to stop, so I checked into a 90 day rehab about 3 years ago. I wanted to be sober and took rehab seriously. I haven’t had a drink since. You gotta take rehab seriously, or it won’t take. If you fail once, don’t be too proud to go back to rehab. Sometimes the addiction is so strong that you need 2, 3 stays at a serious rehab facility. Don’t give up

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Anyone ever went to rehab? I've been offered a 30 day program to try to get sober.

yeah I checked myself in for 30. If you think the time away will help you start to really dive into why you are the way you are it’s good. It’s what you make of it. People think just showing up is where they are done working and the staff has to do it. Wrong!!!

I was ready to face the demons I had and rehab helped with that. It was the only way to free myself and begin my new transition. I dropped my work, wife, kids, etc at the drop of a hat. It was like being in jail a little but I’ve done time before so I adjusted.

some girls in their are straight horny though you gotta be careful. :lolbron:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I fell off the wagon last month after 10 months sober. I ended up drinking with the homies while fishing and I've been binge drinking everyday since. I'm drinking more now than before when I quit. I don't know what I have to do to stop again.
stop drinking slowly. Replace drinking with a CBD pill.

Alcohol is very dangerous and can kill you easily

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
Made it a month sober right before the election, got fukking hammered at a party that night and went on a couple week bender after that, culminating in me getting completely shytfaced on a work Wednesday and pissing off my wife:snoop:
Now I'm close to another month and I'm done for good, been reading Quit Lit, even considering meetings just for some accountability. The WILD thing is you can probably track my downfall, I was allllll up in the beer snobs thread:to:

I just crush sparkling water and I might start buying some of those sober Mocktail kits or zero alcohol beers just to switch things up.

:salute:to anyone trying to sober up though, you don't notice how much drinking ads and shyt is out there until you're on the other side.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
I fell off the wagon last month after 10 months sober. I ended up drinking with the homies while fishing and I've been binge drinking everyday since. I'm drinking more now than before when I quit. I don't know what I have to do to stop again.

I think that I might’ve drank maybe a total of three times this year. I’d consider myself a “social drinker”. I just don’t really like it. Not only does it lead me to making bad decisions, I also hate the feeling when I wake up the next day. All dehydrated, depressed, and with a headache.

Some of you brehs should try taking KRATOM. I’ve heard of it helping brehs abstain from alcohol and opioids. It’s legal and all of that.
:ehh:

Last edited:

lespaulultra3

All Star
Daps
I’ve been twice. The first time didn’t take and all I could think about was leaving the facility. I relapsed a few weeks later and I kept going further and further down, drinking all day, everyday. I realized I had a big problem when I noticed the shakes and always blacking out from getting obliterated every day. I wanted that to stop, so I checked into a 90 day rehab about 3 years ago. I wanted to be sober and took rehab seriously. I haven’t had a drink since. You gotta take rehab seriously, or it won’t take. If you fail once, don’t be too proud to go back to rehab. Sometimes the addiction is so strong that you need 2, 3 stays at a serious rehab facility. Don’t give up

Man I wish I could go for 90 but it's hard to take that amount of time away from my wife and kids. Even now, I want to check in to the 30 day program but then I would miss Christmas and New years with my family. That's good that it worked for you. How long has it been since you got out? Was your day pretty structured where they have classes and you eat at a certain time etc....

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Man I wish I could go for 90 but it's hard to take that amount of time away from my wife and kids. Even now, I want to check in to the 30 day program but then I would miss Christmas and New years with my family. That's good that it worked for you. How long has it been since you got out? Was your day pretty structured where they have classes and you eat at a certain time etc....
Well, another way of looking at it is, you’re taking time away from your kids by drinking excessively. Would you be a better husband or father if you stopped drinking? I don’t know the specifics of your issues, but it might be time to ask yourself the question.

There is no good time to go to rehab. You’ll always find some reason why you can’t go.

Yeah, it’s very structured for the first 30 days. It sucks but is necessary. The following 60 you are less structured and have more freedom.

I’ve been out for like 2.5 years. It’s worked for me so far. If you want it to work, and you have an open mind about treatment, it can really change your life.

lespaulultra3

All Star
Daps
yeah I checked myself in for 30. If you think the time away will help you start to really dive into why you are the way you are it’s good. It’s what you make of it. People think just showing up is where they are done working and the staff has to do it. Wrong!!!

I was ready to face the demons I had and rehab helped with that. It was the only way to free myself and begin my new transition. I dropped my work, wife, kids, etc at the drop of a hat. It was like being in jail a little but I’ve done time before so I adjusted.

some girls in their are straight horny though you gotta be careful. :lolbron:

How old were your kids? Did your wife understand easily?

lespaulultra3

All Star
Daps
Well, another way of looking at it is, you’re taking time away from your kids by drinking excessively. Would you be a better husband or father if you stopped drinking? I don’t know the specifics of your issues, but it might be time to ask yourself the question.

There is no good time to go to rehab. You’ll always find some reason why you can’t go.

Yeah, it’s very structured for the first 30 days. It sucks but is necessary. The following 60 you are less structured and have more freedom.

I’ve been out for like 2.5 years. It’s worked for me so far. If you want it to work, and you have an open mind about treatment, it can really change your life.

That's really encouraging that it worked for you. My wife is onboard with me going so the last hurdle is myself and my kids. Since my relapse, I've been drinking everyday. It's hard to measure but if it's wine, it's minimum 3 bottles per day. If it's beer, it's usually 12-18 of IPAs. Liquor is minimum half liter per day. It's gotten to the point where I'm drinking and driving and drinking at work. I had a major outburst with a co-worker last week and I'm still ashamed about it. I made a complete ass of myself and nobody knows that I was drunk the whole time. Family life is deteriorating and I can barely remember things. What's fukked up is that when I drunk before, I was always cautious about where and when. I was conscious about not drinking at work although I did drink and drive. Now, it's like I don't give a fukk. I drink where ever I am. When I try to stop, I feel depressed and anxious. All I can think about is a drink. I'm jittery but once the bottle hits my mouth, all those feelings go away. That's how I know that I'm addicted to the idea of alcohol. Just drinking it makes me feel better even if I'm not drunk yet.

I don't know why it's so hard to quit this time. Last time, I walked away cold turkey and was fine. I was just reading the great Malcolm X's book again and I remembered how he walked away cold turkey from cigarettes like it was nothing. I wish I could just find that will power to walk away instead of having to admit myself to a facility.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
That's really encouraging that it worked for you. My wife is onboard with me going so the last hurdle is myself and my kids. Since my relapse, I've been drinking everyday. It's hard to measure but if it's wine, it's minimum 3 bottles per day. If it's beer, it's usually 12-18 of IPAs. Liquor is minimum half liter per day. It's gotten to the point where I'm drinking and driving and drinking at work. I had a major outburst with a co-worker last week and I'm still ashamed about it. I made a complete ass of myself and nobody knows that I was drunk the whole time. Family life is deteriorating and I can barely remember things. What's fukked up is that when I drunk before, I was always cautious about where and when. I was conscious about not drinking at work although I did drink and drive. Now, it's like I don't give a fukk. I drink where ever I am. When I try to stop, I feel depressed and anxious. All I can think about is a drink. I'm jittery but once the bottle hits my mouth, all those feelings go away. That's how I know that I'm addicted to the idea of alcohol. Just drinking it makes me feel better even if I'm not drunk yet.

I don't know why it's so hard to quit this time. Last time, I walked away cold turkey and was fine. I was just reading the great Malcolm X's book again and I remembered how he walked away cold turkey from cigarettes like it was nothing. I wish I could just find that will power to walk away instead of having to admit myself to a facility.
You can’t always quit alcohol cold turkey. Alcohol, along with benzos, is the only drug where the withdrawal can kill you. If you start shaking when you don’t drink, you are in dangerous territory. It could lead to a deadly seizure. I got to that point and I realized I needed help because I couldn’t stop drinking, even if I wanted to. I needed a medical detox (like most alcoholics at this stage).

Rehab is like going to school. You learn so much. Mainly, you critically look at your life and try to figure out what’s making you feel like you have to drink so much. Then you’ll also learn safe coping skills that don’t involve alcohol or drugs.

I wish you the best. Good luck, breh