Look I'm a straight drank-a-holic and I'm sipping my last drink as we speak.

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
Damn right nikka!
I ain't got no income. To busy drinking.:martin:
:dead:
Damn wtf was I doing...
100% true.

One drink and it's back to square 1.

That's where I have my doubts. I believe that I can still be a social drinker and not be an everyday drinker. My cousin just came into town from Chicago and he wants to meetup later at a lounge to have a drink and catch up. Is that a problem? I haven't had a drink since Monday so that's 4 days. I haven't been sober for 4 days in YEARS!!! If I have a drink with my cuz is it gonna throw me back to being an everyday drinker? I don't think so because I actually enjoyed taming the beast these last 4 days.:blessed:I'm DONE being a daily drinker! But shiiiid I'm not about to meetup with my cuz that I haven't seen in years and drink water :childplease:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
That's where I have my doubts. I believe that I can still be a social drinker and not be an everyday drinker. My cousin just came into town from Chicago and he wants to meetup later at a lounge to have a drink and catch up. Is that a problem? I haven't had a drink since Monday so that's 4 days. I haven't been sober for 4 days in YEARS!!! If I have a drink with my cuz is it gonna throw me back to being an everyday drinker? I don't think so because I actually enjoyed taming the beast these last 4 days.:blessed:I'm DONE being a daily drinker! But shiiiid I'm not about to meetup with my cuz that I haven't seen in years and drink water :childplease:

that one sip aint gonna be enough.

"shiiiiiiid I ain't een got a buzz yet! :gucci:"

then

":mjcry: man this shyt was stressful. gotta take the edge off"

then

":mjlit: bout to watch the game! kick back relax!"

then

":whew: Man, that was a long piss! :mjgrin: Time to Re-Up!"

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
You have 1 drink and get all pissed off :heh:
You said in the beginning you believe you can be a social drinker. Set a limit (a reasonable one :comeon:) that night and if you actually stick to it and dont get aggie, kudos. But you'll be catching up with fam, good luck stickin to your guns in that situation :hubie:
Controlled drinking ain't ever a good time :beli:

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels

then

then

then

Nah breh :whoa: I'm gonna enjoy the night and not stress over it. I've had a great week so I think I deserve a "treat". BTW if my cuz wasn't in town I wouldn't have anything at all. But since he is....it's cheat day :mjlit: But tomorrow, back to my no drink til bday mission! :obama:

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
You have 1 drink and get all pissed off :heh:
You said in the beginning you believe you can be a social drinker. Set a limit (a reasonable one :comeon:) that night and if you actually stick to it and dont get aggie, kudos. But you'll be catching up with fam, good luck stickin to your guns in that situation :hubie:
Controlled drinking ain't ever a good time :beli:

Exactly! I'm only having a couple drinks in the company of my fam and done. No stopping at the liquor store on the way home. No LIQUOR AT HOME! :damn:

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
Good luck to all the brehs trying to be more mindful of alcohol and the problems it brings :salute:

I have a lot of alcoholics in my family and I think most peoples worst moments in their lives or actions are 90% fueled by alcohol. You have a good time drinking at the beginning and then everytime after that is chasing that feeling again. It's a rabbit hole that is very hard to get out of. I don't have any tips because I've never had addiction problems like that but the only advice I have is never doubt the feelings you are having right now. If you are saying you need to quit or are in the process of quitting, trust that feeling. Your body and mind are trying to save itself. And don't worry about the labels that the world puts on you, find people who want to support YOU, not just your fight with alcohol. You may slip up and have a drink or have a bad day because you really want a drink, but don't let that convince you to not keep trying every day.

I don't like when people say "relapse". I know it's a technical term but I still think we should focus on the sobriety people have and try and keep them focused on that. If you're sober for a month and have a drink, don't give up all hope. You're 30 for 31, now start up another streak. I see a lot of people get down on themselves and a lot of their support turn on them when they have a relapse. Of course that's the last thing anybody wants, but the last thing an addict needs is a feeling of abandonment.

We're here for you brehs going through it.

Daps
Reppin
Hamburg, Germany
it is very dangerous stopping cold turkey, you can die from the delir Delirium tremens - Wikipedia. my brother is an alcoholic and he hits rehab they give him benzos to come down. i don't know how it is in america though, if your insurance covers all that etc.

edit: oh and better not start taking benzos by yourself, the withdrawl is the worst there is i heard

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
Good luck to all the brehs trying to be more mindful of alcohol and the problems it brings :salute:

I have a lot of alcoholics in my family and I think most peoples worst moments in their lives or actions are 90% fueled by alcohol. You have a good time drinking at the beginning and then everytime after that is chasing that feeling again. It's a rabbit hole that is very hard to get out of. I don't have any tips because I've never had addiction problems like that but the only advice I have is never doubt the feelings you are having right now. If you are saying you need to quit or are in the process of quitting, trust that feeling. Your body and mind are trying to save itself. And don't worry about the labels that the world puts on you, find people who want to support YOU, not just your fight with alcohol. You may slip up and have a drink or have a bad day because you really want a drink, but don't let that convince you to not keep trying every day.

I don't like when people say "relapse". I know it's a technical term but I still think we should focus on the sobriety people have and try and keep them focused on that. If you're sober for a month and have a drink, don't give up all hope. You're 30 for 31, now start up another streak. I see a lot of people get down on themselves and a lot of their support turn on them when they have a relapse. Of course that's the last thing anybody wants, but the last thing an addict needs is a feeling of abandonment.

We're here for you brehs going through it.

antm-crying-gif.gif

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Bro quit that shyt or at least cut down. I just found out my homeboy is in the hospital cause of drinking. He’s hardcore drinker going on drink binges. fukked up seeing him in the bed and the fukked up thing the nikka said he craving for a Budweiser. What a dumbass

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
That's where I have my doubts. I believe that I can still be a social drinker and not be an everyday drinker.
Good luck fam. I feel the same way (aka make the same rationalizations) as you. I still don't believe I have a problem.

But then again, all the hardcore addicts say something similar so...
:yeshrug:

I feel about "halfway woke".

I too haven't had a drink in 5 days. Worked my ass off all week, and feel I "deserve" a reward. I have a feeling I'm going to a drink today.
:pachaha:

I was able to quit drinking for 30 straight days earlier this year (I do that from time to time to test if I'm in control or not...same with weed). The wife kept on sipping though, and having friends over drinking so I was like fukk IT.
:martin:

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
I don't like when people say "relapse". I know it's a technical term but I still think we should focus on the sobriety people have and try and keep them focused on that.
#MeToo

To me, the "relapse" terminology focuses on failure and condemnation too much. That shyt just makes me want to say "fukk it then" and drink some more. Drinking that would NOT have happened if you said, "good job staying dry 30 out of 31 days, keep it up!"

That "relapse" and failure shyt reminds me of the same judgement and shaming from religion. That's why I didn't fukk with Christianity and the church, although I fukks with Jesus Christ.

Two opposing philosophies to accomplish the same outcome.
:jbhmm:

People like me are more motivated by support and positive reinforcement. Just like the Dog Whisperer trains dogs...that's how I get trained too. Positive reinforcement, not harsh punishment and shaming.
:salute:

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
After this weekend i'm joining in. I need to get a fresh start and hopefully this thread will help.
I wanna join in too but i got damn got too much booze at home now, ain't about to waste it, and i know it won't happen with it in arms reach.

Guess I'll have to go extra hard this weekend :jawalrus: and try for a break the following week.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro quit that shyt or at least cut down. I just found out my homeboy is in the hospital cause of drinking. He’s hardcore drinker going on drink binges. fukked up seeing him in the bed and the fukked up thing the nikka said he craving for a Budweiser. What a dumbass

My pop's close friend was in the hospital too cause he's drinking too much like everyday. His color pee was very brown and his eyes were very yellow/red, has liver disease. And he's still drinking shyt had me and my pop :what:

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA

then

then

then

Yeah that's about right.:mjlol:

It's also the beginning of the weekend bro.Thats enough of an excuse. At least for me.:troll: