Look I'm a straight drank-a-holic and I'm sipping my last drink as we speak.

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
There's this alcoholic dude at my job he takes the AA class in all, got busted for a DUI and had his truck and license taken out. He came in for work 6 days a week for a year straight and he was telling me how he didn't have a single drink during that time. Now he rarely comes in for any OT and he was telling me how he drinks after work everyday again. You don't have work 6 days a week but killing your free time with stuff to do really does work. You just gotta stay mentally strong after words and maintain.
Yeah man he wasn't lying to you. Putting in all those hours benefits you by not drinking so much, more $ in your pocket, and it looks good to your employer.:yeshrug:
I had been working for about 2 weeks and both of my superiors we're already talking to me about finishing my 90 day probation saying there would be a supervisor position open for me.:ehh:

Buuuuut they finally gave me a weekend off and I went to the liquor store. Let's just say I haven't stepped foot in that building since.:snoop:

Robo Squirrel

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
I did good until Saturday when I got into it with the wife. That shyt will send me to the store every time :yeshrug:

Then Sunday I went with her to a friends bday brunch (Bottomless mimosas) so since it was social I didn't feel bad drinking the mimosas. But that quickly took a turn when the friends boyfriend said "who wants a margarita I'm headed to the bar!" :francis:

I could've stopped there but we got home and it was still 4pm and I was buzzing. For me it's hard to stop when I've already started so I found myself at the store buying a pint of Stoli:snoop: So I'm starting again today!!!:damn:
:russ::russ::russ::russ:
A man I think it would be best we never end up kicking it because once these wheels start going their going baby!:lolbron:

It's very possible we could end up in Vegas don't even ask me how.:mjlol:

I will be out of a job and you possibly a marriage by the time the smoke clears.
:sadbron:

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Yeah man he wasn't lying to you. Putting in all those hours benefits you by not drinking so much, more $ in your pocket, and it looks good to your employer.:yeshrug:
I had been working for about 2 weeks and both of my superiors we're already talking to me about finishing my 90 day probation saying there would be a supervisor position open for me.:ehh:

Buuuuut they finally gave me a weekend off and I went to the liquor store. Let's just say I haven't stepped foot in that building since.:snoop:

Thats unfortunate breh, get into something over the weekend that keeps you busy. Something that has a set schedule that requires you to be there. Sometimes the thought of knowing somebody else is counting on you to be there is enough to make you think twice about getting drunk. Free time is the best friend of addiction.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Just my 2 pennies. I started cycling about 6 months ago. I usually cycle about 100-200 miles a week. This shyt is magical for your mental. shyt make you not want to drink when you have to get up at 4'oclock in the morning to meet a group for a ride. Plus you want to be in your best form so that drank gotta go. I even started eating better because I could see the gains when I eat clean.

josh_hartman_caro_original_29518.jpg

Robo Squirrel

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
Just my 2 pennies. I started cycling about 6 months ago. I usually cycle about 100-200 miles a week. This shyt is magical for your mental. shyt make you not want to drink when you have to get up at 4'oclock in the morning to meet a group for a ride. Plus you want to be in your best form so that drank gotta go. I even started eating better because I could see the gains when I eat clean.

josh_hartman_caro_original_29518.jpg
I have no problem eating healthy at all. I never for the life of me can understand why people act like the world is coming to an end because they have to cut back on them bacon burgers or fried chicken

Last edited:

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
CHECK IN TIME!

So yeah...I've been drinking pretty much everyday.
:francis:

Never enough to get toasted, but enough to "take the edge off". Around 32 oz of something 8%.

I know this shyt's a problem tbh, but it hasn't spiked up and bit me in the ass recently.

Again, I haven't smoked in several months...and since I've conditioned myself to relax and change my state using drugs, alcohol has stepped in for my blunt-a-day habit.

I'm pretty sure exercising regularly would help a ton (like many have said), but I've been on my 2 gig/no gym grind lately.

Where the rest of you cats at with YOUR testimony?

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just venting.
Brehs I don't drink every day ( 1-3 times a week) but 50% of the time I do I play up whether that be arguing/fighting with the Mrs/family , missing work (I've probably averaged 15 days a year over the last couple of years from hungover days off and that's a low estimate), drink driving in the past( been done twice and my current job requires me to have a license), and not to mention the effect on me mentally - depression etc. The times I don't play up is me trying my hardest and reminding my self all night to control myself, eating and sticking to time limits on each drink which I barely stick to. Even on those nights I HAVE to drink till I pass out which is considered a good night for me.
The problem is today I may realize everything alcohol causes and the importance of quitting for me but most likely when the weekend comes around my mind will block all this out and justify having a drink by either:
A: reminding myself of the couple times recently I've had a drink and not caused any issues . (usually ends up the time I play up as I get over confident)
B: or if I played up last time I use that as an excuse to prove to myself/family that I can control myself as long as I focus on it ( and I usually do stay out of trouble on this occasion).

I actually made a list in my phone of "all" the major fukups alcohol has caused in my life last time I tried to quit to remind myself when I get the urge but ended up deleting it as it was too embarrassing to read for myself.

This was actually kinda therapeutic putting thoughts to paper/screen so might add on later.

Good luck to all the brehs tryna stay sober.

Edit: just to add on for some context -
Last year I was able to quit a couple times for reasonable lengths of times(1-2 months). I've tried at least 3 times this year and lasted 2 weeks at the most on 1 or 2 occasions. Basically my drinkings getting worse, and it was already bad by the time I was 17 and I'm 31 now.

Another reason I'm writing all this out is lately I'll think of all legit reasons I need to quit and completely ignore all of it in a few days time as my mind convinces it self that I can actually control my drinking to justify not quitting.

Last edited:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Its not easy, so taking the advice of rando's online isn't beneficial, so obviously take it with a pinch of salt.

My best advice; Focus on another "healthy" addiction. Some people pick video games, comics, etc. Start small. Chew gum, eat a particular candy (I find that Jolly Ranchers hard candy is a good choice), and or binge watch documentaries and or tv shows. You're basically tricking your brain into needing a more powerful "fix". Whenever you get the need to drink, just supplement it with said candy and or show. Keep everything Pavlovian and you should be fine. The trick is to keep it up for a month, if you can get passed 3 weeks, you're golden.