Reppin
DM[V]

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This wasn’t the “scariest film of the decade” as the marketing billed it as but still a really effective one that will stay in my head for a while. Easily my #1 horror of the year so far, even though the genre’s been slackin’ lately.

Curious what Fincher thinks of this one. The way it’s shot felt cold like Zodiac and filled some of the void left behind from Mindhunter with the cat and mouse detective chase of it all. But the added occult dealings made it come across like a spiritual successor to Oz’s previous work in The Blackcoat’s Daughter. I’m a sucker for that stuff and the film was riding very high when those two blended together.

Credit where it’s due to the cryptic marketing, the shift to the third act took me by complete surprise. I hated to see Cage go, but I was intrigued with where they would take the film the rest of the way.

That being said…

I didn’t mind the double down with the supernatural element, but the way it goes about showcasing those flashbacks didn’t really work for me. Would’ve taken me out of the film completely if the atmosphere wasn’t so damn good, lol. Just not a fan of exposition dumps.

I liked how Perkins was able to get the creepiest performance of his career out of Cage while also letting him let his enthusiasm out for the role in classic, silly fashion. There were three scenes like such that got some chuckles out of me. Maika on the other hand felt kinda wasted in this. Not like it was a bad performance or anything, but I feel like she could’ve done so much more here.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Maika on the other hand felt kinda wasted in this. Not like it was a bad performance or anything, but I feel like she could’ve done so much more here.

It's weird, because she started off great. Using her detective skills and empowering her.

She was great. Wasted a good character. Cerebral ass Autistic Jodi from Silence of the Lamb was entertaining. Then, the 3rd act... She became helpless, emotional, and sloppy.

Like damn... Why we gotta go this direction with her?

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's weird, because she started off great. Using her detective skills and empowering her.

She was great. Wasted a good character. Cerebral ass Autistic Jodi from Silence of the Lamb was entertaining. Then, the 3rd act... She became helpless, emotional, and sloppy.

Like damn... Why we gotta go this direction with her?

Im on the fence about the third scene because if u were to put yourself in her shoes considering everything that was revealed i can understand the whole WTF of the situation. Like the stakes just tripled and the rules were out of the window and i felt that helplessness in her character but i wouldve liked 10 more minutes of the ending to show what happens next