‘Longlegs’ (dir. by Oz Perkins) | Maika Monroe & Nicolas Cage | NEON [7/12]

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
Ahh yes. They all wanted seats on the ozgood Perkins train :comeon:
i'm talking about mainstream flicks generally. you don't notice the discrepency between early reviews acting like this was the next Silence of the Lambs and audience reviews generally agreeing this was a disappointment? or maybe modern critics are just trash in general and everything is either "mid" or a masterpiece

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i'm talking about mainstream flicks generally. you don't notice the discrepency between early reviews acting like this was the next Silence of the Lambs and audience reviews generally agreeing this was a disappointment? or maybe modern critics are just trash in general and everything is either "mid" or a masterpiece
studios are now premiering films at festivals tailored to genre nerds/ stan critics first to get early buzz up. this was one of them. some are even having screenings for influencers and cutting off critics until closer to release date, if at all.

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Watched it last night. Thought it was good, but something I won’t watch for a few more years. The marketing and hype didn’t really push me to expect a classic and I had no expectations going in.

-The editing felt choppy at times.

-the setting/tone was great.

-didn’t care much for the main character, but the story kept me invested, so no big deal.

-Cage was great and creepy, but it felt like I was watching Old Man Joker with more weirdo dialogue at times.

-writing coulda built up more of the ending with the male cop. Coulda dropped more hints at the finale and show him slowly become unhinged.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Finally watched this, glad I didn't see this shyt in the theater, I would be pissed.

The audacity of people to compare this shyt to Silence of the Lambs, Seven or Zodiac. :pacspit:

Certain things like a nun with a knife and blood on her are just not scary to me.

It was nicely shot, I will give the cinematographer credit though.