LL Cool J ''THE FORCE'' Discussion Thread

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just looked at the credits, it was an em q tip co production, you know what it means right ? :mjpls:

Em's unability to rhyme other black sample base music like jazz or soul is to be studied
. It's no coincidence he never spat on dj premier's joint

Not true at all, study history and get your ears checked.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
That's not a soul beat

He's been out for 25 years and I'm not saying y'all need to love his music or anything but suddenly suggesting he can't rap over a Premo-like beat is ridiculous. It's just your expectations of what you want to hear from him. He does his thing. It is what it is

He could do it in his sleep. Not everyone gets the chance for various reasons to work together.

He's never worked with

Treach
KRS (not including The Anthem)
Kool G Rap (Anthem as well)
Kane
Up until last year Nas

And I'm far from an Eminem Stan. Pacino didn't (and I'm not calling Eminem Pacino) didn't work with Scorsese until 2019. Shyt happens

Last edited:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Agree. Em ruined this song completely. Would've been waaay better if he toned it down like he did on Death of Slim Shady.

I don't think he ruined it at all, but this song in partiuclar is 2-3 years old at this point.

LL said he did like 40 songs with Dre before he pivoted to working with Q-Tip. Said beats were fire but he didn't like what he was writing over them.

mundL

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the way LL opens this shyt up is mindblowing

Might be my favorite delivery of the year aside from Renaissance by Em who doesnt impress me on this one