LL Cool J: "If I hear one more terrible rap record I'm gonna have to do it to these meatballs" 🧆

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
LL could legitimately drop a dope album if he had the right producers working with him....when he tries to be current or latch on to a new trend (ie his "Ratchet" song :scusthov: ) hes AWFUL....and who could forget "Accidental Racist" :mjlol: ...but there's been recent songs he's been on that sound like vintage LL.... His verse on the Strictly for my Jeeps remix was DOPE, that song he had with Joe called "Take It" a couple years back was vintage LL ladies man shyt....He just needs to stick to the script of what made him great: an album with competent producers who can give him 1/2 records for chicks/club and 1/2 street shyt...thats the formula that has always made him win time and time again....also, lets not forget just how long he's been around and managed to stay "relevant"...the guy put out his first single in 1984 and was one of the first generation of legitimate rap superstars....name somebody else who's been in the public eye for 33 years in Hip Hop....hate the trend of hating on legends in here....Oh and more thing, he's top 5 performers in hip hop PERIOD...Just for reference, he wasn't wack on any of these:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
LL could legitimately drop a dope album if he had the right producers working with him....when he tries to be current or latch on to a new trend (ie his "Ratchet" song :scusthov: ) hes AWFUL....and who could forget "Accidental Racist" :mjlol: ...but there's been recent songs he's been on that sound like vintage LL.... His verse on the Strictly for my Jeeps remix was DOPE, that song he had with Joe called "Take It" a couple years back was vintage LL ladies man shyt....He just needs to stick to the script of what made him great: an album with competent producers who can give him 1/2 records for chicks/club and 1/2 street shyt...thats the formula that has always made him win time and time again....also, lets not forget just how long he's been around and managed to stay "relevant"...the guy put out his first single in 1984 and was one of the first generation of legitimate rap superstars....name somebody else who's been in the public eye for 33 years in Hip Hop....hate the trend of hating on legends in here....Oh and more thing, he's top 5 performers in hip hop PERIOD...Just for reference, he wasn't wack on any of these:

Yeah, he needs to focus, drop some dough on current producers like Metro, or whoever....BUT still do his own stuff lyrically.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:pachaha: And old heads wonder why this generation got no respect for legends
When LL Cool J is in better physical health than Chief Keef you shouldn't be talking :dead:

y'all young nikkaz the flabbiest "next" generation we ever had #FACTS

effeminate and all too...

I don't think old heads worried about your respect, young nikkaz fukked around and threw themselves in the bushes :pachaha:

"molly, percocet, lean" :stylin:

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
When LL Cool J is in better physical health than Chief Keef you shouldn't be talking :dead:

y'all young nikkaz the flabbiest "next" generation we ever had #FACTS

effeminate and all too...

I don't think old heads worried about your respect, young nikkaz fukked around and threw themselves in the bushes :pachaha:

"molly, percocet, lean" :stylin:
I'm worried about the music breh, you can keep up with LL Cool J's fitness all you want

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Young nikkaz used to be charismatic and powerful enough to take over from the last generation and make the next wave. The reason old heads are still at the top is because you young nikkaz weak as fukk. When Nas and em came in the game, Jay, Jadakiss, DMX, ETC those dudes used to body the past and embody the future. Y'all frail nikkaz isn't even competition for old heads outside of a very select few.

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Yeah, he needs to focus, drop some dough on current producers like Metro, or whoever....BUT still do his own stuff lyrically.

I don't want to hear LL on ANY trap beats...he needs to work with the likes of Pharrell, Q Tip, maybe Alchemist for some grimy queens shyt....someone who understands his era and can actually produce him...if its any new producers, it needs to be someone who has roots in NY like Harry Fraud or something...the minute he tries to ride the wave of trying to stay current/appeal to young kids who dont give a fukk about him, its automatically wack...the biggest mistake rappers of tenure make is trying to appeal to young kids who couldn't care less....The truth is there's a whole demographic of older rap fans who left the genre years ago when it stopped speaking to them, he has to reel the 30+ crowd back in...if older rock stars can put out albums why can't he? The age-ism in hip hop has always been one of my biggest gripes

brick james

John piffington
Daps
Young nikkaz used to be charismatic and powerful enough to take over from the last generation and make the next wave. The reason old heads are still at the top is because you young nikkaz weak as fukk. When Nas and em came in the game, Jay, Jadakiss, DMX, ETC those dudes used to body the past and embody the future. Y'all frail nikkaz isn't even competition for old heads outside of a very select few.

What old heads are even at the top? The only two nikkas that were popping 20 years ago that are popping now are nas and Jay. Everyone else is flabby as fukk.

brick james

John piffington
Daps
I don't want to hear LL on ANY trap beats...he needs to work with the likes of Pharrell, Q Tip, maybe Alchemist for some grimy queens shyt....someone who understands his era and can actually produce him...if its any new producers, it needs to be someone who has roots in NY like Harry Fraud or something...the minute he tries to ride the wave of trying to stay current/appeal to young kids who dont give a fukk about him, its automatically wack...the biggest mistake rappers of tenure make is trying to appeal to young kids who couldn't care less....The truth is there's a whole demographic of older rap fans who left the genre years ago when it stopped speaking to them, he has to reel the 30+ crowd back in...if older rock stars can put out albums why can't he? The age-ism in hip hop has always been one of my biggest gripes

Your time line is off breh, LL is for the 40+ crowd. I was born in the late 80s in the Bronx and LL sounded outdated to me by the time I really started listening and appreciating music. nikkas my age grew up listening to pac, biggie, Jay, nas, cam, and their associated acts. I saw cam and Juelz recently and that shyt was filled with 30+ year old people.

I'm sure in Cali it was different but I doubt for some reason people that were like 15 in 2000 were checking for LL ever

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Your time line is off breh, LL is for the 40+ crowd. I was born in the late 80s in the Bronx and LL sounded outdated to me by the time I really started listening and appreciating music. nikkas my age grew up listening to pac, biggie, Jay, nas, cam, and their associated acts. I saw cam and Juelz recently and that shyt was filled with 30+ year old people.

I'm sure in Cali it was different but I doubt for some reason people that were like 15 in 2000 were checking for LL ever

I agree, should've said 40+ but LL was still hot around '96/'97 and his last huge hits were in the early 2000s so 30's isn't that much of a stretch....either way, the point still stands that he has to reach the older demographic and not try and pander to kids who could care less about him