LL Cool J: "If I hear one more terrible rap record I'm gonna have to do it to these meatballs"

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
He just needs an executive producer. He has the gift, but he's an egomaniac so if you let him do what he wants he's probably going to be happy with the end result. He's had really corny tunes in every era. Cipha Sounds say he has archives of terrible records he will never put out. He has a bunch of songs that would be good if he didn't blatantly do something weird to ruin them.

This song was 1995 and his lyrics were extra flabby & sick. He needed someone to tell him to use a different delivery or something. Or ditch the theme of the lyrics entirely. He could have just spit bars on this song and still kept this hook. So it's not about LL's age, he's always taken risks with different styles, he's always had a quality control problem.

This is a fukking terrible record. It sounds like he heard the Lost Boyz album and decided to go into the booth :snoop:

He's getting his own channel on SiriusXM. It's replacing Backspin. I don't know if they will play his records constantly but I dunno....

Still a dope artist none the less. No one has a perfect catalog :yeshrug:

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I wish he would drop some heat. A well done LL record is always a good thing. He needs a good producer that won't have him sounding corny or too young. shyt, link up with Premo. :wow:

Who am I kidding, my answer is almost always link up with Premo:mjgrin:

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
I wish he would drop some heat. A well done LL record is always a good thing. He needs a good producer that won't have him sounding corny or too young. shyt, link up with Premo. :wow:

Who am I kidding, my answer is almost always link up with Premo:mjgrin:
LL is corny himself and I fukk with breh

phonthought3000

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The '84 Babies
Honestly a focus LL could drop a banger of an album hes proved when his back is against the wall he will deliver. It's a shame how is constantly overlook and not truly given his props and he the one who coined the phrase G.O.A.T. what other rapper you can say that came out in the 80s (early 80s at that) and managed to still be relevant today (granted it's more TV than music but hes still relevant)