Live video: George Zimmerman Trial - jury selection, trial, verdict, eye rolling

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
This is truly sad. I still cant believe the type of support that Zimmerman got from all those donations. If he had caught Tray robbing a house or with stolen goods etc, id understand but Tray didn't break any law. Some creepy guy followed him with a loaded gun and he ended up dead.

This case says that its fine to stalk someone, mug or threaten to do soand if they fight back for themselves, you can off them and claim self defence :wow:

I see you are from South Africa.

I feel its a case of people supporting their own. All those character witnesses damn near want to give Zimmerman a hero's welcome when all is said and done. They feel Trayvon being murdered is not the issue, its that he never belonged there in the first place. They use to lynch us, so hate is a powerful thing so I don't expect Trayvon's senseless murder to soften their hearts. I don't think this is the case for all white people, some even cried when they saw someone was shot.

But, I honestly think even if Trayvon was 12 years old, the support for Zimmerman would be the same because black males are judged by a different standard in America. The most pressing issue in this case is not black versus white, its justice and what constitutes self-defense. If the state loses this case, they won't prosecute another similar case like this, because they know they would lose. White people are not worried, because they feel Trayvon brought it on himself, a few said why didn't he tell Zimmerman I'm here visiting family.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I see you are from South Africa.

I feel its a case of people supporting their own. All those character witnesses damn near want to give Zimmerman a hero's welcome when all is said and done. They feel Trayvon being murdered is not the issue, its that he never belonged there in the first place. They use to lynch us, so why do people think the hate will go away or their heart will soften towards Trayvon's senseless murder. I don't think this is the case for all white people, some even cried when they saw someone was shot.

But, I honestly think even if Trayvon was 12 years old, the support for Zimmerman would be the same because black males are judged by a different standard. The most pressing issue is not black versus white, its justice and what constitutes self-defense. If the state loses this case, they won't prosecute another similar case like this, because they know they would lose. White people are not worried, because Trayvon brought it on himself.

Oh we all know if a brother were to use the stand your ground law, they would prosecute to the fullest. On a side note was it ever brought up that Trayvon could have been standing his ground.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
Oh we all know if a brother were to use the stand your ground law, they would prosecute to the fullest. On a side note was it ever brought up that Trayvon could have been standing his ground.

They are prosecuting Zimmerman, though. His father pulled some strings, but he did Zimmerman no favors in the end. I feel if he was a more upstanding person or a family man, the jury would not even consider convicting him. His life story shows a lame and a loser that had not better to do with his time. He'll get aggravated assault and do a 5 to 7 bid. Those donations will keep pouring in, though.

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
There was a weapon and minor involved. He would get I believe 10-15 (if not more).
Florida has a 10-20-25 to Life rule with guns.

Pull it, 10 years
Shoot it, 20 years
Shoot someone, 25 to Life.

From what I've read, this will still be taken into account no matter if he's guilty or innocent. Don't quote me on it though...

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
There was a weapon and minor involved. He would get I believe 10-15 (if not more).

I wasn't aware you can get more time if a minor was involved, he just explained that would fall under a 3rd degree murder charge. The weapon is a non-factor in how much time he serves, since it is a straight homicide charge.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have no faith in the verdict at all :pacspit:

And, I don't think the prosecution or their witnesses helped :snoop: